Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't mind the grouped task icons (though neither do I think other people should have to adjust to a completely arbitrary change) but the way-too-subtle new activity flash is completely maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've definitely had the Netflix website completely blank out all my screens before. It doesn't happen often or reliably, and it goes away after a minute or so. hosed if I know why (which I know is super helpful)

Netflix is also the only streaming site that will throw a fit if I have it open in more than one browser window at a time. (Which I am aware is a silly thing to do but sometimes I have a paused show on one virtual desktop and open another window to watch something else without swapping desktops.) So it might just be that Netflix is poo poo these days.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Scroll Lock needs to stay so that I can have a momentary panic twice a year when I hit it by accident and Excel acts all weird and I can't figure out why.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of Windows volume control? Mostly around making 100% be lower volume, right now even 25% is louder than I would ever want.

I guess there's always the low-tech brute force method (which I personally employ) of having speakers with an external volume control that you can set so the max Windows volume range is somewhere sane.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I must be living some kind of charmed life because I have yet to have most of the issues with Windows 11 that people cite in this thread. (Including that GPT-4 Bing one). I'm not saying it's not happening, just that it doesn't seem to be happening to me (or I dismissed it without thinking about it, which is equally likely).

Forcing upgrades to 11 is pretty scummy though, I'll agree with that.