Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I moved from W10 to W11 a few days ago and yeah, it really pushes OneDrive during the installation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

doctorfrog posted:

Sooner or later it's gonna be a popular aesthetic for digital images to fake dithering and feathering artifacts or whatever, right up there with Insta filters. If they don't exist already.
A dude spent months of his life making a Blender system that mimics a film camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9rEQAGpLw

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Klyith posted:

It apparently has fixed that, as the game overlay is now on the keep list and the only xbox thing on the remove list is an old app that's not used anymore.

Game bar / xbox overlay is actually pretty important for performance if you have a recent intel CPU, it detects games and keeps them from using the slow E cores.

It does however still force itself onto a controller's guide button, which renders Steam Big Picture mode unusable and is the main reason I got rid of it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vic posted:

It's just a checkbox in the settings you can easily disable.

Except the setting doesn't do anything. I even tried assigning open Game Bar to a keyboard combo and it still opened on the guide button.