Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

cheesetriangles posted:

If it was just a security feature list it would make sense but the dude claiming it's not security related is ???

Hilarious for the implication Windows 11 is too resource intensive to run on Skylake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

repiv posted:

Especially when Coffee Lake *is* supported, and that was a tiny iteration on Skylake architecturally

Need that 15% to hit a stable 60 on the desktop.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Zil posted:

I'm considering it.

Granted I have been considering it for years at this point and have never done more than mess around with dual booting.

It is the twenties and it is time for Gnome.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

It's possible whatever implementation they used such that there's such a simple fix was just the easiest one, given that they know businesses aren't going to do it and 99.999% of home users don't even know what the registry is.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I think the deal with decommissioning the floppies was that hardware maintenance and irreplaceablity of the disks were becoming a concern more than modernizing for its own sake, but don't quote me on that.