Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-debloat-windows-11/

is debloating my windows 11 an ok idea or am i gonna die irl if i do these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Quackles posted:

It is probably worth disabling telemetry and giving Copilot the heave-ho, though.

copilot sucks idk why windows doesnt have a google/siri type assistant that i can at least ask the weather without clicking around

ty for the info earlier on the debloating

Worf fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 28, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Setting aside that the .net framework will get reinstalled the first time you install an app that needs it, filing it under "crapware" is a hell of a choice. What a sketchy application.

yea i was trying to figure out if i was misreading the list and that was just teh beginning of all installed packages or if it was trying to say it was going to delete all of them, but including .net framework was kinda sus

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I wouldn't mind a Microsoft account thing except it seems particularly bad if you have multiple systems on the same account which also seems to defeat the purpose of it

Like I have no issues having an account for windows, I have an account for a bunch of other things and I don't care about having accounts there. But using the same Microsoft account across devices seems actively detrimental to the experience