Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Orc Priest posted:

Yep I already checked my BIOS. I have an ASUS Z390-P and it doesn't support TPM at all.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z390-P/E15011_PRIME_Z390-P_UM_v3_web.pdf

Intel Platform Trust Technology

Yeah making this a requirement is going to make a bunch of people think they need to upgrade when they don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I bought a 1600 AF last year, which is a 2600 in all but name, but I'm sure Windows 11 won't allow it to work because it doesn't have the right number.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I wonder how much of the TPM push is to have systems meeting requirements for federal government use. Biden's executive order specifically called out encryption at rest, so Microsoft being able to say that their product is guaranteed to have that out of the box is potentially huge for contract awards.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I just remember the space cow background

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Odd situation here. A few months ago I gave my dad an old GPU of mine, a Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Boost. Even on my previous machine I was able to have Secure Boot enabled (Ivy Bridge era).

I built him a new machine a few months ago, a Ryzen 5600x on an MSI B550-A Pro. I wasn't able to enable Secure Boot because it says the GPU doesn't support GOP. He uses 3 monitors but we had only one plugged in when trying to sort this out.

I'm confused as to why we're having this problem. Should we try a different output port on the GPU?

https://www.overclock.net/threads/do-you-want-uefi-gop-on-your-7950-7970-i-can-add-it-to-your-bios.1389206/

Seems like that has your answer.