Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yes yes yes yes! i love the M715. shame about the powertrain, both present and future. put a 401 in it!

are you going to shorten the truck any? it looks huge as hell (which imo is fine for a truck, but maybe not super practical for offroading)

i like the eggs axle

do the legs of the front hoop block the windshield latches? that seems like a problem. maybe its just the angle of the photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tuna posted:

Haha why do you hate diesel? This truck is never going to work as a high horsepower machine, it's too heavy and offroading is basically all about going 5mph. I'm (disappointingly) hoping to put an R2.8 in it, which may disappoint many but we can discuss it.

mainly i just hate how they smell, how they sound, and if it was me i woulda wished it was a V8 every time i drove it

obviously you have different intentions for it than i would, tho, which is fine

sounds like youve got your priorities otherwise straight tho. glad you're keeping the foldable windshield even if its not possible to retain the original latch locations

hopefully they dont end up garish and modern looking like the hood latches

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tuna posted:

[e] I'm sorry I forgot to mention this thread will also heavily feature cat pics.

this outweighs any criticism i could muster

Powershift posted:

As much as i love diesels, based on your size limitations/vehicle weight i would personally just go with a 6 liter LS or something of that nature.

im not sayin, but, :hmmyes:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tuna posted:

Great, looks like the Ford / GM used complete hydroboost setups are pretty cheap and plentiful. Not sure which one I'll go with yet. I already have a master brake cylinder but I'm not sure how compatible it is with each hydroboost unit so I might just avoid that headache and can sell the entire vac boost setup.

Saginaw pump with 2x return lines + gear, adapter, seal, seems more expensive than an original with vac unfortunately, but it's not outlandish. Smaller too, which is nice. Good brakes are good, awesome to hear this setup still holds up well on a 12k truck, drat.

probably just depends on the mounting bolt pattern on the master. you can get different pushrod lengths to suit the hydroboost, just make sure it isn't so long it holds the brakes slightly all the time