Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

tuna posted:

Let me know if I'm doing this right...

I'm about to mount the engine to the engine stand, I bought some nice new m12-1.75 bolts and had to modify 2 of the mounting arms by drilling a new hole in it so it could reach some of the bolt holes without hitting the crank flywheel thing in the back. Once I pick this up with the hoist and put it into the engine stand it's not just going to.. tear out those bolts is it? Haha, I've not done this before and the engine seems so heavy for just 4 measly bolts, but what do I know?

I have a 12V on the big Harbor Freight stand with similar bolting. I extended the legs out with some C channels and then welded a brace across the legs to hold the front of the engine with a jackstand to support the front of the engine so it isn't all hanging.

If you're really worried you can do something similar, hold the weight while you bolt it onto the stand with your engine crane and brace it however you need to. If you're expecting to rotate it this won't work at all obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU