Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This is the loving coolest, though I would have argued about the 4bt but it's too late now :v:

My only real complaint is whatever bastard previous owner murdered my dream m726 to turn it into a regular m715. I want one of those 726s in the worst way but I'm probably going to have to build my own out of a 715, they come up for sale approximately never.

Cage looks great. Not gonna pass rally tech inspection with it but it's 100% fine for rock crawling outside of KoH level stuff.

The factory tcase in these is actually an np200 (basically the same as a 205, but with a passenger offset rear output that goes in the hole behind the front output) that I believe is divorce mounted. The 205 is better in essentially every way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd probably go with:
- LS 6.0, just because they are dirt cheap and fit the spot well. I'd have to actually do the math but I suspect they do well against the 4bt too, especially when you take into account the different acceptable rpm ranges and different gearing choices made to accommodate that, at least last time I compared stock vs stock the 4bt didn't really have much going for it. Turned up? I have no good comparison.
- Ford 6.0... fully deleted, studded, etc
- maybe a modern 6.7 but those are still big money

Really, I don't have dimensions on the ones I'd use other than the LS, and I don't like overly lifted trucks any more than you do it seems, so fair chance I've basically got no acceptable suggestions. LS is boring, but I did the math and decided I wanted to drive my truck sooner more than I wanted it to be unique power plant wise so I just did it.

E: One of my dream builds is an m715 soft top service truck on a 6.7 Ford f450 rolling chassis with a modern utility body and a decent crane or knuckle boom, but I'm hosed up, so that might just be me.

kastein fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 10, 2021