Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah he pushed off the fence with a closed fist. Looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Brut posted:

OSP should retire.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that didn't look like a grab on replay. I can see why the announcers would think it would be super controversial with OSP's corner screaming bloody murder about it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have absolutely no earthly idea why but I can't fuckin stand ciryl gane for some reason and always root against him lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

beep by grandpa posted:

I have absolutely no earthly idea why but I can't fuckin stand ciryl gane for some reason and always root against him lol

Americans naturally cheer against the French since Freedom Fries.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I suppose it is just written into our DNA

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I had no idea OSP is going to be 40 in less than two years. Sheesh

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Absolutely same

Betting on big drago

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Gane rocks, even if anyone beating JDS makes me sad

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

beep by grandpa posted:

Sounds like you're racist op Gane owns

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Sounds like he never even mentioned race.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lol I am always extra supportive of our lightskin brothers as they are just as part of the community as the rest of us and often receive extra hate for being such.

The closest I can think of is he resembles that real rear end in a top hat boss Disco Kid from Punch Out on Wii. Tho if i'm completely honest I find myself rooting for him this time because of the size discrepency

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

I think I hate him because he had one super boring fight that made me hate him forever. Probably not fair at all but still.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gane has the broadest shoulder to waist ratio I've ever seen, motherfucker's just a V

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

wilderthanmild posted:

I think I hate him because he had one super boring fight that made me hate him forever. Probably not fair at all but still.

That was mostly Rozebstruik tho' right? If I recall correctly Gane just didn't need to risk anything and Rozebstruik just didn't push back at all

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Volkov's corner sounds exceptionally useless tonight, dude just keeps yelling "feint feint feint feint"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Gane looked great that round, tho I wonder if we're gonna see some classic heavyweight rounds 4 and 5 trash now from both of them

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Gane is up but DC is being absurdly biased on commentary

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

Gane looked great that round, tho I wonder if we're gonna see some classic heavyweight rounds 4 and 5 trash now from both of them

I, for one, am hoping for some sloppy euro wrestling.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

amenbrotep posted:

That was mostly Rozebstruik tho' right? If I recall correctly Gane just didn't need to risk anything and Rozebstruik just didn't push back at all

I remember thinking it felt like neither fighter was pushing 99% of the fight. Like Gane got a slight advantage and just didn't fight after that, sitting back and waiting. I think Rozebstruik was more at fault of course, but in my mind Gane shared some of the blame.

It's probably not fair and maybe I just need to rewatch it, but I remember not being happy with either fighter.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Volkov's right arm busted?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Volkov's right arm busted?

no that's his eye

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

wilderthanmild posted:

I remember thinking it felt like neither fighter was pushing 99% of the fight. Like Gane got a slight advantage and just didn't fight after that, sitting back and waiting. I think Rozebstruik was more at fault of course, but in my mind Gane shared some of the blame.

It's probably not fair and maybe I just need to rewatch it, but I remember not being happy with either fighter.

I think that about tracks with my recollection, Rozenstruik refused to do anything if he couldn't counterpunch and Gane didn't give him the chance when it came down to it. I'm not willing to rewatch it though lol.

Oof that eye poke looked nasty

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Ffs Herb you useless oval office take a point

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Sad performance from Volkov.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it's too bad Gane flew up the rankings so fast, he would all be our hw favorite ever if we got to see him kill greg hardy in the octagon

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What do you think feels worse

being on the losing end of a 50-45 or being finished in the first minute of round 1

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

being on the losing end of a 50-45 or being finished in the first minute of round 1

Submission or KO?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Either if you have opinions on both--

I feel like being submitted would be worse than being KO'd since you can say you just got caught, but you have to really gently caress up bad to get submitted that fast generally

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

depends on if the first minute is a mark hunt ko or an armbar

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Submission worse than the 50-45 worse than KO, unless you go for a sucker punch off the fist bump and get got (which is equal to tap to strikes within 1 minute).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

DoombatINC posted:

Gane has the broadest shoulder to waist ratio I've ever seen, motherfucker's just a V

Not even the broadest black French kickboxer in the UFC, imo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Is he carrying 3 phones in his sweatpants hahahaha what the gently caress? Anyway in that picture he hadn't been in the UFC for 5 years, it's now been almost 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

Not even the broadest black French kickboxer in the UFC, imo

ol timothy on the right there looks like one of those old timey ads for professional wrestling in the 1800s