Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No Archer on this show. I hope they have something cool planned for him soon, or else the whole "I'm angry and JUST ABOUT to explode" thing doesn't really have legs to it. Now would be a good time for Eddie to get in his ear about taking down the Elite, or have someone in the Elite screw him over somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo what a night. I thought Hobbs and Page was great and both looked like complete winners. The whole show just felt enjoyable to watch. Jungle Boy is a god drat star.

I sure do love wrestling

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DakotaRunnels22/status/1408959116463284228

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hate the way people "raise" their children to be these rude little assholes

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Casshooole/status/1408970706239565826?s=20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine being one of those people who doubted Miro in AEW. Couldn’t be me.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Can we get 30 to 40 more meme pictures in the OP? Thanks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i hate the way people "raise" their children to be these rude little assholes

A rotten child. Security needs to do something about this next time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Golden Bee posted:

Sorry but my OPs are an artistic endeavor and I will only add memes that speak to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry but my OPs are an artistic endeavor and I will only add memes that speak to me.

Doing God's work, OP :patriot:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Golden Bee posted:

sure i have some good recommendations

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Does Konnan have Parkinson's too? It looked like his hands were shaking quite a bit during his face-off with Tully.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nick Jackson’s whole deal now is magnificent, I can’t believe they kept the bucks babyfaces as long as they did. The crow call at the end of their promo was so delightfully weird.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe it's unknown as he does not go to the doctor

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Selachian posted:

Does Konnan have Parkinson's too? It looked like his hands were shaking quite a bit during his face-off with Tully.

Not that I know of, but COVID almost fuckin killed him back in February so there's a chance he's still not 100%

of course, that's not gonna stop him from taking a piledriver

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Nick Jackson’s whole deal now is magnificent, I can’t believe they kept the bucks babyfaces as long as they did. The crow call at the end of their promo was so delightfully weird.

When Cutler came up with that insult and Nick said "That's good, I'm gonna use that", I was expecting him to repeat it then and there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This poo poo was so easy that TNA could do it. Vince McMahon's weirdly specific grip on the wrestling industry makes it so easy to take shots at his company. Its a harbor for murderers and rapists. They want to erase every bit of history that doesn't make Vince look like the strongest smartest guy. They alienate all the but the most hardcore of fan that will shoot down even the most constructive criticism. And in Eddie Kingston's hands, its an easy 2 minutes to send the fans home happy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eddie loves wrestling as much as I do. And that's real cool to see. gently caress WWE for trying to kill that in me.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Selachian posted:

he was speaking truth to a florida crowd and he knew it, i'd be nervous too

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

So many “lol WWE lives rent free in AEW’s head” like the #2 in any industry isn’t constantly gunning for #1.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm the guy a row or two ahead holding a bottle of Jack

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Super over people as seen tonight:

Adam Page
Jungle Boy
Sammy
Konnan

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, I like drinking a rum and coke at wrestling shows, so the guy who brings a bottle of jack is just being frugal.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lol the votes, cmon statlander you can pull it out!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

Adam Page
Jungle Boy
Sammy
Konnan

stat

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

In the last thread I posted I would turn my opinion around on jade if she became the embodiment of the coupon and deals subforum and here we are. More jade promos please.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

just watching the show now. been great so far. Miro's promo was loving incredible.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also after watching this weeks sammy vlog, are multiple half mile lines for a meet and greet normal or is sammy a legit superstar

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Selachian posted:

I'm more worried about his absolute mountain of an outie what the gently caress was that/is wrong with him? Honestly surprised there's no other posts about it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

also after watching this weeks sammy vlog, are multiple half mile lines for a meet and greet normal or is sammy a legit superstar

He did seem pretty drat over tonight

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

Adam Page
Jungle Boy
Sammy
Konnan

oh sydal got a big pop too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jungle boy has the exact same hair as his mom

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Maxwell Lord posted:

He did seem pretty drat over tonight

i mean we know hes over but ive never been to a meet and greet, is it normally half mile lines

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also aew posted their feed from postmatch

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409031026312192000

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Defenestrategy posted:

In the last thread I posted I would turn my opinion around on jade if she became the embodiment of the coupon and deals subforum and here we are. More jade promos please.
Coupon Code Cargill is a fun direction, and I like that it's one step away from a "Yooooo wassup YouTUUUUUBE don't forget to smash that like and subscribe button" gimmick.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So many “lol WWE lives rent free in AEW’s head” like the #2 in any industry isn’t constantly gunning for #1.

"Lives rent free" is the dumbest saying anyway. Imagine criticizing someone for the concept of having thoughts.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

also aew posted their feed from postmatch

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409031026312192000

grizzled babyface vet Eddie, locker room general Eddie, so here for it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Gonna start sending people a bill whenever I think about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

An active looking limited crowd in the building.

Sammy gets mugged by Spears. Not much crowd reaction.

1) Powerhouse Hobbs vs Hangmin Page. The place is wild for Hangman. Hobbs is becoming a really awesome big guy. His style is simple, but Hangman works well with it. This match isn't fast, but it's very enjoyable. Hobbs is just hurling Page around the place. Solo Jones. Did Page get busted open in the scalp? His hair is red with blood. God, I love a Page moonsault. I think this might be the best Hobbs has looked. He's matured as a performer so much lately. And I like that they saved the shenanigans for late in the match! And more chaos in Team Taz! This Cage face burn is going well. Very nicely done end sequence. This was really good. I love the AEW habit of starting with one hell of a match.

I don't know if the sound mix is off or if Jungle Boy is just this quiet, but as good as this build sequence was, JB was whisper quiet in it.

Promo from Associate Stooge Brandon Cutler and the Young Bucks. Cutler trying to join in and getting told to shut up was fun. Cutler pumping his fist when they liked his line was so great.

Tully Blanchard talking with Konnan. Konnan uses a sheepshagger joke. This isn't a great promo. Tully knows very much about Spanish. The "Greeters" line was fun. The guys in masks are obviously FTR. This is fun but it's also nothing. Oh poo poo, that piledriver on Konnan was filthy.

2) Dante Martin vs Matt Sydal. Oh gently caress off, Vickie. Which is, I know, the reaction they're going for. They need to get Andrade away from her. Thanks for interrupting, Matt. Andrade has some great facial expressions in this bit. But I don't know why this went this way. All right, time for a wrestling match. Congrats for calling the guy who you were just told has 20 years experience a kid, Toney. Wow, this match is so much fun. Martin just makes up gravity defying poo poo every time he moves. Sydal is still fast but has developed cunning too He's become a really great technician. Jesus, some of the grapplefuck positions that Sydal gets Martin into here are just astounding. This is just so much fun. And just what the gently caress was that leaping Sunset Flip? Great match.

Jungle Boy giving a promo, Christian joins him and it helps. I really feels like they're doing their best with JB's identified weak point.

Jade hawking T-shirts. OK, sure. I enjoyed Sterling trying to tear the shirt and failing and Jade just doing it easily.

MJF and the Pinnacle call Alex Marvez Pig Vomit, so SOMEONE listened to Howard Stern at an early age (or saw Private Parts). Hager and Jericho fight MJF and Wardlow to the ring. Spears is also here I guess? Numbers game works as it obviously should. They're building clearly towards someone in particular coming out. Let's see if they do it tonight. Oh yes. Sammy gets the biggest pop of the whole group. People are just so relieved that they get to cheer for him now. Fired up babyface Sammy yelling "Hey, rear end in a top hat!" at MJF is superb. Good segment, glad that Jericho is receding and letting Sammy come forward.

Miro thanks god for making him powerful and his hot wife flexible. drat. He's going to have a conversation with Brian Pillman Jr about respect. Welp, I hope Griff is ready for a solo run.

3) Ethan Page vs Bear Bronson. Oh hey, Bear Boulder is Back! I absolutely cannot wait to see Bronson get yeeted around the place by Page. Oh, this is a nice start. Bronson has great facial expressions. Love the missile dive from Bronson, love Sky sacrificing himself. Bear Country are great. Men of The Year are great. I give SO much more of a poo poo about Sky now that he and Page are working together. Wow, these two really work well together. Bronson is bewilderingly agile, Page is Miu Watanabe level stronk. That superplex was a thing of beauty. Oh genuinely holy gently caress that delayed Ego's Edge was absolutely astounding. Gravity got defied for a second match in a row. Really good match.

I kind of wanted Page to leave the promo at just "I'm not stupid" and leave. Except that now we get the setup for Allin / Page and I want that so much. Oh jesus gently caress CASKET MATCH. Yeeeahhhhhhh. Dumb but great. Darby is going to recreate the Shunma Katsumata coffin spot.

Britt accurately pointing out that Vickie is a loving idiot for requesting a match. "Claws of the cougar" was a great line from Nyla

4) The Bunny vs Kris Statlander. Bunny has improved a lot lately. This match has potential. I wouldn't mind seeing Blade vs Cassidy at some point too. Jeez, Statlander is strong, and her strikes are amazing. Oof, that dump to the outside from the headstand spot was nasty. Bunny takes charge and turns to her speciality, namely dirty shots. Match lags just a little in the middle but most of this is a hard hitting and well fought contest. Stat is clearly building up her endurance through matches like this. That sideways Blue Thunder Bomb was great. The knuckle duster spot was awesome. Good match, was more than just the Women's Spot on the card.

Post match Cassidy gets hosed up by the Hybrid 2 and the Blade. Jeez, that was a hell of a shot on Cassidy with the brass knuckles. Blade vs Cassidy could be a hell of a match.

Quote Tweet Marshall being interviewed. Strap Match. Sure.

Servicable promo from Pillman

drat, next Wednesday is STUFFED.

Eddie and Penta interviewed (with Alex). Absolutely love Eddie's shirt. Penta promoing en espanol is so loving cool. And the Alex thing translates to face pretty well.

5) Jungle Boy vs Kenny Omega. Jungle Boy is absurdly over with the crowd. Just roaring for him. This has big fight feel all over it. I'm so glad we get ring intros, it makes it feel like a prize fight. drat, the ref had a babby too? Jeez, there was a lot of loving going on in AEW back in September. Paul Turner ejects all the hangers-on, which is frankly just a smart decision. Don joins a two and a half man booth. Kenny, that hair thing was... genuinely unsettling. Oh, this is really nice so far. Athletic big match style, with Jungle Boy breaking out shine and Kenny continually turning the tables. Every time Jungle Boy gets some offense together or thwarts something Omega is doing, the building just explodes. These two match very well, and Kenny is really working a bullying style well here. gently caress, that brainbuster from Jungle Boy looked absolutely deadly. OK, I'll admit that I BIT on a couple of these two counts. I knew they wouldn't but... what if they did? Jeez, Kenny just did a piledriver on Jungle Boy that was just whacking him repeatedly against the canvas. SNARE TRAP. SNARE TRAP. gently caress. Oh god, I really thought this was going to be the end game. poo poo, that Irish Whip clothesline was lovely. Jesus, Jungle Boy is a goddamn main eventer. Kenny wins, as we knew he would, but loving hell.

I just said it, but it bears repeating. Jungle Boy is a goddamn. Main. Eventer.

Post match, Kenny about to beat down on Jungle Boy and Christian gets involved and we get a schmozz. Hardy Family Office is out. Young Bucks are out. Bad guys work together for common goals because teamwork makes the dream work.

I was expecting a solid show with one very good match at the top of the card. What I got instead was a show that was top to bottom great. So many young people stepping up and showing they had what it took. So many good performances from new or newly elevated talent. This was a great show.