Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Are football anthems even a thing in other cultures or is it just an english thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

None of the WWE bashing or references are so overt, time consuming or obnoxious they grind the show to a halt. I always found the criticism of Brodie’s Vince traits elements bizarre cuz they suited the character perfectly; a viewer who has no clue who Vince McMahon is isn’t going to be scratching their head at any of that poo poo, which isn’t the case for most of the cross company snipes of the past

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This might be spoliers, but I've obtained some exclusive footage of Cody coming up with a naming scheme for his kids.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.slashfilm.com/jackass-4-release-date-cast-and-more/

Darby's gonna be in Jackass 4.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Congrats to Darby for landing the title role.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Congrats to Darby for landing the title role.

Hahaha

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
making fun of WWE is fine and good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Darby in Jackass is huge for AEW especially if it gets mentioned in the film at all, that movie is going to do ridiculous at the box office and be seen by a ton of people.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as much as i love the jackass lads i don't know if i want to watch them abuse themselves at their age, they should just have a nice conversation and look back at their career together with some weed, booze, and maybe a shenanigan or two, perhaps a bit of light rough housing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smarxist posted:

as much as i love the jackass lads i don't know if i want to watch them abuse themselves at their age, they should just have a nice conversation and look back at their career together with some weed, booze, and maybe a shenanigan or two, perhaps a bit of light rough housing

They're bringing in people like Darby to operate as their avatars.

Darby Allin is Johnny Knoxville

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

I mean uh, maybe not, since Steve-O is in it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

I mean uh, maybe not, since Steve-O is in it.

Steve can munch some broc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smarxist posted:

Steve can munch some broc

Don’t tell Arn

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Just have Ethan Page take turns yeeting every one of the Jackass guys into the crowd.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I looked up the Saturday ratings to see where AEW landed and they were 9th for the night behind a bunch of sports stuff.

Also, My Hero Academia pulled a .15 and 325,000 viewers! And apparently there's a sequel to Inuyasha that did a .16!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

New Butcher shirt makes me wonder if he’s coming back from injury soon, also curious if this is the same artist who did the Uno/Brodie Papers shirt:

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1410311563035152390?s=21

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

New Butcher shirt makes me wonder if he’s coming back from injury soon, also curious if this is the same artist who did the Uno/Brodie Papers shirt:

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1410311563035152390?s=21

Andy is metal as hell and i love it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1408537947587108865?s=20

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

smarxist posted:

Andy is metal as hell and i love it

He’s punk, not metal!

You know Butcher and Miro are badass because they can both pull off wearing Mickey Mouse shirts and still look like they can completely fickle you up.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

making fun of WWE is fine and good.

also perpetually online WWE nuts are going to grab at anything to declare that the other company is bad and unworthy of watching - remember when New Japan was making inroads into the US and it was all "their wrestling is way too dangerous! (while less major injuries happened per show compared to WWE)" and "nobody in that company can cut a promo! (despite most of them being cut in a language they don't understand to an audience that speaks that language, so how in the gently caress would they even know)". Now that AEW is in that position of a natural #2 and competitor to the WWE, they're all about "they botch too much! (botches are, on level, probably the same amount per aired hour between both companies)" and "they are taking shots at a bigger company, that makes them look bush league! (meanwhile Vince once spite-booked a main event because a 2009 Western Conference Finals game with the Denver Nuggets got preferred booking for the Pepsi Center over a random episode of Raw, Billionaire Ted, endless potshots on commentary at WCW when they were down in TV ratings for those 83 weeks, making knocks against the NFL in a weird boosterism of the XFL, almost making a Self Destruction of Bret Hart DVD, actually making a Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD, and so on, and so on, and so on...)"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would argue that Miro extremely did not pull off the Mickey Mouse shirt.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

He’s punk, not metal!

:ohno:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone in the Dark thread said that HFO are all made up of tag teams that hang out at clubs, but not the same club.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sorry but the King has weighed in on this debate
That's only the "best chicken in New Jersey". :colbert: But if we're counting one-location chicken places, big chains are nowhere near the top anyway.

Kunabomber posted:

remember when vince would have full on 5 minute segments where he dressed up geriatrics to play hulk hogan in a conference room with a deranged ted turner lookalike

edit: also poo poo like gillberg
In fairness, WCW had "Oklahoma" to make fun of JR's Bell's Palsy.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mythbusters reboot looking dope

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Someone in the Dark thread said that HFO are all made up of tag teams that hang out at clubs, but not the same club.

I've always felt like Big Money Matt kind of acts like a big-time drug dealer. PP are doing bumps of coke all night, B&B are all about hallucinogens and heroin, Jack Evans has a truckload of ditch weed, and Angelico's constantly rolling on molly.

Matt's trying to get Robo hooked on speed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Getting hyped to light the fuse on a wednesday again :f5:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Miles O'Brian posted:

Are football anthems even a thing in other cultures or is it just an english thing

Japan has baseball anthems, which is kinda close i guess. And a good amount of american football college teams have anthems too

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sticklefifer posted:

I've always felt like Big Money Matt kind of acts like a big-time drug dealer. PP are doing bumps of coke all night, B&B are all about hallucinogens and heroin, Jack Evans has a truckload of ditch weed, and Angelico's constantly rolling on molly.

Matt's trying to get Robo hooked on speed.

jack evans smells like soco and blunt guts

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

I saw some interview with Johnny Knoxville a couple weeks ago and I guess there are some new people being introduced in this movie, so there may not be quite so much terrifying stuff happening to the older crew. But, that's probably wishful thinking and they'll still be doing wild poo poo.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if I wanted to watch sad old men past their prime physical years come back for a nostalgia-fueled ride through the old days and throw their bodies through the ringer for monetary gain I’d just watch professional wrestling

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

sticklefifer posted:

In fairness, WCW had "Oklahoma" to make fun of JR's Bell's Palsy.

It wasn’t trying to make fun, but WCW had a woman named Aysa and that still makes me laugh.

Asia is bigger than China, y’see.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The 10k Darby spent to get out of his horrible EVOLVE deal was perhaps the smartest money a person ever spent.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Steely Dan as a tag team with 2 guys named Steely & Dan would be a great gimmick and would look just like this.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

is konnan's weird belly button ALL ELITE?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/officialtaz/status/1410327279335612421?s=21

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

I would argue that Miro extremely did not pull off the Mickey Mouse shirt.

That's OK, Miro will forgive you for this slight.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Destroy My Sweater posted:

is konnan's weird belly button ALL ELITE?

it was one of those things that I was like "man that's weird but I'm just going to pretend I didn't see it" but then I couldn't stop thinking about how much it looked like Gritty's weird loving bellybutton that he has for some reason.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

That's OK, Miro will forgive you for this slight.

Cool, I'll look forward to not main eventing Dynamite with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HOOK