Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm Darby Allin, and this is the Portapotty Joust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

explosivo posted:

it was one of those things that I was like "man that's weird but I'm just going to pretend I didn't see it" but then I couldn't stop thinking about how much it looked like Gritty's weird loving bellybutton that he has for some reason.

lol it made me think of the episode of ren and stimpy where stimpy disappears into his bellybutton

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the big news is that team taz is fine

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

if I wanted to watch sad old men past their prime physical years come back for a nostalgia-fueled ride through the old days and throw their bodies through the ringer for monetary gain I’d just watch professional wrestling

But Bard, you DO watch professional wrestling!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shard posted:

But Bard, you DO watch professional wrestling!
Really shoulda said sports entertainment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Miles O'Brian posted:

Are football anthems even a thing in other cultures or is it just an english thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naB5_32y1UQ

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

this is a hint, Evil Uno is joining Team Taz

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

Mythbusters reboot looking dope

the mythbusters hate each other irl and only tolerated the young folks until they made adam touch a live car battery and he demanded they never work together on the show ever again

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

graph posted:

the mythbusters hate each other irl and only tolerated the young folks until they made adam touch a live car battery and he demanded they never work together on the show ever again

Can I read about this somewhere in detail, it sounds fairly funny

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

a cyborg mug posted:

Can I read about this somewhere in detail, it sounds fairly funny

https://www.polygon.com/2015/10/22/9593334/mythbusters-final-season-relationship

theres several youtubes too if you use the right search terms

graph fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 30, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That was quick, thanks!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
if you search for 'mythbusters ark of the covenant' on utub you can watch the full segement and take in just how loving pissed adam is. i mean, who loving wouldnt be

anyways i'm ready to light the fuse in a couple hours

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

graph posted:

if you search for 'mythbusters ark of the covenant' on utub you can watch the full segement and take in just how loving pissed adam is. i mean, who loving wouldnt be

anyways i'm ready to light the fuse in a couple hours

Kari's "did you feel God?" gets me every time

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We were talking about seaweed at work earlier and now I think I might order poke for dinner tonight. What else is everyone else eating for the exciting return to Wednesday night?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

i thought the draw of Raising Cain's was the dipping sauces not the chicken itself

That is what I also understand.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Ah that's right, I hadn't thought of Brodie since it was a lot more characterization and not so much a big TNA-esque promo about "the other guys" or whatever. I agree, though – the Vince nods were funny and cute but definitely a bit too on the nose for me to be done for too long. I'm glad was able to grow the character out of being just a parody of a madman.

He was Quack.

Brodie Lee's character was Mike Quackenbush.

Sure you could connect Vince Stories to some of the affectations.

But he was Quack.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Quack's suits didn't fit that well.
*I'm only dimly aware of who he is

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Potential news for Team Taz:
1) recruiting a new tag team and/or woman
2) HOOK gonna wrestle now
3) FTW belt is going legit
4) is fine
5) owooOOWHOA-OOHWA-ohhwo

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

karmicknight posted:

That is what I also understand.

He was Quack.

Brodie Lee's character was Mike Quackenbush.

Sure you could connect Vince Stories to some of the affectations.

But he was Quack.

Is that why Brodie’s gear was so bad at first

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

From Taz's retweet it sounds like there are two Team Taz announcements (the initial thing AEW tweeted about, then his follow-up) so if I had to guess, it'd be Cage is out and there's a new big hunk to take his place and challenge for the FTW belt. Or maybe no new guy and Hobbs will challenge. The dissension between Cage & Starks is at an all-time high, so something's gotta give.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

StarkRavingMad posted:

:chloe:

this child is zero years old and has already had enough of this poo poo

You'd have that look too if the first thing in your life that you ever laid your eyes on was Cody's neck tattoo

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

graph posted:

The Adam/Jaime thing gets really exaggerated when people talk about it. Adam talks about Mythbusters a lot on his YouTube channel, and it’s clear (at least from his perspective) that while him and Jaime weren’t friends, they didn’t hate each other. They were coworkers who would sometimes get on each other’s nerves, but ultimately worked well together, and that’s it.

He also speaks highly of the other three all the time, and has made it clear that he blames a producer for egging them on to that electric shock thing.

Anyway, it’s finally Wednesday.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
seems like they had a decently healthy working relationship over a 15 year period, with disagreements that never blew up to the point where they were dysfunctional for the show to continue

the EVPs of AEW on the other hand

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jamie was the one who even recommended to the network that Adam should be his co-host (originally, it was only going to be Jamie hosting)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Adam has told a lot of stories about an early producer who was trying to run things reality show style and should try to get them to prank each other and would work Adam and Jamie against each other.

And Adam and Jamie have said that they wouldn't call it hate. More that they have a healthy working relationship, absolutely are not friends outside that working relationship, and that Jamie really isn't interested in being in front of a camera these days. Hyneman definitely seems like a guy who wants to make stuff but really doesn't want to be famous for it. Adam likes the fame more.

It does sound like a nightmare when they both describe how they work. Just the two biggest nerds ripping apart each other's experiments to find any flaws and just constantly arguing over the exact best way to do things. "Should this be a screw, a nail, or tape?" types of discussions constantly. But it also sounds like the right process for what they do

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 30, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
For some reason I thought that Jamie had died years ago. Weird.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1410349929210449933?s=20

Marvez hunting Hangman down tonight.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Seams posted:

For some reason I thought that Jamie had died years ago. Weird.

You’re probably thinking of Grant.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

hangman will dodge the question by cracking open a white claw to summon joey janela, whisking alex away to the melon farm

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Leyla Hirsch to Team Taz or we riot

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/status/1410205850938003456?s=20

The dog ...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hangman, Orange Cassidy, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, and... Matt Sydal is not a Top 5 I would have guessed ever.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

STAC Goat posted:

Matt Sydal is not a Top 5 I would have guessed ever.

his push is real quiet but yeah

he already faced omega a month or two ago

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's probably high up the rankings so when Andrade beats him it shoots him up near the top 5.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wonder what Andrade’s surprise is gonna be. Maybe a spooky Dutchman.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1410267968378974208

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The Dutchman is still doing his 90 days, but his wife isn't.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought Thea had done some stuff at the PC

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Thea had done some stuff at the PC

She did, but she didn't re-sign.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ThePariah posted:

The Dutchman is still doing his 90 days, but his wife isn't.

Would be wild if he was one of the guys who got them to waive his 90 days knowing exactly where he was going to go, but maybe that’s why he was going on about how much Vince loved him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Seams posted:

I wonder what Andrade’s surprise is gonna be. Maybe a spooky Dutchman.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1410267968378974208

We will never find out as Vickie can't schedule any interview time and keeps trying to sneak it out between entrances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

broke: its thea

woke: its la faccion ingobernables

give me rush and dragon lee