Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

i watched. I love wrestling.

ttyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

i watched. I love wrestling.

ttyl

Same xoxo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Shard posted:

Super over people as seen tonight:

Adam Page
Jungle Boy
Sammy
Konnan

drat shame they killed OC's overness by shuffling him into a feud with the comedy jobbers 2 weeks after his world title shot

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

drat shame they killed OC's overness by shuffling him into a feud with the comedy jobbers 2 weeks after his world title shot

f u

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I screamed when JR said “cowboy shiznit” on the air before they cut to a guy with a dry erase whiteboard with COWBOT poo poo written on it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Great show tonight. The main event slapped, the opener was real good, Dante/Sydal was still good the second time, Sammy continues to look like a superstar (he'd better beat MJF on Wednesday!) and Miro going full crazed religious zealot is incredible

Jerusalem posted:

I live in mortal terror every waking moment of my life that Miro is going to see me through the television screen.

Miro is reaching Minoru Suzuki levels of murder :stonk:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drat hangman got busted open bad in the opener :stare:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Great show tonight. The main event slapped, the opener was real good, Dante/Sydal was still good the second time, Sammy continues to look like a superstar (he'd better beat MJF on Wednesday!) and Miro going full crazed religious zealot is incredible

Miro is reaching Minoru Suzuki levels of murder :stonk:

Mironu Suzuki

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how it would happen or how you'd book it, but Miro vs. Moxley would be a fun match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh I kept reading the thread and everyone's doing the Miro/Suzuki comparison. I thought I was being really smart with that :negative:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Oh I kept reading the thread and everyone's doing the Miro/Suzuki comparison. I thought I was being really smart with that :negative:

Sounds like a gal got

:cool:

Scooped.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the andrade/vickie segment was v. weird.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Sounds like a gal got

:cool:

Scooped.

Oh scoopsters, why hast thou forsaken me?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

the andrade/vickie segment was v. weird.

It wasn’t good but I enjoy the idea that in kayfabe Vickie was like “Alright I’ve seen this poo poo before, all we gotta do is have your music hit and walk out there and we can do whatever the hell we want.” Then she missed her opening to do it before Dante’s walkout and Sydal went “gently caress this, hit my music too, I’m going out” and Vickie just had to slink away in shame knowing she messed up the big announcement

Bonus points if we get a cool Andrade-Sydal match out of it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

your scoops are as reheated as your burgers

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Andrade vs. Sydal would be a very good first match on Dynamite for Andrade.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

your scoops are as reheated as your burgers

What the gently caress I didn't schedule getting owned today

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can’t believe Adam Page busted Hobbs open and got Hobbs’ blood all into his own hair to pop the wokes

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

xbilkis posted:

It wasn’t good but I enjoy the idea that in kayfabe Vickie was like “Alright I’ve seen this poo poo before, all we gotta do is have your music hit and walk out there and we can do whatever the hell we want.” Then she missed her opening to do it before Dante’s walkout and Sydal went “gently caress this, hit my music too, I’m going out” and Vickie just had to slink away in shame knowing she messed up the big announcement

Just once I want to see someone storm up to gorilla and hit a button to start their music, or scream at someone to start it, then go interrupt a segment.

I've thought about this since I was a kid.

Dynamite was great. I don't get Bear Country, especially the masks. Looking forward to seeing Kenny repeatedly knee Christian in the face on Fyter Fest Night Two.

blunt fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 27, 2021

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

graph posted:

also aew posted their feed from postmatch

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409031026312192000

Facepaint-less Penta is never not gonna weird me out. He looks like a jacked Fuego without it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

blunt posted:

Looking forward to seeing Kenny repeatedly knee Christian in the face on Fyter Fest Night Two.

Mr. McMahon I'm begging you please let Daniel Bryan go.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

So what's the deal with Thea Trinidad? Did she end up signing with wwe again or not? Would love for her to take over as Andrade's manager

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Crapple! posted:

So what's the deal with Thea Trinidad? Did she end up signing with wwe again or not? Would love for her to take over as Andrade's manager

She hasn't signed yet and apparently Tony flew out recently to meet her and Tommy personally. I think there's a good chance.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Germansimp posted:

Facepaint-less Penta is never not gonna weird me out. He looks like a jacked Fuego without it.
II always think Fenix has let himself go

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Oh scoopsters, why hast thou forsaken me?

Scoop not, lest ye be scooped.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Poll is flawed, MOTN is Miro's promo. The man has got straight up movie star charisma, goddamn.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hey.

Paul didn't ruin the main event for once. :woop: :v:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Hangman Rules.

The slow implosion of Team Taz is great.

Konnan's promo was OK, but was ultimately a waste of time in the end. Didn't he catch COVID recently? That Spike Piledriver was nasty as hell.

The Vicki/Andrade thing was a bit weird and unnecessary. Just have him do a backstage promo or something.

To be fair, I got worked and totally thought that Christian was going to screw over Jungle Boy in the event:shrug:

Kris Rules and OC nonchalantly removing the brass knuks from the match was funny.

Jungle boy rules and I look forward to seeing his reign in about 4 years.

Eddie's promo ruled.

God, this show ruled. Good night, y'all.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hey.

Paul didn't ruin the main event for once. :woop: :v:

One of the Wrestling tropes I will mark for is stable leaders still being able to wrestle and win even without their chickenshit antics.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm more worried about his absolute mountain of an outie what the gently caress was that/is wrong with him? Honestly surprised there's no other posts about it

There were in the live thread.

It looked like an umbilical hernia, and I found some tweets from a year or two ago saying he had one, and someone in this thread mentioned he doesn't go to the doctor... add all that up and yeah, he might have a massive untreated hernia.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Still smiling at Tony's "TOPE SUICIDA.. HELL YEAH!"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JR seemed saltier than usually about anticipated criticism of his errors last night.

Also shameful the director only caught the tail end of this and didn’t give us a replay:

https://twitter.com/flwrestlingfan/status/1408942541035257869?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tony has a perfect heel commentator persona but he just happens to cheer for all the babyfaces. He’s so good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

JR seemed saltier than usually about anticipated criticism of his errors last night.

Also shameful the director only caught the tail end of this and didn’t give us a replay:

https://twitter.com/flwrestlingfan/status/1408942541035257869?s=21

Jesus gently caress.

One of my minor pleasures in wrestling is seeing a big lad who can plant someone entirely through the canvas with uranage / spinebuster type moves, and Hobbs is Inamura level at this.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This episode of Dynamite ruled. Every segment managed to hit. They weren't all 10/10 of course, but they were all quite good. Omega/Jungle Boy was exactly what I wanted. A clean Omega match that made JB look great. Andrade/Sydal is going to slap. Miro's promos have been on FIRE lately. One of the best in wrestling lately and that's fierce competition in AEW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Spinebuster could be Hobbs' finisher and it would be perfectly fine.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That Spinebuster could be Hobbs' finisher and it would be perfectly fine.

It should be his finisher as a heel so that he can cut off momentum and then 123 your favorite and make a kid in the front row cry

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

It really feels like the bookers finally stopped holding themselves back last night.

No COVID, no Friday shows, able to plan certain matches for certain cities again.

It felt like one of the amazing shows they were putting on pre-covid.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hope Andrade's announcement was going to be that he'll debut at the Austin show on the 14th. I assume his debut will be a great fuckin match with Matt Sydal at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh also, I am hyped as gently caress for a coffin match :hellyeah: