Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Paul didn't ruin the main event for once. :woop: :v:

Thread help me out, the only AEW Paul I can think of is Tall Paul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thread help me out, the only AEW Paul I can think of is Tall Paul.

Paul Turner?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still high over last nights episode

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Shard posted:

Still high over last nights episode

Drugs are bad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

JR seemed saltier than usually about anticipated criticism of his errors last night.

Also shameful the director only caught the tail end of this and didn’t give us a replay:

https://twitter.com/flwrestlingfan/status/1408942541035257869?s=21

They also missed Matt giving Christian the Twist during the final schmozz, which seemed sloppy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Helicity posted:

There were in the live thread.

It looked like an umbilical hernia, and I found some tweets from a year or two ago saying he had one, and someone in this thread mentioned he doesn't go to the doctor... add all that up and yeah, he might have a massive untreated hernia.

"some type of hernia" was my initial reaction so yeah that makes sense

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Didn't Konnan have some massive liver issues or something like that too?

And I can't believe no one is talking about JB going for a RAINMAKER against Kenny :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why can't I vote for Jade's outfit. That was the best part.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

coconono posted:

why can't I vote for Jade's outfit. That was the best part.

My daughter said it was inappropriate, but she also wanted "Boom Boom" to win in the Omega/Jungle Boy match, so she's got some questionable opinions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dango Bango posted:

Didn't Konnan have some massive liver issues or something like that too?

And I can't believe no one is talking about JB going for a RAINMAKER against Kenny :stare:

imo that spot was done the opposite of how it should've been. Jungle Boy going for a ripcord, just for Kenny to nail him with the Raintrigger, a move he doesn't do a ton, but does decently often enough, is a cool spot but nothing ground breaking. If Kenny went for the Raintrigger and then Jungle Boy nailed him with a Rainmaker, that would've been insane.

Helicity posted:

My daughter said it was inappropriate, but she also wanted "Boom Boom" to win in the Omega/Jungle Boy match, so she's got some questionable opinions.

Can't believe you're quashing your daughter's dreams of Colt Cabana: AEW World Champion. Horrible parenting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's former NWA World's Heavyweight Champion Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana, thankyewverymush.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh also, I am hyped as gently caress for a coffin match :hellyeah:

Darby strikes me as someone who watched the Grave Consequences match in LU and thought to himself "I bet I can die way worse that Fenix did here."

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevation matches announced, including Eddie and Penta vs TH2

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409195641759207429

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kris Statlander’s leg wrap thing looks like it would be a real pain in the rear end to put on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

JR seemed saltier than usually about anticipated criticism of his errors last night.

Also shameful the director only caught the tail end of this and didn’t give us a replay:

https://twitter.com/flwrestlingfan/status/1408942541035257869?s=21

Jesus gently caress. That legit should've been the high point of the match. Hobbs was teasing all match how he's got counters for Hangmin, and then this is the one it matters for hte most, it's THE move for Hangman, and not only did he counter it, Hobbs delivered one of his strongest moves in his arsenal. loving camera.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409207398418485254

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/wheeleryuta/status/1242123202882686977

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I stumbled across this.

https://twitter.com/Christian4Peeps/status/1102701197226635264

I wonder how long Christian has known Jungle Boy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oh poo poo yes. Yuta is amazing.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MJeff posted:

Can't believe you're quashing your daughter's dreams of Colt Cabana: AEW World Champion. Horrible parenting.

I did buy her his Boom Boom rainbow shirt, so that bumps me to just "subpar".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jericho on his podcast basically threatening to get Shotzi and Shayna blackballed from AEW (if they get released from WWE) over them making fun of his Blood & Guts bump

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Jericho on his podcast basically threatening to get Shotzi and Shayna blackballed from AEW (if they get released from WWE) over them making fun of his Blood & Guts bump

Good for Jericho.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Good for Jericho.

Why?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1409185751225540608

:doggo:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yambag city, in the middle of Yambag state.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bluuugh if that's worked I got worked

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I'd rather takes Sammys chairshot

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Chris James 2 posted:

I can’t believe aging aspiring rockstar Chris Jericho is a sensitive little baby

Enjoying the idea of him still being mad in 6 months after a hypothetical Shotzi release and going to Tony like “Gonna have to flex my veto power on this one, on account of the gif on Twitter”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shotzi's the one with the the little tonka tank playset thing that has horrific botches in every match, right?

Godspeed, Jericho.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/futuresend10/status/1409198066561949702

lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol he hosed up his arm and elbow because of it, i'd be pissed off too if little freaks from the fed were talking poo poo because some cardboard got shown on camera

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He took a bump he was very nervous about taking and that had low margin for error and doesn't want people who can't respect the dangers in the locker room.

It's also very funny to see drama like this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

lol he hosed up his arm and elbow because of it, i'd be pissed off too if little freaks from the fed were talking poo poo because some cardboard got shown on camera

Yeah I don't think it's being super sensitive to fling yourself off of a twenty foot drop to try and put someone over, suffer a legit injury in the process and then get a little annoyed when somebody who's supposed to be a colleague of yours treats it like a joke because the camera people didn't use a perfect angle.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The thing is, it looked funny

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

So is this what they mean when they say someone's working stiff?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll give Jericho the benefit. You can be simply annoyed by fans making fun of it since they don't know, but folks full on in the industry who should know better making fun does raise some red flags on how they'd be in a similar situation. Above all, however:

MassRafTer posted:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

He took a bump he was very nervous about taking and that had low margin for error and doesn't want people who can't respect the dangers in the locker room.

boomers threatening young people over minor jokes on social media is high key pathetic.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
jericho is allowed to be upset about people not showing concern for his safety but only if the something awful forums appends his name with "Noted Drunk Driver, Jericho" at every mention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

boomers threatening young people over minor jokes on social media is high key pathetic.

didnt you have a full on meltdown, complete with leaving then coming back, because Posters on the forum laughed at the bomb not going off? i'd think you of all people could get why someone would be upset about it