Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So who do you think beats the Bucks? The Lucha Bros, or PnP?

wildcard guess? The Dark Order.

Hangman avoids going for the belt or taking a stand with Kingston's guys against the Elite. The Dark Order get one of those "win and you get a shot and actually do win and shock the Bucks by getting the belts." The Elite decimate the Dark Order in response, brutal poo poo. Hangman is finally inspired to stand up for his friends and to take the chance at winning like they did.

I dunno if I believe that but the thought crossed my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Le Saboteur posted:

I still think to a point AEW talks about WWE a lot more than they should and it does feel tiresome at times. Obviously, there was a share of jabs going back and forth for awhile early on but now at times it does feel like AEW is harping on it a bit too much.

As someone who casually watches both products theres two main things I find distracting in AEW: the refs being too involved in the matches and/or getting themselves over, and what feels like they need to talk about the other guys a bit too often. They have an awesome in ring product, match quality absolutely trumps WWE 90% of the time, but it was lame when WCW was doing it back in the day and still feels lame now.

The funny part about it to me is how fans see it as a "like WCW did" matter when off the top of my head I can think of 3 separate incidents where WWE had mocking parodies of WCW people as regular parts of their tv shows during the Monday Night Wars. I think it speaks to the perceived "pecking order" and why Kingston pissed off so many people. He's not "supposed" to talk poo poo about WWE because he hasn't earned it like they have. Its clinging to the idea that WWE is the top of the mountain so anyone throwing shots from below looks sad and are overreaching.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Le Saboteur posted:

If it wasn't clear I do mean to say it was lame when WWE and WCW were going back and forth way back when too. I apologize that I only mentioned WCW there but my intent was just to nod back to that era there.

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to call you out about it. The way you phrased it just felt like it involuntarily got to one of the issues that's always stood out to me. I just think WWE has been on top so long that they've fostered this air of superiority where stuff others do is "unprofessional" or "pathetic" or "bush league" even though they do it all themselves. That's probably especially true amongst WWE vets who have been directly told the "you made it" rhetoric and is at the heart of Bully Ray's "Cody and Jericho can talk poo poo, Eddie should stay in his lane" nonsense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hangman, Orange Cassidy, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, and... Matt Sydal is not a Top 5 I would have guessed ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dutt was a solid wrestler and his thing in TNA for a long time was "best wrestler in the X Division to never win the title". Then towards the end of his run they did a tour of India and he won the belt there with a big fanfare. He was also working backstage at that point and I believe was involved creatively with Ring Ka King.