Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Paul didn't ruin the main event for once. :woop: :v:

Thread help me out, the only AEW Paul I can think of is Tall Paul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think Blade looked really good after abandoning the peroxide and going full bald. I guess Miro can have the blond buzzcut again if he wants it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409221239596630022?s=19

Excited to analyse Griff's emotional state.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

They can afford to put it off a little longer. There's still plenty of feuds left for Kenny.

I kinda worry for Kenny, I think he may need some R&R pretty badly to avoid an early retirement. Like there's lots of narratives that would be fun but he seems to be tearing himself apart out there.

MJeff posted:

So what's the timetable on Ricky Starks, cause he's obviously not taking bumps, but he's gettin' decently physical out there for a guy with a neck injury.

I believe we were talking 3 months minimum when it happened. Which seems astoundingly short, but he did both finish the match and tweeted "i'm fine guys, I do yoga" afterwards before finding out he'd fractured it so maybe it's the nice sort of broken neck.

Pylons posted:

Also I saw someone mention this look on Hangman's face after his match last night and it's loving perfect.

https://imgur.com/a/gdBOJfl

if you add a ".mp4" to the end it appears inline. I had to scour smarxist's posts to find that out.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Two people I don't know.

Rarity posted:

I'm very glad Alex cheated cause that's exactly what I would have done

He didn't cheat, he just knows what "inanimate" means

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

coconono posted:

start calling him Jungle Jack

No.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

BPJ is really good at selling. I'd be surprised if he wasn't playing to his strengths instead of being sabotaged by bookers. He takes a beating even during Dark matches, and Dark is a place where Brian Cage and Fenix have long competitive matches against Chandler Hopkins and Diamanté's brother whose name I forget.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pamela Springstein posted:

huh. Pillman started later than I thought. I thought he was a lifer who started as a kid.

His dad died young and he had an abusive stepfather who preferred him to stay in his room, according to his interview on Dark Side of the Ring.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's real

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, Tony Kahn isn't about breaking up tag teams, but forming them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Another important thing from Elevation: Julia! has new gear and it incorporates a huge fuckoff bright-pink bow

A lot of strong matches, but stands outs to me were Wheeler Yuta v. Karl Anderson, KiLynn King v. Riho, The Blade v. Chuck Taylor, The Dark Order v. the HFO, and Penta and Eddie v. TH2. But all of the matches were either very good, or very short.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 29, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It’s very funny to me that they used Lindsay Snow of all people as a seat filler for Elevation and the first 5 minutes of Dynamite. Is that Ashley D’Amboise in that screen shot too doing the same job?

A lot of the seats facing the hard-cam had wrestlers warming them. Presumably the ticket-holder didn't feel like showing up two hours early to watch a recording of (a very good) Elevation. Lindsay's been a regular in the wrestle-crowd for both Darks and Dynamites the past few months, but it's a less noticeable position.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Yeah. Dani Jordyn, Tesha Price, and probably some others I can't remember were up there too

Dillon McQueen, Robyn Renegade and her sister. Over half of the seats had a wrestler in, it was basically Where's Wally.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

All this talk about how AEW lets wrestlers develop their own character and the office is really receptive to ideas and they won't let Sammy bump off a helicopter.
Also, Holidead has been conspicuous by her absence in Dark, given how many MPW wrestlers have come through there - hopefully she'll get to do stuff, Nyla's been on a roll squashing people.
This claims to be the full card: the captain Shawn Dean returns to action, JD Drake and Kaz beating the hell out of each other, and another Indian wrestler.
https://twitter.com/KaydrianWebb/status/1409890009054945285
e:fb
e2: lol Marko v Hobbs

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 29, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Who's the owner of that glorious blond mohawk in the opening of Sammy's vlog?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I totally bought that Eddie wanted to be the world's champion. Who wouldn't want to, it's kinda the point.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm just glad Tall Paul no longer calls people ring generals on Elevation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's really surprising to me the legs Eddie's speech has. He was saying "the wrestling we do is better than the wrestling they do." That's what you're supposed to say! Like, Taz calling them sloppy over Covid, I could see getting mad about, but this?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Quack's suits didn't fit that well.
*I'm only dimly aware of who he is

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Seams posted:

I wonder what Andrade’s surprise is gonna be. Maybe a spooky Dutchman.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1410267968378974208

We will never find out as Vickie can't schedule any interview time and keeps trying to sneak it out between entrances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Wasn't the story that Dutt quit/asked for his release, instead of being let go? If so, then maybe he was sick of the backstage of the WWE shows.

Having just googled him because I didn't recognize the name, that is the story (according to Fightful so probably true). He could also have noticed the large number of people getting sacked and decided to jump before he was pushed.