Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Great show tonight. The main event slapped, the opener was real good, Dante/Sydal was still good the second time, Sammy continues to look like a superstar (he'd better beat MJF on Wednesday!) and Miro going full crazed religious zealot is incredible

Jerusalem posted:

I live in mortal terror every waking moment of my life that Miro is going to see me through the television screen.

Miro is reaching Minoru Suzuki levels of murder :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh I kept reading the thread and everyone's doing the Miro/Suzuki comparison. I thought I was being really smart with that :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Sounds like a gal got

:cool:

Scooped.

Oh scoopsters, why hast thou forsaken me?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

your scoops are as reheated as your burgers

What the gently caress I didn't schedule getting owned today

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

So I stumbled across this.

https://twitter.com/Christian4Peeps/status/1102701197226635264

I wonder how long Christian has known Jungle Boy.

This is cool and really adds to their mentor/protogee relationship

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

unfair to judge shotzi who probably hasn’t got to the class on big bumps at wrestling school yet

Yeah that's not until 6th year at the PC

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is PB Smooth named after peanut butter?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xbilkis posted:

He actively avoids challenging Kenny, which is not a good look for your top young babyface.

This is already what's happening though and I don't think they're going to lose the crowd on this because it's not just them refusing to pull the trigger. There are very clear human reasons behind Hangman ducking Kenny which we all understand and empathise with. Hangman's not going to go after Kenny without some big emotional catalyst (probably the Elite destroying Dark Order making him too pissed off to care) cause if he just suddenly decided he was ok to fight Kenny then it wouldn't feel earned. His journey to the top is just as much about beating his own demons as it is beating Kenny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still think Full Gear is more likely than All Out for Hangman's title win, mostly cause I think it would be silly to have Kenny drop the belt before giving Darby a PPV main event

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Holy poo poo this week's Dark Order bit :love:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm very glad Alex cheated cause that's exactly what I would have done

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really dug Uno's Evil Uno Fan Club shirt :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Writer Cath posted:

That's Charlotte.

:thejoke:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

God dang they would have the most beautiful kids

...Don't let Stu see this :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kota's gotta have done it at some point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

How the gently caress do you take a poisonrana without getting hurt?

It looks like it's a backwards handspring with your opponent's legs hiding the fact your head misses the ground

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Fightful dropping some heavy scoops:

It's cool that they let Pillman have a shot at making his idea work cause him and Pillman have clicked way better since adding Julia and fully leaning into the gimmick

MJeff posted:

It is interesting that Pillman seems to be the driving force behind it creatively because you watch their matches and it's clear as day that AEW views Griff as the guy from that team and Pillman as, uh, not.

Griff's not the one getting the big Miro match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, his dad was never able to fully click with his dad either.

I had it as Griff and realised I screwed up so edited one but not the other :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Of course MJF would have a cat for a pet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jonny Nox posted:

so.....watching elevation.

Eddie was over. like over over.

Like the crowd was into Penta, but really they kinda wanted Eddie Kingston levels of over.

Eddie Kingston is one of AEW's top faces and it owns :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I wasn't watching AEW when the Brodie Lee tribute thing went down, so I only saw the videos much later. I was pretty surprised to see Eddie Kingston doing a big, impassioned speech to the locker room before the event, so I guess Eddie hasn't found respect just in front of the audience, but in the locker room as well.

You love to see it.

Obviously the Elite are the EVPs and Mox is the ace and Hangman's the future star but in many ways Eddie feels like the soul of AEW. His personal story of hustling in the minor leagues for two decades before finally getting a shot at the big time is a perfect mirror for the state of wrestling in America and I feel like more than anyone he symbolises what AEW is trying to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please be kind to Stu in these difficult times

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

-Sammy wanted to bump out of the helicopter

Sammy why

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

- Powerhouse Hobbs vs Marko Stunt

:rip:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No way are Fuego and KiLynn not signed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

I swear to God if Sammy loses I will cry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MJF is established enough to take a loss and Sammy is on absolute roll. He needs this win to fully cement himself in that top tier

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Trent you forgot to @ Sue

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

Jesus has answered your prayers, and you will be able to see his favorite champion, Miro, tonight, and on Wednesdays forever more. It's a miracle.

Thank you Jesus for ensuring that maybe one day I too will be murdered by Miro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It feels like Dynamite was only 4 days ago!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My Lovely Horse posted:

"finally back in the UK where people are peaceful and there's no division" is a master heel tweet

Yeah but he said it's coming home so he's a good'un :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
England will win the Euros and Ogogo will beat Kenny to become AEW champion

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God can you imagine how obnoxious we'd be if we did actually win it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not like you're leaving much to the imagination as is.

Sorry can't hear you over the sound of it coming home

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There will be no rubber burgs when it comes home, just the sweet sweet taste of victory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Suplex Liberace posted:

Dose the sweet taste of victory also come frozen?

It's the only we could keep it fresh for 55 years :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

this is a thing that happens in real punchsports too though, limited but famous/entertaining fighters get protected and pushed to the top because they’re bigger potential draws than a more complete fighter who is kinda dull

E: although if it just feels jarring to your ear to hear those specific insidey terms from a wrestler in a promo then yeah I can understand that

Yeah the terms do make sense in kayfabe in that MJF is protected by rarely having to have fights and the company pushes him in all their merch and promotion