Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dango Bango posted:

Didn't Konnan have some massive liver issues or something like that too?

And I can't believe no one is talking about JB going for a RAINMAKER against Kenny :stare:

imo that spot was done the opposite of how it should've been. Jungle Boy going for a ripcord, just for Kenny to nail him with the Raintrigger, a move he doesn't do a ton, but does decently often enough, is a cool spot but nothing ground breaking. If Kenny went for the Raintrigger and then Jungle Boy nailed him with a Rainmaker, that would've been insane.

Helicity posted:

My daughter said it was inappropriate, but she also wanted "Boom Boom" to win in the Omega/Jungle Boy match, so she's got some questionable opinions.

Can't believe you're quashing your daughter's dreams of Colt Cabana: AEW World Champion. Horrible parenting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I stumbled across this.

https://twitter.com/Christian4Peeps/status/1102701197226635264

I wonder how long Christian has known Jungle Boy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shotzi's the one with the the little tonka tank playset thing that has horrific botches in every match, right?

Godspeed, Jericho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

lol he hosed up his arm and elbow because of it, i'd be pissed off too if little freaks from the fed were talking poo poo because some cardboard got shown on camera

Yeah I don't think it's being super sensitive to fling yourself off of a twenty foot drop to try and put someone over, suffer a legit injury in the process and then get a little annoyed when somebody who's supposed to be a colleague of yours treats it like a joke because the camera people didn't use a perfect angle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

The popular and entertaining wrestler

I'm gonna have to take your word for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

for the record the Jericho spot was not bad at all and I feel similarly about people making GBS threads on it as I do people making GBS threads on the death match because the post match was bad when the match itself was amazing. I just think trying to blacklist people from the wrestling business for petty reasons is lovely and childish, but i'm not going to stop watching Jericho, who I don't care for, or Will Ospreay, whose work I enjoy for either reason.

Please, keep us up to date on your opinion on all of the spots and who you are and aren't going to watch.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what's the timetable on Ricky Starks, cause he's obviously not taking bumps, but he's gettin' decently physical out there for a guy with a neck injury.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who else has done a poison rana on Kenny to escape the OWA? I know it's a fairly common counter spot.

Did Tanahashi do it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

StarkRavingMad posted:

Just from a quick google of "poison rana one winged angel," Swann did, PAC did, Fenix did, Sydal did, and you were right that Tanahashi did

I'm sure there were others. I would have sworn that Naito did at some point, but search results indicate that I may be thinking of Naito doing that to Okada in some match instead

If someone does kick out of the OWA, it better be like, a coronation of that guy going forward. Hangman may be the only one that makes sense for it, and I'm not even sure if he does. As far as I know, Kota is still the only kick out ever on that move (not counting Okada getting his foot on the ropes as a true kick out)

I think you're thinking of the 2017 G1 final. Omega is on the top turnbuckle and he's trying to do a super power bomb to Naito, but Naito counters into this massive loving rana off the top and Omega loving flings himself all the way across the ring. It was incredible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't even conceptualize the series of events it would take to get Charlotte in AEW but I can pretty clearly imagine her getting cut because she decided selling for Red Velvet was beneath her.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Don't think he'd do much in the ring for Red Velvet either tbh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

it's cool that the Blonds seem like a Pillman joint, he's been getting better in the ring and on the mic, but it's good to know he's got a brain for what works on TV

It is interesting that Pillman seems to be the driving force behind it creatively because you watch their matches and it's clear as day that AEW views Griff as the guy from that team and Pillman as, uh, not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't want to make this a big thing, when I watch Varsity Blondes matches, Griff gets all the big spots and Pillman gets the poo poo beaten out of him and eats the pin. I'm just trusting my eyes, here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's one for you.

If someone is going to turn on Jungle Boy, should it be:
[ ] Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt
[ ] Christian Cage

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ARMBAR A COP posted:

JB/Omega got 6 stars

Daily's Place is really becoming the American Korakuen Hall, some are saying.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1409709153543626769

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sticklefifer posted:

I almost feel like his feud with Mox was a misstep because it totally seems out of character for someone like Eddie to care more about a title belt than his FAMLEE.

That feud literally was about his family. Eddie's mother was a significant part of the undercurrent of that feud and his motivations. And Eddie has said, outright, the title is the one thing in the world that matters most to him, it's the most important thing in the world, he would sell out his friends and do ANYTHING to get it.

He took the belt, his literal family and his wrestling family and tied them all together into an arc that started at All Out and ended at Revolution, it all totally made sense for his character.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm probably gonna write an effortpost now about Kingston's arc in AEW because it's so loving great and that promo between him and Mox before Full Gear is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a wrestling show, ever.

Anyway, this sums things up:
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1409311573684989952

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Tony is anti-helicopter.

It was a good run everybody, back to watching Raw.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
649 and a .21 ain't bad, kinda begs the question why they weren't on Saturdays at 8 this entire time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And, uh, on that note, maybe start looking into Rampage on Saturday, Turner!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

… because during that time NBA playoff games were airing in that timeslot?

Who'd the NBA ever beat?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somehow I think AEW will survive without Fuego.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1409956058508926978
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1409962339084824579

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1409731435427250176

I'm glad that the replies to this are exactly what you'd expect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MJF is winning.
Christian was annoyed because he thought the other channel was TSN and Eddie was talking bad about the Leafs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's really surprising to me the legs Eddie's speech has. He was saying "the wrestling we do is better than the wrestling they do." That's what you're supposed to say! Like, Taz calling them sloppy over Covid, I could see getting mad about, but this?

The reality is, Taz calling WWE a sloppy shop completely loving shattered a lot of Vincel brains and they've been stewing over it ever since he said it.

I seriously can't overstate to you how much Taz saying that and being 100% right to say it completely pissed them off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I looked up the Saturday ratings to see where AEW landed and they were 9th for the night behind a bunch of sports stuff.

Also, My Hero Academia pulled a .15 and 325,000 viewers! And apparently there's a sequel to Inuyasha that did a .16!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would argue that Miro extremely did not pull off the Mickey Mouse shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

That's OK, Miro will forgive you for this slight.

Cool, I'll look forward to not main eventing Dynamite with him.