Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Okkult posted:

I hope Bunny is okay. Kris Stat picked something off the mat after their match and I thought maybe someone lost a tooth.

She just retweeted a bunch of gifs of the match so she’s at least feeling good enough to be screwing around on Twitter.

Also:
https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1408956742617251844

Snakeman getting some work on Spanish comms, good for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

I hope Luther was sitting next to him, screaming at him at what to say

https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1408971848621117442
He’s helping!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Casshooole/status/1408970706239565826?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Selachian posted:

Does Konnan have Parkinson's too? It looked like his hands were shaking quite a bit during his face-off with Tully.

Not that I know of, but COVID almost fuckin killed him back in February so there's a chance he's still not 100%

of course, that's not gonna stop him from taking a piledriver

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Seams posted:

I was worried the AEW thread wouldn’t get to its usual levels of insanity this week because it’s only three days until the next show but you guys pulled through.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I keep typing THATB but nothing is changing.

On a different note

Mr. Squishy posted:

I kinda worry for Kenny, I think he may need some R&R pretty badly to avoid an early retirement. Like there's lots of narratives that would be fun but he seems to be tearing himself apart out there.

Kenny's been busted up like forever, and it's probably not going to change anything. This is the same guy who did a whole G1 with a broken heel. He's in that Tanahashi vein of not wanting to rest until his body completely falls apart, and maybe not even then. He's not like normal people.

Still, he's 37. I bet he'll slow down and get some rest in like, five years or so

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

coconono posted:

I like the progression of Miro in AEW. Shows up as this goofy dude and you're hahaha lookit the big funny. Then he straight up stone face hurts a dude. Then he enslaves another dude. Now you're like I don't think this dude is ok. After he fucks up Kip, you're definitely oh no this dude is hosed up. Now he's running around proclaiming himself God's Chosen and its a totally normal thing for him.

The one thing I hope is that he doesn't go too stuck on the religious angle. Not that I personally mind it or have any religious ties, but I liked what he was doing when he was just weirdly broken and maniacal. I feel like going 100% Jesus zealot loses some of the nuance he was doing before. But its a fun thing to let him play around with creatively and he's been killing it with the promos, so I'm happy to see what he does with it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MJeff posted:

Who else has done a poison rana on Kenny to escape the OWA? I know it's a fairly common counter spot.

Did Tanahashi do it?

Just from a quick google of "poison rana one winged angel," Swann did, PAC did, Fenix did, Sydal did, and you were right that Tanahashi did

I'm sure there were others. I would have sworn that Naito did at some point, but search results indicate that I may be thinking of Naito doing that to Okada in some match instead

A Fancy Hat posted:

My favorite small detail is that people are *slowly* discovering the cracks in Kenny Omega's armor and starting to chip away at them, but he's still that drat good. The One Winged Angel has been countered and slipped out of, but it still guarantees a victory if he hits it.

It's still going to be a huge deal when someone finally beats him, he's not just a one trick heel that relies on interference to steal wins away. It's also going to be insane if/when someone kicks out of the One Winged Angel.

If someone does kick out of the OWA, it better be like, a coronation of that guy going forward. Hangman may be the only one that makes sense for it, and I'm not even sure if he does. As far as I know, Kota is still the only kick out ever on that move (not counting Okada getting his foot on the ropes as a true kick out)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

My Lovely Horse posted:

It really shows in Sammy's one vlog, I've mentioned it before but him and Jericho are cracking jokes while Hager is standing there like he's facing a firing squad.

Hager got pretty much the only laugh he's ever gotten out of me, he said something like "I'm shaking, I'm out of breath, I feel a little sick...that's just from climbing the stairs"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How far you think he can throw Marko?

https://twitter.com/realmarkostunt/status/1409891151373647874?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQLyjuaOJs
Road to Sammy v MJF

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

blast0rama posted:

That promo rules.

(something something why is this not on tv)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Crapple! posted:

Honestly Christian didn't look like he was the biggest fan of the promo either.

I think his face is just stuck in that general expression

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cerebral Bore posted:

Counterpoint: WWE is extremely bad and they deserve to be mocked.

also this was an after the show "send the crowd home happy" speech by Kingston, it's not like some planned out part of televised AEW programming

like, are you really gonna try and tell Eddie Kingston what to say in that situation

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

:chloe:

this child is zero years old and has already had enough of this poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fawning deference posted:

Did they really name their kid Liberty?

Someone earlier in the thread suggested that this was so Cody, the big Metal Gear geek, can have grandkids who are Sons of Liberty, which is the greatest possible explanation

It's pretty dumb, but she'll probably just go by Libby and everyone will assume she's an Elizabeth, so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

New Butcher shirt makes me wonder if he’s coming back from injury soon, also curious if this is the same artist who did the Uno/Brodie Papers shirt:

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1408537947587108865?s=20