Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nick Jackson’s whole deal now is magnificent, I can’t believe they kept the bucks babyfaces as long as they did. The crow call at the end of their promo was so delightfully weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

So many “lol WWE lives rent free in AEW’s head” like the #2 in any industry isn’t constantly gunning for #1.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JR seemed saltier than usually about anticipated criticism of his errors last night.

Also shameful the director only caught the tail end of this and didn’t give us a replay:

https://twitter.com/flwrestlingfan/status/1408942541035257869?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1409240365589098498?s=21

Glad to see PB Smooth get booked. Riho vs. KiLynn should probably be good.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Aye Doc posted:

Jericho should threaten to blacklist more lovely wwe wrestlers so that this thread can get more funny posts

I keep typing THATB but nothing is changing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

I think he's going to challenge Miro instead (and lose.) They keep having him duck questions when asked about Kenny.

And then he gets his life together and challenges Kenny at All Out or in NYC.

Miro is going to challenge him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

This is the correct assessment of Eddie Kingson’s promo last night:
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1409311573684989952?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe you were thinking of Jake Atlas, who is out, a handsome wrestler, and friends with Perry?

There was that tweet JB put out after Atlas got signed which everyone wildly misinterpreted to mean that they were a couple and everyone laughed about it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fightful dropping some heavy scoops:

quote:

We spoke to Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman while in Jacksonville about the Varsity Blonds team. Pillman put over AEW's creative process, and noted that there were a couple of people in AEW who didn't like the idea of Julia Hart with Varsity Blonds, but didn't go out of there way to try to stomp it out when he pitched it. Instead, he said that the company was willing to see how it went, and was a success. He also said that he had pitched the team name and presentation of the Varsity Blonds, and while some didn't think it fit, they went with it as opposed to shooting it down.

Griff Garrison just changed from 2-in-1 shampoo to Kirkland brand, and Brian Pillman uses about $100 worth of product in his hair. This was a spirited discussion, and it's worth noting Jungle Boy also uses Kirkland brand.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I don’t not want a Miro/Eddie Kingston feud.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

Another important thing from Elevation: Julia! has new gear and it incorporates a huge fuckoff bright-pink bow

A lot of strong matches, but stands outs to me were Wheeler Yuta v. Karl Anderson, KiLynn King v. Riho, The Blade v. Chuck Taylor[/url[, [url=https://youtu.be/0ffw8lyafYM?t=3897]The Dark Order v. the HFO, and Penta and Eddie v. TH2. But all of the matches were either very good, or very short.

It’s very funny to me that they used Lindsay Snow of all people as a seat filler for Elevation and the first 5 minutes of Dynamite. Is that Ashley D’Amboise in that screen shot too doing the same job?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

A lot of the seats facing the hard-cam had wrestlers warming them. Presumably the ticket-holder didn't feel like showing up two hours early to watch a recording of (a very good) Elevation. Lindsay's been a regular in the wrestle-crowd for both Darks and Dynamites the past few months, but it's a less noticeable position.

Yeah, I knew that they’ve continued to bring in Snow since her injury, just thought it was funny that they would use someone with such a distinctive look to camouflage the fact a ticket holder hadn’t shown up yet.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

Looked it up and it was two weeks ago (it was the episode on the 11th). So maybe she's just not been on the current round of tapings.

She was favoring her arm up in that match in a way that could’ve also been selling, but didn’t seem that way, so maybe an injury. Or they’re planning on using her Wednesday so they gave her Saturday off.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

I'm fine with either outcome to MJF/Sammy, but Sammy needs it more if they're positioning him for a mega-face run. MJF can take individual losses and still be the perennial heel, but Pinnacle as a whole needs big wins to establish itself as a threat since they're still relatively new.

It’s real weird to me that it seems like they’re setting up the Inner Circle to run the table on the individual matches. Like, I get why they didn’t want to have Hager lose a worked MMA match for Bellator’s sake, but don’t book that style match then.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Look at this two year old graphic Jake Hager photoshopped to announce his next MMA fight and/or meet and greet:

https://twitter.com/realjakehager/status/1410251253599383553?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE called AEW a "pissant company" at the Hall of Fame ceremony and specifically scheduled NXT to try and kill AEW before it get started.

Eddie saying that the AEW locker room is more passionate (which I think shows in the finished product) is absolutely nothing compared to that and it's hilarious how many people are getting fired up. Bubba Ray must be hoping for a WWE producer role or something, considering the entirety of the mid to late 1990s was companies taking shots at each other.

If anything, Eddie’s promo is bulletin board material for the WWE locker room to want to go out and prove him wrong.

There’s 100% no issue with cutting a promo on your competitor as the number 2 in an industry. Getting mad at Eddie would be like getting mad at Wendy’s or Burger King for putting out an ad saying their food is better than McDonald’s.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am honestly having a real hard time thinking up any recent examples of AEW directly bringing up WWE on TV in a way that makes me think they’re doing it in any sort of alienating way. Even off TV, I don’t think it’s nearly as often as some people make it out to be, but I am way behind on the Vlogs, so I might be missing that context.

I am not going to even begin to be bothered by WWE coming up over the course of an interview or feature in the press, wrestling or otherwise, of course WWE is going to come up.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

New Butcher shirt makes me wonder if he’s coming back from injury soon, also curious if this is the same artist who did the Uno/Brodie Papers shirt:

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1410311563035152390?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Seams posted:

For some reason I thought that Jamie had died years ago. Weird.

You’re probably thinking of Grant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ThePariah posted:

The Dutchman is still doing his 90 days, but his wife isn't.

Would be wild if he was one of the guys who got them to waive his 90 days knowing exactly where he was going to go, but maybe that’s why he was going on about how much Vince loved him.