Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

the andrade/vickie segment was v. weird.

It wasn’t good but I enjoy the idea that in kayfabe Vickie was like “Alright I’ve seen this poo poo before, all we gotta do is have your music hit and walk out there and we can do whatever the hell we want.” Then she missed her opening to do it before Dante’s walkout and Sydal went “gently caress this, hit my music too, I’m going out” and Vickie just had to slink away in shame knowing she messed up the big announcement

Bonus points if we get a cool Andrade-Sydal match out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Chris James 2 posted:

Jericho on his podcast basically threatening to get Shotzi and Shayna blackballed from AEW (if they get released from WWE) over them making fun of his Blood & Guts bump

I can’t believe aging aspiring rockstar Chris Jericho is a sensitive little baby

Enjoying the idea of him still being mad in 6 months after a hypothetical Shotzi release and going to Tony like “Gonna have to flex my veto power on this one, on account of the gif on Twitter”

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The thing is, it looked funny

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Shotzi’s entire career is built on her genuinely hurling her body into things so she probably has the most justification of anyone to Lol at the bad looking fall spot

Shayna has already been dealt karmic retribution in the form of a doll she has to be scared of

Both ladies are good wrestlers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cavauro posted:

hmmm. not sure. someone do the work and tell me what shotzi and shayna baszler said about the spot so i can comment on who is wrong

Shotzi posted a gif of someone falling onto a bed. Not sure what Shayna did sorry

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Doudrop I do not take kindly to people who minimize the risk I take when I put my body on the line, and I think you’ll find no quarter in the AEW locker room after your cutting remarks

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dacap posted:

At Hell in a Cell this year Drew landed on a crash pad that was out of frame and the camera caught a guy pushing pieces of broken table out from under the ring after so I don’t think anyone from WWE should be criticizing when those kinds of spot don’t go great from a production standpoint.

Shotzi posted this after that spot

https://twitter.com/ShotziWWE/status/1407060380027850753

It's ok to laugh at funny things on the TV

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The popular and entertaining wrestler was always bad and has a doomed career because she posted a mean gif about mega dumbass Chris Jericho

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rarity posted:

Is PB Smooth named after peanut butter?

Good setup for a late career beefing up and a name change to PB Chunky

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Shotzi has responded in the correct way

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I just wanted to laugh at Jericho for being a baby who's keeping mental receipts over gif usage but instead I got sucked into arguing with people saying "Chris Jericho is right, there's no humor to be found in the very funny looking spot that people made a gigantic deal of at the time"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Going back on the road with Hangman/Kenny as your main event angle feels like a no-brainer to me. I dunno why you'd put it off any longer; Hangman actively ducking Kenny would be a hard storyline to pull off with a guy crowds are dying to get behind

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

They can afford to put it off a little longer. There's still plenty of feuds left for Kenny.

Oh yeah I think there's juice left in Omega's reign if they wanna hold off on a title change. I just think that if you don't want to put the belt on Hangman now, it'd still be the most natural (and compelling!) story to have him challenge and lose at All Out

The alternatives are

1) He loses again to fall out of the No. 1 spot, which is fine but just extends a holding pattern Hangman has been in for months
2) He actively avoids challenging Kenny, which is not a good look for your top young babyface. (Plus, if you have him go for the TNT title instead, you're still dealing with the dilemma of 'Do we take the belt off a red-hot top guy, or do we have Hangman lose?', without any of the backstory benefits of doing the same thing with the AEW title)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

Injury angle, maybe? Give someone some good heat, have someone from the Dark Order joining Kingston's Alliance to try (and fail) to avenge Hangman.

Yeah I guess there are plenty of ways to avoid it and it'll be fine in the long run; I just think the timing is right to go for it. Hangman/Kenny is a very PANDEMIC ERA IS OVER, WE'RE BACK BABY story to run with, especially if it's with an Elite v. Everybody civil war thing happening in the background.

If you do Christian/Omega at Fyter Fest you have nearly two months to build to All Out, really dig into the Hangman/Omega/Elite backstory. It feels like they haven't done a title match with that level of high-stakes build since before the pandemic, when Moxley or Cody taking on the Inner Circle felt like a gigantic deal every week

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rarity posted:

This is already what's happening though and I don't think they're going to lose the crowd on this because it's not just them refusing to pull the trigger. There are very clear human reasons behind Hangman ducking Kenny which we all understand and empathise with. Hangman's not going to go after Kenny without some big emotional catalyst (probably the Elite destroying Dark Order making him too pissed off to care) cause if he just suddenly decided he was ok to fight Kenny then it wouldn't feel earned. His journey to the top is just as much about beating his own demons as it is beating Kenny.

I meant “avoids challenging Kenny” in the sense of actively passing on a match when he’s in line for a title shot, which would be required if he rises to No. 1 and doesn’t lose before the PPV.

Obviously there’s a solid amount of track left to lay before you get to “Hangman confidently steps into the ring against Kenny,” but there’s plenty of room to do the anxious self-doubt stuff without rising to the level of opting out of an opportunity at the top belt in the company

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Probably some benefit in conditioning an audience to watch wrestling at 10 p.m. on Fridays

It does seem like Saturday at 8 could be a better slot for Rampage, but occasional NFL games and PPVs could be a wrench in that plan. Feels silly to plan your weekly programming around 4-6 weeks a year but whaddaya gonna do

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

the explanation for why the night club scene in stadium stampede 2 was a gay bar is hilarious. Why did only the men stay?

The lady extras saw FTR and Tully’s look and thought “oh I see the vibe they’re going for, we’re obviously here by mistake”

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It’s real weird to me that it seems like they’re setting up the Inner Circle to run the table on the individual matches.

It’s because it’s gonna end with Jericho losing, acknowledging he’s the weak link of the Inner Circle and leaving it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would be very happy if the American wrestling universe didn't orbit around WWE to an unreasonable degree, but Eddie Kingston's whole deal seems to be that he is maniacally devoted to the Art of Professional Wrestling, which is why he's able to tap into a degree of emotion and realness that literally nobody else can.

If I see him cutting a promo about how lovely the major wrestling company in America is and how glad he is that he can succeed without working in those conditions, my thoughts basically begin and end with "It makes perfect sense that's how Eddie Kingston feels."

Also my suggestion is that WWE can avoid these sorts of moments by not being a horrific company that makes bad TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rantmo posted:

Honest question as a non-WWE watcher: could a TV production person from there make AEW's any worse? These last episodes have been particularly lovely in terms of direction and editing.

From what I've seen WWE shows run smoother than AEW shows on a broadcast level in terms of like, transitioning between segments, having the right audio feeds, graphics work etc. The camerawork, on the other hand, is impossible to imagine existing on television