Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo what a night. I thought Hobbs and Page was great and both looked like complete winners. The whole show just felt enjoyable to watch. Jungle Boy is a god drat star.

I sure do love wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eddie loves wrestling as much as I do. And that's real cool to see. gently caress WWE for trying to kill that in me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Super over people as seen tonight:

Adam Page
Jungle Boy
Sammy
Konnan

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still high over last nights episode

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

This is already what's happening though and I don't think they're going to lose the crowd on this because it's not just them refusing to pull the trigger. There are very clear human reasons behind Hangman ducking Kenny which we all understand and empathise with. Hangman's not going to go after Kenny without some big emotional catalyst (probably the Elite destroying Dark Order making him too pissed off to care) cause if he just suddenly decided he was ok to fight Kenny then it wouldn't feel earned. His journey to the top is just as much about beating his own demons as it is beating Kenny.

This is the only storyline I can think of like this and it's so fascinating. It's like I'm not really in doubt if Hangman can beat Kenny. I know he can. The question is can he defeat himself.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How the gently caress do you take a poisonrana without getting hurt?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

It looks like it's a backwards handspring with your opponent's legs hiding the fact your head misses the ground

This is what I love about wrestling. The best moves are the ones that look deadly but actually miss by a million miles. What's funny is the ones that really hurt usually look like poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Testekill posted:

The feud was absolutely him being mad at Mox for abandoning him with the title being incidental.

God damned that was a great build. Every week was one amazing promo after another.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Finally got around to listening to the Inner Circle TiJ on Stadium Stampede 2, fun show with lots of tidbits. Some known, some I hadn't heard.

-They were originally told they had gotten the rights for DMX but last minute found out the family had not signed off on it.
-Upon hearing they had the rights to DMX Jericho told Santana he got it for him as a present only to find out later they didn't have it.
-Megha was offered Kurtis Blow's "The Breaks" which they turned down.
-Jericho tried to get Running with the Devil for him and MJF but they were quoted $500K for a one time use.
-They originally wanted to repel out of a helicopter but Tony is anti-helicopter.
-Sammy wanted to bump out of the helicopter, off the shelves and apparently off the stairs last year too. All were obviously nixed.
-Sammy was told he could not do anything with the scissor lift.
-The chair room is an actual room where all of the chairs are stored.
-The stunt coordinator was someone Hager knew and is married to Taryn Terrell.
-Urban Meyer was Tony's idea.
-They were all terrified climbing the scoreboard, Hager is afraid of heights.
-They originally wanted to zipline into the stadium but it would cost $50,000 more.

They still obviously love being a unit.

Also:

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1409856174149844995

I love this because this means that at any moment Jericho is burying Disco.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

Praise be to Number, may it go up eternally.

And also with you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1409968002284482561?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was thinking about Cody and his comments in regard to going after the world title one day. He said he basically wouldn't be able to take the criticism that he was putting himself over (with the implication he wasn't as tough as his dad who did). I'm wondering if he's less interested in world titles or being the top star and more interested in his little personal stories and having the top federation?

Time will tell I guess.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

As one born and raised in New Orleans - it's not even a loving question. Popeyes all the way. Those chicken strips are you kidding me? And their fries holy poo poo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

as a person who despises the UK , three lions is a loving banger and Tony needs to license it for Ogogo

Just listened to it. Holy poo poo that would be an amazing song in front of a crowd.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Never trust any podcaster. Their money depends on them having takes. And the spicier the more clicks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Vincepilled losers are especially upset that he said no one in WWE has heart and I’ve seen them saying he crossed a line by saying that. I can’t blame them for not realizing what a promo sounds like

Lol buncha loving whiners. Oh you're sad someone said you don't have passion? Then why don't you show it? Oh what's that you'd rather snipe on twitter?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

blunt posted:

If we're gonna give Ogogo a crowd friendly sing-along football song it should be the superior Vindaloo

That video is so loving British

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW's whole existence is a response to the idea that WWE and everything it represents is not the end all be all of American Wrestling. It's a direct argument against the idea that WCW was terrible with no good ideas and WWF is legendary that has always been perfect. AEW isn't even close to the levels TNA got to where it felt like it was trying to be noticed (like Russo and Bubba are now) just by talking poo poo about their competitor.

It's hard for me to honestly take most criticisms against AEW seriously because before this show I was pretty much done with wrestling and it has made me love it again to a level I haven't felt since I was a teenager.

Not to say yall can't discuss the pros and cons yall do you. I'm just sayin that's where I'm at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

if I wanted to watch sad old men past their prime physical years come back for a nostalgia-fueled ride through the old days and throw their bodies through the ringer for monetary gain I’d just watch professional wrestling

But Bard, you DO watch professional wrestling!