Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hope Andrade's announcement was going to be that he'll debut at the Austin show on the 14th. I assume his debut will be a great fuckin match with Matt Sydal at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh also, I am hyped as gently caress for a coffin match :hellyeah:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think I might have seen Texas indie guy Zac Taylor in the wrestler section of the crowd last night which would be exciting as he was one of the trainers when I was training. Super nice guy and a delight to be around so I'm hoping it was him and he gets some Dark matches.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

kitten emergency posted:

I find the shotzi bashing itt amusing because I distinctly remember how disappointed people were when she signed with nxt rather than aew

I like Shotzi, but she is sloppy. Jericho's tweet is funny and lame at the same time, and I 100% understand why he'd be offended by people mocking the bump even without the injury. I'm sure she also tweeted before she knew he had been injured.

Turns out, everyone involved is kind of right!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

Shotzi has responded in the correct way

Shotzi was always good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Also I saw someone mention this look on Hangman's face after his match last night and it's loving perfect.

https://imgur.com/a/gdBOJfl

I love how reluctant and nervous he is about facing Kenny and possibly failing at winning the big one again. Hangman fuckin rules.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was 100% sure JB Jack Perry had a husband. I have no idea why I though this.

He's married to the jungle

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jonny Nox posted:

I still think the vertical brainbuster JB pulled out was the WOW moment for me

Such a amazing match.

Same, I always love a good brainbuster and that one sort of came out of nowhere and loving ruled real hard

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

One of the biggest revelations of the year, for me, was that Pillman spends way more money and time on his hair than Griff. Griff's hair is just a natural wonder, that son of a bitch.

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's fair, that's definitely what they're doing right now. I've just been assuming it will go "Griff treats Pillman like poo poo, Pillman develops his character there, beats up Griff, they split, Pillman is a hot babyface now." Admittedly this is mostly based off of Griff's barking at Pillman.

Griff always had the makings of a varsity athlete. Pillman? Not so much. He's just a hairdo.

Gonna be a real mindfuck when Griff dyes his hair another color if they split up to really solidify things.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pamela Springstein posted:

Pillman is the more experienced worker, yeah

I dunno. I don't read too much into it. I'll judge when it happens.

According to the internet, Griff debuted in 2016 and Pillman in 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Some fun things happening on Dark.

Zachariah is Zac Taylor, a Texas indie guy who trained me! Thought I had spotted him in the crowd on Dynamite.

Also, the debut of Holidead which seems long overdue with her ties to Rosa. Plus, Hyan who I remember being super good.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409881844049354752
https://twitter.com/LuisQWorks/status/1409881000948252672
https://twitter.com/_thehyan/status/1409880286586867727

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

So is Leyla Hirsch out of rotation for these shows? Feels like a while since I saw her.

Wasn't she on Dynamite like a week and a half ago? When was her match with Nyla?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jericho is also on commentary for the entirety of Dynamite this week.

If Marko retains the BTE Title against Cezar this week, the next challenger should be determined by whoever can throw Marko the farthest down that Jags practice field they shoot on from time to time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Crapple! posted:

Honestly Christian didn't look like he was the biggest fan of the promo either.

I noticed that, too. There were some moments in the promo when everyone in the ring was clapping for something Eddie said and it didn't seem like he was joining in.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I smell a Waiting Room (I type from a doctor's office):

https://twitter.com/SonnyKissXO/status/1410038566059642881?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's Wednesday and it finally matters that it's Wednesday :woop:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nothing you can say—

Pinwiz11 posted:

Wednesday.

Oh

:getin:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

I still think to a point AEW talks about WWE a lot more than they should and it does feel tiresome at times. Obviously, there was a share of jabs going back and forth for awhile early on but now at times it does feel like AEW is harping on it a bit too much.

As someone who casually watches both products theres two main things I find distracting in AEW: the refs being too involved in the matches and/or getting themselves over, and what feels like they need to talk about the other guys a bit too often. They have an awesome in ring product, match quality absolutely trumps WWE 90% of the time, but it was lame when WCW was doing it back in the day and still feels lame now.

I feel like they've done a pretty decent job at keeping the anti-WWE rhetoric off of TV. I think Miro is the only guy who came directly from WWE who mentioned being misused or whatever in his debut promo, which is always going to give me TNA vibes since that was their go-to.

The Eddie thing was off of TV, at least.

I love when companies reference other companies on TV. It makes wrestling feel like a bigger thing. When I was a kid and I heard people mentioning WCW and WWF by name on ECW, it blew my mind that they would talk about other companies.

I think the amount they reference WWE in a "gently caress WWE" way is about as much as I want on TV right now, but I do like when they acknowledge where someone came from or the accolades they attained in other places.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

Brodie did it pretty heavily for the first part of his run before his character evolved a bit more. He started off as a Vince parody, did a promo calling out being held back and did the Sister Abigail setup in his first match.

Thankfully the character grew into it’s own thing fairly quickly because it would have been kinda lovely if his last run before his death was all bitter ex-WWE ranting.

Ah that's right, I hadn't thought of Brodie since it was a lot more characterization and not so much a big TNA-esque promo about "the other guys" or whatever. I agree, though – the Vince nods were funny and cute but definitely a bit too on the nose for me to be done for too long. I'm glad was able to grow the character out of being just a parody of a madman.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

as much as i love the jackass lads i don't know if i want to watch them abuse themselves at their age, they should just have a nice conversation and look back at their career together with some weed, booze, and maybe a shenanigan or two, perhaps a bit of light rough housing

I saw some interview with Johnny Knoxville a couple weeks ago and I guess there are some new people being introduced in this movie, so there may not be quite so much terrifying stuff happening to the older crew. But, that's probably wishful thinking and they'll still be doing wild poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We were talking about seaweed at work earlier and now I think I might order poke for dinner tonight. What else is everyone else eating for the exciting return to Wednesday night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

From Taz's retweet it sounds like there are two Team Taz announcements (the initial thing AEW tweeted about, then his follow-up) so if I had to guess, it'd be Cage is out and there's a new big hunk to take his place and challenge for the FTW belt. Or maybe no new guy and Hobbs will challenge. The dissension between Cage & Starks is at an all-time high, so something's gotta give.