Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Precambrian posted:

Lycanthropy might see you cast out of human society but the mail will never forsake you.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor twilight nor animal transformation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The lack of music in the trip down the mountain is one of the most vaguely distracting things I've ever watched because nothing could shake the feeling I should be hearing something.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

SHOVE

More fanart from Sonicfiend in our Discord:
"It's Midna. Midna and the Ham-Ham-Ham-Harry!"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ninty also posted the soup recipe when they released the HD version.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/705830236815015937

A shame they left the fish out. would have gone great with salmon (or similar oily fish) and dropping the cinnamon and sugar for rosemary.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ninty also posted the soup recipe when they released the HD version.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/705830236815015937

A shame they left the fish out. would have gone great with salmon (or similar oily fish) and dropping the cinnamon and sugar for rosemary.

Yeah I kinda want to try Salmon, Pumpkin, and Cheese soup... Sounds very warming, at any rate. (And yes the Reekfish is definitely a salmon)

I also really like this dungeon as a place that people are living in and lived in before. And Yeto and Yeta are cool.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A small nice change of pace in that dungeon. Yeah there's still monsters and you're there for the world saving Whatever but really what you're doing is just helping an old couple make some soup.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A much better soup sidequest than the Skyward Sword version.

Still doesn't hold a candle to Wind Waker's.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

A much better soup sidequest than the Skyward Sword version.

Still doesn't hold a candle to Wind Waker's.

I had gotten this and Wind Waker's confused and thought when they were going to the boss "wait isn't there one last ingredient to make it where it'll heal all hearts?"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I'm sick of this kid

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
fear of slime = blennophobia

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, we're two updates in a row with something just absolutely sucker punching Thorn and having her basically doubled over laughing. Can we go for three?

stryth posted:

fear of slime = blennophobia

Nickelodeon Gakophobia

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Real missed opportunity to not have the bombfish explode once you pull it out.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

IIRC if you hit the blocks on the sliding ice puzzles with the Ball & Chain, they move as if you pushed them. I don't think there's any real benefit to doing it that way, but it was more fun, IMO.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Time for a really cool dungeon with that one little fiddly bit they should have just deleted.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Snails are Hermaphroditic.
And on further searching snail reproduction is strange and in some species involves stabbing the mate with a big dart filled with hormones.

Anyways
it might be the same snail :thunk:

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, we're two updates in a row with something just absolutely sucker punching Thorn and having her basically doubled over laughing. Can we go for three?

Having just watched the video, you definitely got your wish.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Snails are Hermaphroditic.
And on further searching snail reproduction is strange and in some species involves stabbing the mate with a big dart filled with hormones.

Anyways
it might be the same snail :thunk:

Yeah this

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
"Barney Rubble is having a stronk, call the Fredulance" was a delightful bit. Surely his son with the massive hammer would be Bam-bam though, right?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Ilia lost her memory some time after getting shot with an arrow, so of course I need to get it back by exacting disproportionate revenge. Also cats.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The skeletal beasts are called Stalhounds:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
never mind, wrote something stupid here. i may have to play TP again

Zopotantor fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 18, 2021

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

There you have it, the Oocca are humanity's past.

I loved that Western section, sniping the Bokoblins(?) with the bow and the Hawkeye while the spaghetti Western music plays makes it probably my favorite setpiece in TP. The herding cats afterwards, not so much.

Telma never did get paid though.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Commander Keene posted:

There you have it, the Oocca are humanity's past.

I loved that Western section, sniping the Bokoblins(?) with the bow and the Hawkeye while the spaghetti Western music plays makes it probably my favorite setpiece in TP. The herding cats afterwards, not so much.

The green ones are Bulblins

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Oh yeah, I guess that King Bulblin has to be king of something.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

How the hell do you rack up a bar bill of...

175 MILLION rupees???

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

One drink at a time. It's not like Hyrule has a branch of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So you have to go to the castle town to get the mail (or would that have shown up anywhere at a certain point and thus destroys at least half of this joke?) to tell you to go to Kakariko where you are told to go to castle town to get something to bring back to Kakariko so you can go to the hidden village. You then go to the hidden village to get something to bring back to Kakariko where you are told to go to the hidden village to get something to continue to the game.

Seems simple enough! :v:

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Kibayasu posted:

So you have to go to the castle town to get the mail (or would that have shown up anywhere at a certain point and thus destroys at least half of this joke?) to tell you to go to Kakariko where you are told to go to castle town to get something to bring back to Kakariko so you can go to the hidden village. You then go to the hidden village to get something to bring back to Kakariko where you are told to go to the hidden village to get something to continue to the game.

Seems simple enough! :v:

Zelda fetch quests in a nutshell, they spent money making these levels, and by god you ARE going to look at them.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I got my eye on you, Shad.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The cannon clown talking like a weird salesman just makes it worse.

Edit: Also that snowboarding is just so much better with music.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 25, 2021

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kibayasu posted:

The cannon clown talking like a weird salesman just makes it worse.

Edit: Also that snowboarding is just so much better with music.

I still resent that we got Agitha in Hyrule Warriors when we could have the Clown Bros instead.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Today's part has been moved back to tomorrow, since we'll be having a New Year's Eve Jackbox stream. It'll have Drawful and Quiplash prompts submitted by our Discord members. Feel free to join us at 2PM Pacific, 5PM Eastern:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sw8nWgAUbc

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Catch a dragon by the tail
If he hollers, he's looking at an Oocca

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I just realized that the sky city is incredibly Toriyama-ish
The rounded-ness of the architecture and the weird tech look of it all just reminds me of dragonball

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
if you follow the timelines, then TP happens thousands of years later. while people did come down from Skyloft, not everyone left, after so long god only knows what happened to the people up there. Oocoos might be descendants of Skyloft, and this flying city might be what the built their city up into.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
The way that the Boss was flying around, plus how you beat it over the phases, reminded me a lot of Shadow of the Colossus, but in a good way.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

stryth posted:

if you follow the timelines, then TP happens thousands of years later. while people did come down from Skyloft, not everyone left, after so long god only knows what happened to the people up there. Oocoos might be descendants of Skyloft, and this flying city might be what the built their city up into.

This only works if you are implying the people of Skyloft mated with the Loftwings.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Judge Tesla posted:

This only works if you are implying the people of Skyloft mated with the Loftwings.

Zelda world evolution turned fish people into humans that grew wings when exposed to dragon scales, because the world flooded. Going from humans to creepy chicken people, because they stayed in the sky, doesn't seem that farfetched to me.

The less said about the living rocks that eat rocks, the better.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm one of the people who thinks the double clawshot is only just okay instead of really cool, but I do admit that they did a good job implementing them. It's at least a more interesting and neat idea than the loving Longshot in OoT, which is "the exact same item you had, only longer." It doesn't change anything about how you move around or view the world or solve puzzles. It's one of the big reasons I don't think OoT is as good as other people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm so, so, so glad to hear I wasn't the only one that spent hours fumbling about after missing that one goddamn switch.