Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

If I had any skill at all I'd make a gif of Barnes spider crawling toward the camera and then into him moving away from the camera.

I'm honestly having trouble figuring out how old these kids are supposed to be (unless it was said and I missed it). I do like how a change in perspective makes you look at even the layout of your Standard Zelda House differently though.

Malo is 30. The others are 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

If the future of the series was HD nipples, what the hell happened in BotW?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It is possible to get the 2nd bomb bag before entering Lakebed, and having both a bag of regular and water bombs at this time. Means you don't have to sell back your original bombs.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

So I know nothing about swimming but it was mentioned in the commentary, is there actually a reason why Link swims like that on top of the water? I honestly can't think of any other video game character that ever swam like that.

I assumed that was the best way for him to keep steady and not sink while having a heavy sword and shield on his back.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

The game world is effectively open now that we can switch between wolf and human at will, allowing us to warp wherever we want. As such, time for the first of three parts of just getting a whole crapload of stuff!

About the game saying you aren't sure about the snail's sex - that makes sense in real life. Many snails are hermaphroditic species, meaning each individual has both male and female organs. So it's often literally impossible to tell their sex.

The Golux posted:

I forget, how long is it actually until you can get the other bomb bags?

You can get the second bomb bag directly after unfreezing Zora's Domain, so before entering the water temple. When I replay this game I often enter the water temple with both a bag of regular bombs and a bag of water bombs, and I was quite surprised to see ThornBrain not doing that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Explopyro posted:

As far as I remember, the STAR game operator's name is Purlo and he has no connection to Tingle, aside from his outfit obviously taking a similar inspiration.

A game dev said he was inspired by the idea of "what if Tingle but with a realistic look". But that's all.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There's a sort of make-your-own-dungeon minigame in Link's Awakening HD but from what I've seen it's kinda bad.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Meaty Ore posted:

One thing I do appreciate about this game is that it pretty consistently gives you something to do with all the money you pick up over the course of the game. Bombs, arrows and oil get used often enough to make buying them worthwhile, there's several thousand rupees' worth of donations to make at various points, and once you've got the armor, it runs on money, so having to skip chests with rupees in them generally isn't an issue.

Yes. On my initial playthrough I was so glad when I got the magic armor. Whenever I was in a dungeon with a full wallet I would put the magic armor on for a couple seconds just so I could empty the money chests and not have to leave the dungeon with unopened chest icons on the map.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It is apparently the Ballad of Gales from Wind Waker. The warp song.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Telma never did get paid though.

How the hell do you rack up a bar bill of...

175 MILLION rupees???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

They really should have made that bit at the tower at least seem more threatening. They had multiple dark nuts show up in the challenge dungeon, if you hadn't been there before seeing 4 or 5 of those things stomp out along with the archers would have been something. And even if you had seen that final room before you'd at least be thinking "Ah gently caress not this again."

The cave is supposed to be an optional challenge. It's similar to how the boss in paper mario's pit of 100 trials is harder than the story's final boss. You can't expect anyone who makes it to the castle to have completed t he optional cave.