Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Frenchie is the best HOH in history.

He noms one of his closest allies (Kyland) and Alyssa because she is in a showmance with Christian who was "coming after" Frenchie and Christian can't be nom'd because he has safety.

In reality Alyssa was not coming after Frenchie. Also, Christian was not coming after Frenchie. Also there is no showmance.

Frenchie then spends all goddamn day creating an alliance including Kyland, Alyssa, and maybe Christian. Then Frenchie realizes they are screwed if someone wins the veto and doesn't use it because then someone from the alliance will be going home.

So in the span of approx 50 hours Frenchie single-handedly became HOH, created an alliance, put 2 alliance members on the block, and has no guarantee of controlling veto or even a real backdoor plan if they do get veto.

SalTheBard posted:

I liked Frenchie but man he badly misplayed this HOH.

EDIT: How did Brent not end up on the Block?!

Brent and Frenchie hugged it out after Brent was nice to Frenchie after other HGs made fun of Frenchie's small arms which Frenchie is sensitive about. Brent is now also in the alliance.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I haven't watched any of the feeds yet but this sounds glorious.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
It has genuinely been the best feeds in a very long time. It's a complete poo poo show in the best way.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
One thing I’m hopeful for, which Taran brought up on his daily recap, was that the first week is good for establishing alliances and setting structure, but that because Frenchie has been such a huge manic poo poo show, no one really knows wtf is going on, and the rest of the season will thus be more free reign. Apparently that’s been the case in other similar season first weeks. Hopefully that will play out. The one semi solid aspect appears to be the Cook Out alliance, due to the chill trust and bond among the black house guests. Apparently the one potential wrinkle has been Derek F who plays a bit sloppy.

Brent had a final two with Frenchie as of last night. Apparently Frenchie did a 180 after Brent talked about his father’s suicide. Who knows how long their final two will stick.

Frenchie has somehow been even worse than Devon. There are no rational connections in his head. He will twist and shape anything to suit what he thinks is going on and the others have had to stop and stand their ground several times to get him on track or clear things up. The problem is, that they also don’t really know everything that’s going on, so they think some actual version of those things is happening, even though that’s been far from the case

Teek fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 11, 2021

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Does Brent seem like he’s the only one that doesn’t belong in this season to anyone else.

I also laugh about the random job lies this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know who any of these people are but Derek X won POV and I believe he was the backdoor target so sounds like more "best feeds ever".

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know who any of these people are but Derek X won POV and I believe he was the backdoor target so sounds like more "best feeds ever".

Hail Satan

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Frenchie is a feeds watcher who knows he’s hosed up but just keeps digging

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Whitney is a Sandy Hook truther…the proud tradition of vetting keeps going

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

As far as Frenchie goes I did notice "#BLM" written on the back window of his truck during his intro package, so it's possible he just has genuine feelings about the show's history and wants to be a part of changing it.

In other news, Claire really reminds me of someone that I can't place, and I expect it to drive me crazy as long as she's in the house.

She looks like Heidi Gardner from SNL

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sportsgenius86 posted:

She looks like Heidi Gardner from SNL

Claire looks like Busy Phillips to me.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Is it necessary to have a broadcast only thread or are the BB winds so small now that there is no need?

I don't care either way since I have Para+ but I'm not going to spend much time with feeds because of life, job, etc unless some monumental poo poo goes down and even then I'll likely miss it and watch it after the fact.

I'm just curious on where we should post/poo poo on the broadcasts which I'll follow more than the feeds.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Asked earlier in the thread. I’ll probably rename this to be a combo thread. Feel free to talk episodes here too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can’t watch the feeds until Britni is gone. She is absolutely the most annoying person who has ever been on this show.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can’t watch the feeds until Britni is gone. She is absolutely the most annoying person who has ever been on this show.

Tell that to Derek X. who got whisper interrogated all night by Frenchie.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Claire looks like Sarah Chalke, Xavier looks like Louis Riddick, Kyland looks sorta like Miguel from Tekken

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I’m sad there is no Stac Goat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still haven't given up hope but I still haven't watched the premiere. I assume elimination tomorrow? Maybe I'll try and catch up by then. Second HOH is often when the cast really has a chance to decide which way they're gonna go. Path of least resistance or a fight.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ace Jameson posted:

Claire looks like Sarah Chalke, Xavier looks like Louis Riddick, Kyland looks sorta like Miguel from Tekken

I think Sarah Chalke is who I was thinking of, though on further reflection it's also very likely a non-famous person from my actual life.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah I’m just not feeling this season at all

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
The way they're editing the show is VERY different from how it's going on feeds. They're feeding into frenchies delusion that he's making moves instead of showing that it's manic scrambling and breaking promises. I definitely don't love how they're editing that at all, but all of the contestants know that frenchie is playing an insane game and can't be trusted. Week 2 will definitely define the season imo. We need a Tiffani or Xavier or maybe Derek X HoH win so we can shake poo poo up from the madness frenchie created.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

SweetJahasus posted:

The way they're editing the show is VERY different from how it's going on feeds. They're feeding into frenchies delusion that he's making moves instead of showing that it's manic scrambling and breaking promises. I definitely don't love how they're editing that at all, but all of the contestants know that frenchie is playing an insane game and can't be trusted. Week 2 will definitely define the season imo. We need a Tiffani or Xavier or maybe Derek X HoH win so we can shake poo poo up from the madness frenchie created.

I think the insanity comes across pretty well but for the last moment of the episode where he’s like I got my target

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Still an empty studio.

Thanks COVID :(

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Frenchie is a loving idiot and will hopefully be out next week

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Frenchie is trying to be like Dan and have 10 thousand alliances.

Only problem is Dan was able to pivot, Frenchie is a frenchin' disaster and he's gonna be frenched next week.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Anyone buying this vote might flip segment?

Compelling sure but I'm not sold on it coming through.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Robnoxious posted:

Anyone buying this vote might flip segment?

Compelling sure but I'm not sold on it coming through.

They do that bullshit all the time to attempt to make the vote less obvious. It never works.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
The whole supercut of Frenchie promising people they're good was definitely a red flag. I am not watching the feeds but that was clearly messy.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Welp, no buyback with Travis at least.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Good job BB.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

LOL technical difficulties.

Never change AG.

Actually, please change... get AG the gently caress outta there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Kyland is covered from a lot of angles, wonder what he will do.

Britni? Frenchie would be an obvious back door?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Teek posted:

Kyland is covered from a lot of angles, wonder what he will do.
Frenchie up for sure.

Quid pro quo.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, if Travis clearly blew up Frenchie, probably just as easy to put him straight up.

Liked the upcoming Wild Card twist, not that the teams have meant much yet though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Still no feeds, hopefully they’ll be back in a few minutes with the west coast airing finishing.

Edit: Feeds now back.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 16, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Wild Card comp over, sounds like Sarah won and declined the trade. She was already safe anyway (one of the only one secretly told by Kyland since they are close), and probably played up staying with her team.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Frenchie and Britni nommed. Not too surprising. Tiffany was really pushing for Whitney and Brent to also go up.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Frenchie told everyone about the slaughterhouse in attempt to blow up everyone's game. "They hosed me so I'm gonna gently caress them" and is in full insane meltdown mode as of Friday might before he was called to DR.

Everyone else was enjoying cake for Alyssa's bd.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Sure sounds like that smart Superfan military farmer he described himself to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I'm honestly thrilled with this turn of events.