Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Honestly, the fact that this is the first cast in years where everyone has jobs does for sure make for a better cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I was pondering whether it may be possible to implement some kind of game dynamic that actively discourages mega-alliances and unanimous house votes. Maybe something where more special powers are introduced whenever the vote is is more than 75% aligned. It would probably break the game though, I haven’t given this a ton of thought.

As others have said though, this cast is leagues ahead of maybe any other cast in history, just by virtue of casting better human beings. I’d like if they could bring in even more diversity. More older people, more balanced numbers of Asian races, etc. Also, it would be cool if they could come up with new challenges that don’t just reward people who are super fit, or memorize every detail of the game (maybe something that uses unbiased judges like art or cooking or something)

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
A way that would discourage mega alliances is just not telling vote totals. It forces people to vote in blocs for fear of being outed as a dissenting vote. If your vote is truly anonymous then players will feel empowered to try more risky stuff.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

SweetJahasus posted:

A way that would discourage mega alliances is just not telling vote totals. It forces people to vote in blocs for fear of being outed as a dissenting vote. If your vote is truly anonymous then players will feel empowered to try more risky stuff.

I like this suggestion.

Another idea that might be fun would be to redo the teams twist, but reshuffle the teams every week.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Bucswabe posted:

I like this suggestion.

Another idea that might be fun would be to redo the teams twist, but reshuffle the teams every week.

I was thinking 4 teams of 4, and then once reshuffle one 4 people leave and/or a team gets down to 2 before 4 people are gone.

So like
4-4-4-4
4-3-4-4
4-2-4-4 turns into 4-3-3-4
3-3-3-4
2-3-3-4 turns into 3-3-3-3 and triggers a teams flip
2-3-3-3
1-3-3-3
1-2-3-3 turns into 3-3-3 and triggers a team flip
3-2-3
3-2-2
3-2-1 turns into individual games

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
STAC is right on the money.

White was the default previous seasons so folks didn't notice - but all of the mega alliances in modern BB were explicitly all white alliances. They just didn't have to say it out loud.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Savahontas posted:

STAC is right on the money.

White was the default previous seasons so folks didn't notice - but all of the mega alliances in modern BB were explicitly all white alliances. They just didn't have to say it out loud.

nah

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
There's literally racist rant supercuts on YouTube from like every season except S17.

*My personal definition of modern BB begins S15.

Savahontas fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 26, 2021

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I like Derek X a lot and I think he played a good game, learned fast, and was undeniably a good competitor.

That said - choosing not to play roulette this week was stupid, even given the "irrational" play of the Cook Out. He had to have known that his relationship with SB was not strong. He put her on the block! This cast is obsessed with back dooring comp beasts. He had all the info he needed to see this week coming.

The thing I'm on the fence about is Hannah. If she can snake her way to F2 and isn't sitting next to Kyland then I think she can make a resume out of this week. The tricky thing is setting DX up makes that whole getting to final 2 thing way harder for her and way easier for Xaviar and Kyland.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

There's literally racist rant supercuts on YouTube from like every season except S17.

*My personal definition of modern BB begins S15.

I mean, the super cuts would probably exist prior to that if we had the technology and will. Like off the top of my head the sides in BB11 are solidified in no small part in week 1 by rallying around the dude who said a bunch of racial slurs really openly, BB9 was the previous cesspool season before "modern BB", and one of the great "heroes" of the last era of BB was Evel Dick who loved to harass women.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Hate to see DX go, but do find it hilarious how frustrated he is that he's being backdoored with no recourse, when this is identical to what he did to Christian, and what Christian said would happen to him.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yay for Tiffany, would love to see some cutthroat play from her here though, and not the safe Sarah Beth or Alyssa eviction.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

DX made what has to be one of the biggest blunders in BB history by not playing the roulette game, so it's not like he didn't deserve to go, but it is going to be a loss for the feds and the show.

Teek posted:

Yay for Tiffany, would love to see some cutthroat play from her here though, and not the safe Sarah Beth or Alyssa eviction.

SB probably isn't the correct play, but it's the emotional one and therefore better television.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Derek X was great casting and he gelled into the game as a newbie recruit far better than Robin Klass' disasters.

Whomever cast this season, I'm all aboard what they are doing and need to continue.

This has been the best castings in years.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Thinking about it, Tiffany is really limited in what she can go for thanks to the Coin game. SB is a consensus pick between DF and Hannah, so she can't surprise them with a stronger move.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can't she put the obvious choices up, which leads to either the coup de etat being neutralized OR having DF/Hannah expose themselves against the cookout, neither of which blow back on Tiff.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 28, 2021

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I feel like SB v Alyssa is helpful to her anyway because it's proxy Ky vs X. Hopefully taking out one of their pawns causes the other one to scramble and take the shot at F6.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Claire has won the coin toss. Nominations are now the same as they were before but hey! good for you, Claire!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hannah won veto. They really should take out Xavier or Kyland this week.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Unless they get out Kyland or Xavier one of them are winning this season

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sbaldrick posted:

Unless they get out Kyland or Xavier one of them are winning this season

The cookout dislikes Ky. He is the first one out when the time comes. Hannah has no reason to use it Veto so SB is going home this week unless something bizarre happens.

But yeah, Xavier is dangerous. His game to lose.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

1glitch0 posted:

The cookout dislikes Ky. He is the first one out when the time comes. Hannah has no reason to use it Veto so SB is going home this week unless something bizarre happens.

But yeah, Xavier is dangerous. His game to lose.

But four members of the cookout are useless

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sbaldrick posted:

But four members of the cookout are useless

Who do you have as the fourth? Tiffany?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

1glitch0 posted:

Who do you have as the fourth? Tiffany?

Yeah, I realize she’s playing a great mastermind game but the fact the other members seem to dislike her is a problem.

The Cookout is interesting because it had blown up yet like the girls alliances tend too die to personally clashes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pillowpants posted:

I think nobody suspects the cookout as being an alliance because a lot of the cookout doesn’t seem to like each other themselves
Yeah, some of them don't like each other and they'd almost definitely have broken up earlier, but they won't because it's bigger than the game. Also, I heard some people saying, well, now that we're almost down to the six, someone might want to take a shot at one of their competitors at like 7 or 8! No, they'll never do that, Hannah isn't playing that veto, because it's bigger than the game.

Like I said earlier, definitely racial inequality and oppression are way way bigger than the game, the only downside is if you bring something way bigger than the game into the game, it'll drown out the game itself. That's what happened. Respect to the Cookout for their goal being noble and for all the skill they've pulled this off with, of course. Nobody sees it happening, everyone's got their little friend on the side they're completely puppeteering, there's great gameplay in there. But people in ordinary situations, again, would probably be making plays to keep those side friends, who in many cases they actually like more than the other Cookout members. That's not happening here because the mission is, again, bigger than the game.

Bucswabe posted:

I was pondering whether it may be possible to implement some kind of game dynamic that actively discourages mega-alliances and unanimous house votes. Maybe something where more special powers are introduced whenever the vote is is more than 75% aligned. It would probably break the game though, I haven’t given this a ton of thought.
I think that's part of what the teams were designed to do. It did accomplish things like making Azah and Big D mega loyal to Britney, it just still didn't end up mattering enough.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I did like the team twist since that was coupled by kind and interesting people and not sociopaths.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Kyland is X and Tiffany's number one target within the 6 and the only person he beats in a final 2 is Derek F. It's hard to see how X doesn't win. If he hadn't gotten picked by the roulette he might have even managed the Derrick L special.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Agreed. A Kyland F6 HOH might be the only thing standing in his way.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well Tiffany is HOH again. Alyssa is the obvious target but I’m hoping for shenanigans. She could set herself up really well if she sent Xavier or Kyland home.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I think there's a very real chance it's X and Alyssa right? That's like "the rules" of the cook out nom structure. Watch Kyland try to take the opportunity and bury himself further.

I hope Alyssa wins Veto so Tiffany has to send Claire home.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Nominees are Alyssa and Xavier.

Alyssa for veto :twisted:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Alyssa won, really think Tiffany might/should take a shot at Xavier and not put up Claire. Would be dumb not to take that shot. She would be well better up for future comps. I think that only happens with some DR leaning though.

Teek fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 5, 2021

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tiffany took a big risk winning this week's HOH and now she has to pay the consequences. The thing is if she's the one to break the Cookout pact then she burns a lot of votes. We'll see if she can break the news to Claire well enough so that she doesn't burn that vote.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Oh I am very excited about this.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

it makes no rational sense for anyone’s game, but I wish someone would take out Derek F next. He’s literally the only cast member I dislike- such an emotional player, such a whiny baby, finishes last in every competition and then goes into the interview room to talk a big game about how so and so and such and such had better watch out for him.

Best of all was this week when cookout members are pissed at tiffany because “this was supposed to be azah or big D’s week.” How the hell do you throw an endurance comp to someone who can only last 20 seconds on the rope?

QUEER FRASIER fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 6, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

pospysyl posted:

Tiffany took a big risk winning this week's HOH and now she has to pay the consequences. The thing is if she's the one to break the Cookout pact then she burns a lot of votes. We'll see if she can break the news to Claire well enough so that she doesn't burn that vote.

Even if Claire accepts it, which she might simply because she's a nice person and not that Tiff deserves it, she probably burned the voted from Ky and X and probably Derek. She screwed herself for no actual benefit to anyone.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Tiffany absolutely deserves this because winning the hoh twice was super dumb and she should have known it would piss off the cookout. She's already disliked and now they're going to blame her causing this mess.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Except the "mess" is delusional people who have done nothing (DF, Xavier) ranting about how it's unfair, despite the end result being someone not in the 6 going home.

Tiffany is making the right move, just some of the cookout members are pretending it's still a team game, while selfishly wanting what they want. If you want something to happen your way, win. Tiff wanted that and Tiff won.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
can you believe Hannah Chaddha is going to be the youngest winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

She's played great, she just needs to turn up the heat and not throw any comps from here on out, as she could be an easy boot against the weaker Azah and Derek.