Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I think rumors were that today (6/30) would be cast release. I'm hopeful we can get something in the next day or two to really get the hype going for this season. I'm hopeful that they've learned something from last season's mess and put together a good cast. Not holding my breath though, but I'll still hatewatch obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I need Brittany to be targeted asap. I can't listen to any feeds with her in the room.

Also Sarah beth. They really found some shrill voices this year.

Overall the cast looks awesome so far, find myself liking over half of the cast which is rare.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
It has genuinely been the best feeds in a very long time. It's a complete poo poo show in the best way.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can’t watch the feeds until Britni is gone. She is absolutely the most annoying person who has ever been on this show.

Tell that to Derek X. who got whisper interrogated all night by Frenchie.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
The way they're editing the show is VERY different from how it's going on feeds. They're feeding into frenchies delusion that he's making moves instead of showing that it's manic scrambling and breaking promises. I definitely don't love how they're editing that at all, but all of the contestants know that frenchie is playing an insane game and can't be trusted. Week 2 will definitely define the season imo. We need a Tiffani or Xavier or maybe Derek X HoH win so we can shake poo poo up from the madness frenchie created.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Remember, be the good.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Savahontas posted:

I'm struggling to get into this season but I'm determined to try.

Who are you all rooting for? I want to do a couple contestant deep dives.

This is the best season (so far) we've had in YEARS so definitely dig in and watch some feeds it since feed recaps on YouTube because it's been really good so far and actual likeable people are coalescing and winning.

Tiffany, Kyland, Claire, Xavier are all great imo and have been my rooting squad from the start and are all playing very well. Derek X started off poorly but has picked up his game a lot under Tiffany's tutelage and it's doing well now.

STAC after the suffering you've endured covering the bad seasons do yourself a solid and look into the actual good one we are having.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 23, 2021

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

The existing casting leader "stepped aside" and is no longer with the show as of this season. The gentleman who helped cast the streaming season Big Brother Over the Top is now leading the casting crew. So far I think it's been a big success.

OTT, despite all of its flaws was a great season too.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I think this season is a cut above most not necessarily because of the diverse casting but because much of the cast are quite intelligent and not just a bunch of bimbos/jimbo's like normal. Even the "pretty people" like Alyssa, Christian, Xavier, etc are super smart and so they don't play like chudburgers.

Obviously a cookout scenario will never be allowed to coalesce again but hopefully that goes for all races. I, for one, hope they keep casting savvy people who can (like DX has done) learn how to navigate the game despite not being a superfan.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
A way that would discourage mega alliances is just not telling vote totals. It forces people to vote in blocs for fear of being outed as a dissenting vote. If your vote is truly anonymous then players will feel empowered to try more risky stuff.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Hate to see DX go, but do find it hilarious how frustrated he is that he's being backdoored with no recourse, when this is identical to what he did to Christian, and what Christian said would happen to him.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can't she put the obvious choices up, which leads to either the coup de etat being neutralized OR having DF/Hannah expose themselves against the cookout, neither of which blow back on Tiff.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 28, 2021

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Except the "mess" is delusional people who have done nothing (DF, Xavier) ranting about how it's unfair, despite the end result being someone not in the 6 going home.

Tiffany is making the right move, just some of the cookout members are pretending it's still a team game, while selfishly wanting what they want. If you want something to happen your way, win. Tiff wanted that and Tiff won.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Boywunda posted:

But from the standpoint of Jury Management, her winning is actually not a good move, cause she really didn't need it.

I disagree. If she'd gone with the flow she'd be giving some of those players who have done nothing a leg to stand on in the finale. If she can keep them winless and move-less, then she can always lean on the fact that they were drug along.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Big yikes there Kyland. Bad look.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Pillowpants posted:

I’m surprised X was able to contain himself, Christ

That's the difference between an adult and a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

pospysyl posted:

Derek F has been such a condescending, antagonistic poo poo to Azah over the last week that she's now decided to take Xavier to final two if she wins. It would be a terrible move for her, but it would be nice to see Derek F screw himself out of 75k because he can't just be polite for one second.