Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MassRafTer posted:

Bubba is completely broke, he's on Twitch and a tiny low power AM station. He's basically reduced to doing whatever youtube content he can think of to desperately make money including the saddest fast food reviews you can imagine.

CHEESE AND KETCHUP ONLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I went to see a local indie show in Finland again, this time it was an FCF Wrestling show here in my hometown. Never been to one of their shows before, but I'll definitely go again if they turn up. Very nice atmosphere and the crowd was very diverse, which was definitely not by accident. Their promotion's motto is "Pro Wrestling Belongs to Everyone", and the ring announcer leads the whole crowd in saying it before and after shows. They also state outright in their pre-show rules that there is an absolute zero tolerance on bigotry and abuse of any kind. You love to see it.

The venue was the so called "Theater Pit", which is the home venue of the University's theater arts program. It was a really cool small venue, and took in the biggest crowd ever for a FCF show outside Helsinki, still in the low hundreds. But the show sold out in minutes, so they're looking at a bigger venue for their return.

Show was fun. Most of the wrestlers were obviously very rough, but everyone was giving it their all. A few of the guys were surprisingly good, also. Everyone clearly loved the hot as poo poo crowd. It's always fun to see heels desperately trying to suppress grins as they get MASSIVE reactions for very basic stuff. Nothing but the biggest respect to everyone involved, you're not wrestling in front of 250 people in Finland to get rich.

The main event was Finnish wrestling legends Paini-Weikot vs The Brand. The Paini-Weikot are basically two "what if Stone Cold was a loveable buffoon instead" dudes and The Brand are two rich guys from the top heel group. The match was a hardcore texas tornado match, and once again, nothing but respect to four guys who took a loving beating in front of 250 people. Also, I have to say that chair shots sound a lot more brutal when you're sitting a couple of meters away.

Here's a Van Terminator from the match:

https://i.imgur.com/Axwk8Vy.mp4

and the finish

https://i.imgur.com/35VfNPd.mp4

As an aside, the Paini-Weikot had as their entrance theme Van Halen's Panama, except the chorus was their catchphrase, "Hiiohoi". It was really fun and after the first chorus the whole crowd picked up on it and sang along, which is pretty remarkable in Finland. Another fun point was that there was a guy who was basically doing Ryo Mizunami's Aniki gimmick, except he was a huge man -- but the same "fun loving big brother" gimmick complete with an entrance attire that was also basically a copy of Aniki's. Gotta love the indies!

Anyway, support your local indies, live pro wrestling is awesome even if it's the muddiest of indie mud shows.

looks like a fun good time :)

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Show was fun. Most of the wrestlers were obviously very rough, but everyone was giving it their all. A few of the guys were surprisingly good, also. Everyone clearly loved the hot as poo poo crowd. It's always fun to see heels desperately trying to suppress grins as they get MASSIVE reactions for very basic stuff. Nothing but the biggest respect to everyone involved, you're not wrestling in front of 250 people in Finland to get rich.

This is by far the best part of indie wrestling and it's almost better when the wrestlers aren't that good.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

As an aside, the Paini-Weikot had as their entrance theme Van Halen's Panama, except the chorus was their catchphrase, "Hiiohoi". It was really fun and after the first chorus the whole crowd picked up on it and sang along, which is pretty remarkable in Finland. Another fun point was that there was a guy who was basically doing Ryo Mizunami's Aniki gimmick, except he was a huge man -- but the same "fun loving big brother" gimmick complete with an entrance attire that was also basically a copy of Aniki's. Gotta love the indies!

Yah, Alfa is my favorite and Paini-Weikot are good at getting over with the crowd.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DaikaijuPro/status/1769514199997112391?s=19

lets fuckin gooooooo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

AUDIBLY GASPED

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm jealous

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I hung out with Daddy Magic all day at an indy show today

:feelsgood:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Numero6 posted:

Never betray the Hulkster, brother!

Remember when he got ktfo by Awesome Kong for being racist and only she got canned

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Remember when he got ktfo by Awesome Kong for being racist and only she got canned

Yeah that sucked. :(

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kennel posted:

Yah, Alfa is my favorite and Paini-Weikot are good at getting over with the crowd.

Yeah, Alfa seemed like a real nice dude. A lot of the wrestlers from earlier on in the show were hanging out in the lobby afterwards and I talked with some of them and gave them nice comments about their matches. Seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders and really enjoyed wrestling.

I also discovered after the fact that Shemeikka is a friend of a friend, and unsurprisingly has been a massive wrestling nerd since his youth.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 18, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1769877495656935566

I'd be very excited to see Micro-Man live.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/ziggyhaim/status/1771542093049065936
Really glad Ziggy is taking care of herself, one of the nicest people and happy she is doing things on her own terms.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

we'll see how long it lasts this time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it looked like a fun show, thought about going

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Slex should share some of his roids

https://twitter.com/EPWPerth/status/1771688543477174645

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Detroit show was lit. My belligerent friends and I caused a ruckus and had a lot of fun. The death match they filmed after for some documentary was absolutely insane. There was scarfolding, glass and fire. They handed out safety glasses to everyone ringside before the match.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

I love Slex and think he should take more of them personally

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://youtu.be/u7vmw6WWZdE?si=ld6X5zhDW2T4wqQ7

Click here if you wanna see limb crimes.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

graph posted:

it looked like a fun show, thought about going

I always had a good time at AIW shows.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
looking forward to the prestige show tonight. card isn’t as good as the show next month, but it’ll still be fun.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Preview for The Collective:

https://pwponderings.com/2024/03/19/gcw-the-collective-2024-schedule-and-announcements/

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
well gently caress, I'm sure as hell not going to Wrestlemania but I might drive up to Philly just to see some of those shows

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Speaking of the weekend, I'm not making the non-WWE Mania weekend show thread this year, so if there's anyone who'd like to make a thread, go for it.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Yessssssssssssss!
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1772787150305558851

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Collective shows are usually only like 1.5-2 hours each, right? I have a really packed schedule because I'm traveling to a couple others outside of the Collective, but I'm hoping I don't have to miss partial shows for it.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

It's going to be a fun time when the most sane looking person in a tag match is Maki.

I also hope it makes people look up Ram to find out more about her and find the Kotatsu Studios interview where she reveals that the only reason why her face is painted like that is that her parents thought it would be funny to do that to a 9 year old and she's just rolled with for over a decade.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Has Danhausen ever bled/bladed before? Will be fun to see him take the pizza cutter but I wonder if he'll use some Danhausen magic to get out of having to bleed.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Pretty big news:

https://x.com/wrestleprestige/status/1773757029359989240?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kvlt! posted:

Has Danhausen ever bled/bladed before? Will be fun to see him take the pizza cutter but I wonder if he'll use some Danhausen magic to get out of having to bleed.

He’s bladed in the past before the face paint, but I don’t know the last time he’s had to get color. Maybe he’ll step up and get serious.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The presale for Rev Pro Anniversary show a day before All In is live.
https://www.revolutionprowrestling.com/12yearpresale

The only announced match is Luke Jacobs challenging for the championship.

Snagged a second row seat.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Very important news: we may eventually get the video of Early Morning Guy Steele's Early Morning Show

https://twitter.com/EarlySteel/status/1774783783851463105?t=JqDZdq_ec6TOJu6dM1H3DQ&s=19

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i had totally forgotten about EMGS

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Starting my week of watching wrestling with shugs house party. Jimmy havok showed up, I thought the dude basically retired after getting canned for allegations of being an awful person

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

troubling to say the least

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Are you watching through some kind of time vortex because those shows are usually in the summer

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Are you watching through some kind of time vortex because those shows are usually in the summer

Huh, weird. You're right, Triller just had shugs house part IV on replay as a live show and I didn't realize it. I started getting really confused.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Defenestrategy posted:

Starting my week of watching wrestling with shugs house party. Jimmy havok showed up, I thought the dude basically retired after getting canned for allegations of being an awful person

He showed up at Shug's Hoose Party 4 in 2017 to attack Mikey Whiplash, another BritWres diddler. ICW has been putting random shows from throughout their history up as "new" on TrillerTV for some reason.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Thank you QT Marshall for opening the forbidden door

https://x.com/ccwalivetv/status/1778838084525662514

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Finnish indie update (FCF 2024/04/13)

I missed four last minor shows since December (two in Helsinki and two in the hinterlands), but it was easy to get into the flow and they had an informative video package before the show. Another sold-out show, might have been the 8th in the row, or at least the 4th I participated. Good stuff, even if they are in 200-300 range.

(Always fun to chat with the middle-aged women in the queue before the show, because they're guaranteed to be relatives of the performers)

Like the last show I participated, this was unfortunately a heel heavy show, and clearly building up for the big spring show before the summer break. One of the crowd favorites, The San, lost because of a Eddie Guerrero chair spot disqualification, which is pretty overused in general and very lame when the heel does it. Another big grudge match between King Kong Karhula and Prinssi Make ended with a double CO, clearly setting up a rematch for the next show. Additionally in the main even, the most beloved tag team, Paini-Weikot lost and has to disband, but at least it seems that they're setting up Jake "Vitun" Luupää to win the Finnish Championship.

But yeah, while there was plenty of non-great booking stuff, most of the actual wrestling was fine and my favorite, Alfa, won the tag team championship with his mystery partner (returning Viktor Tykki), which was easily the highlight of the show. A British wrestler Livvii Grace was a rare foreign guest, she tagged with the ultimate underdog babyface Stella and was pretty good, even though they ate a loss.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 13, 2024