Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

All right!

How much do tickets usually go for btw?

Depends on the section, but I don't remember any specifics. I do remember you gotta get the tickets quick though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's raining and I'm lazy so I'm not gonna go to JCW today, but they're streaming it for free so that's cool. Starts in about 30min at 3pm EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7P_RDbcEI

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Penguin Patrol posted:

It's raining and I'm lazy so I'm not gonna go to JCW today, but they're streaming it for free so that's cool. Starts in about 30min at 3pm EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7P_RDbcEI

the card for this is low key great
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1410996078879510528/photo/1

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

y'all done hosed up and forgot about the important indies.

first up: ICW No Holds Barred!! Its where you can watch Dan Maff.

John Wayne Murdoch is what happened if Kenny Omega's ship crashed in texas instead of the sticks of Manitoba

https://twitter.com/ICWNHB/status/1411034164623818758

Also No Peace Underground, which is like watching a riot at the daddy bar

https://twitter.com/NoPeaceFL/status/1407712429396705280

And the purveyors of the greatest combat spectacles you're not watching, Paradigm Pro:

https://twitter.com/ParadigmProWres/status/1410633558780219395

And finally the grandaddy of east coast hardcore reincarnated, reimagined and redefined:
https://twitter.com/H2OWRESTLING/status/1409634451710087168

all these feds are available with your sub to IWTV.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I continue to be impressed by Cole Radrick every time I see him.

And damnit coconono I have too much wrestling to watch already :qq:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Paradigm Pro did a UWFi rules match between John Wayne Murdoch and Reed Bentley without either really understanding the rules. What followed was some of the greatest pro wrestling I've ever seen. It was on the Terminal Combat show which was full of fun matches. The gimmick was UWFi rules for the first few minutes then garbage/hardcore to finish. Its fast paced, violent and engrossing. I hope one day to see Minoru Suzuki come through.

I can understand people not liking ICW, sometimes the commentary and the content is a bit dicey. They've gotten better under the IWTV banner, however. That and John Wayne Murdoch will pull a knife on a motherfucker that comes disrespectfully. The weed convention weekend they just finish up has a great run of Sadika matches I'm currently enamored with.

I'd also be remiss to not mention IWA-MS. Its gone from being a running embarrassment to fun southern Indiana party destination. Ian Rotten didn't change overnight, and he's still, well, Ian but he's got a lot of people helping him out. Again, I think IWTV acting as the baseline purveyor of decency, along with JWM's crew being regulars has been a force keeping the lockerrooms clean.

The same can be said about Tremont's H20. The place he runs out of looks like black mold shaped into a wresting arena, but by several accounts, its a safe fun environment. Tremont and Jeff Cannonball's respective familes are the backstage enforcers there Sometimes Tim Donst comes through and its also the place to see what shitbaggery RSP is up to. This is a far cry from the days of Zandigs and DJ Hyde's assholery.

So basically, don't bother giving XPW any energy. Rob Black is a relic of an era where dudes thought Guns'n'Roses made good life choices.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

man I really wish I wasnt paranoid about breathing in light tube mercury vapor. feel like such a waste living not even an hour from ac and not being able to go to all those shows gcw has there

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Ringo Roadagain posted:

man I really wish I wasnt paranoid about breathing in light tube mercury vapor. feel like such a waste living not even an hour from ac and not being able to go to all those shows gcw has there

i'm two and a half hours out and i too feel bad about not making it to the gcw shows. Things might change for Homecoming depending on my financial situation because i'm also still upset about having tix for ToS6 but being unable to make it due to family crisis. Also looks like a pretty solid weekend of shows (:toot: Ruckus and 2 Cold Scorpio).

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

coconono posted:

And finally the grandaddy of east coast hardcore reincarnated, reimagined and redefined:
https://twitter.com/H2OWRESTLING/status/1409634451710087168

all these feds are available with your sub to IWTV.

H2O is my local indie and they always put on a really fun show.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ringo Roadagain posted:

man I really wish I wasnt paranoid about breathing in light tube mercury vapor

good news: it has never been more socially acceptable to wear a filter mask

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

im personally very excited to spend the second half of the summer glued to a seat at h2o. idk if im gonna be back in south jersey in time for homecoming weekend though :(

its the big independence day for hardcore and deathmatch wrestling today

3pm eastern for gcw's backyard show on fite
5pm eastern for no peace's wacky thing on iwtv
8pm eastern for icwnhb in the chains on iwtv

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Azteca Underground is filming vignettes for summer release leading into its MLW-spinoff show, which starts taping in the fall. Matt Cross has already joined up. Hopefully they're able to pay people better than LU did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Azteca Underground is filming vignettes for summer release leading into its MLW-spinoff show, which starts taping in the fall. Matt Cross has already joined up. Hopefully they're able to pay people better than LU did.

MLW pays some guys like $150 a night so they they are already the spiritual successor to Lucha Underground.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

YEah, thats about what I expected.

Im shocked Rob black is out of jail.

https://twitter.com/elykxviii/status/1410677891369783300

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 5, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ICW hooked up with a dispensary and suddenly their shows are date nights. And date afternoons. Overall it was a great weekend of dumb bullshit. I didn't get to catch all of it, but I'm told they booked the NPU show especially for me. Get that vod up on IWTV, you cowards.

Pitfighter was a great show that oftentimes looked like a crime scene. Satu Jinn vs Max The Impaler delivered exactly as advertised. The rest of the card is absolute banger with Cogar vs NDC, JWM vs Cannonball(total :gonk: finish), Eric Ryan vs Dale Patricks(who is working on getting the deathmatch journeyman award). Other matches worth a watch.

Just getting to the chains show from the 4th and we need to talk about how Danny Demanto inducts people onto the roster. He comes out, tells the prospect that everyone loves him. These dudes are sheeting blood and its getting replaced with love. Idk if that's healthy or not but its held in public sight for discourse. Either way, the vibe is overwhelmingly positive, which you really don't see in wrestling?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1412214736184217614?s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

C'mooooon Speedball

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lumbermouth posted:

C'mooooon Speedball

somehow I don't think the guy under NXT contract is gonna show up in the promotion run by AEW's announcer.

Personally, I'm pulling for Herzog.

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 6, 2021

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

is nolan edward on super dragon's radar and will he show him how to do the curb stomp without visibly trying to remember how its done

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If Nolan doesn’t do a PWG spot there’s no point talking about PWG

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/gcwrestling_/status/1412592735295623168?s=21

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They really just wanna follow AEW around, huh? Can't say I blame them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Worse wakes to be in, plus AEW will probably let them use some of their talent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

its not a bad strat if AEW sticks to Sunday PPVs. You can turn a PPV weekend into a party destination which is what really drives wrestling live gates anymore.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
PWG Mystery Vortex and Starr puts out an apology notes tweet after being a big focus on the last few shows before covid. hmmmm

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

PWG Mystery Vortex and Starr puts out an apology notes tweet after being a big focus on the last few shows before covid. hmmmm

I don't even want to entertain the thought.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Is Super Dragon stupid enough?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

coconono posted:

its not a bad strat if AEW sticks to Sunday PPVs. You can turn a PPV weekend into a party destination which is what really drives wrestling live gates anymore.

Coincidence.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Coincidence.

ICW changed their entire audience draw from loner bloodthirsty weirdoes to a date night just by adding a dispensary next to the merch table.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I'll bet you $100 David Starr is not booked on PWG Mystery Vortex.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

PWG Mystery Vortex and Bill Cosby is out of prison lol. Makes you think a little bit, but I'm not saying anything just thought I'd put that out there.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

yea ok posted:

PWG Mystery Vortex and Bill Cosby is out of prison lol. Makes you think a little bit, but I'm not saying anything just thought I'd put that out there.

lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

yea ok posted:

Pfft who'd he ever beat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pfft who'd he ever beat

he was the shooter version of Andy Kaufman

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im going to my first wrestling show in like... 2 and a half years in september, im going to the AAW show in logan square auditorium. my first time seeing an aaw show and like, honestly im really looking forward to it, they were the first indie i really got into when i was really into indie wrestling a few years ago, partially bc theyre local, but also, idk, i just like aaw and im really excited to finally go to a show.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

I hope something bad happens to him in kayfabe it will make up for it all

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1412588539611656198

:rip: Dan

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I'll bet you $100 David Starr is not booked on PWG Mystery Vortex.

that ridiculous bet, its a mystery show

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought Starr and Dragon hated each other even before Speaking Out

He's clearly trying to weasel his way back into the British indie scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

I thought Starr and Dragon hated each other even before Speaking Out

He's clearly trying to weasel his way back into the British indie scene
What British indie scene? It's still dead because of the WWE and Starr burned that bridge a long time ago