Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

RealFoxy posted:

What British indie scene? It's still dead because of the WWE and Starr burned that bridge a long time ago

There are some parts of it slowly warming up (there's a Resurgence cinematic thing dropping later today and some companies have started advertising dates again) but outside of RevPro most of the people I've seen starting back up are the kind of people who wouldn't touch Starr with a bargepole. Most of the examples I've seen (Resurgence, Ambush, etc) have put safeguarding policies front and centre, and if you do that and then hire David Starr you lose every bit of goodwill you have left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well this could be interesting:

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1412774451968626694

I remember writing an article about why MLW should start a women's division like 2 years ago when it felt like they might be moving in that direction, so it's cool to finally see it happening and with clear focus from someone like Prazak.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh that's huge. All your fave women wrestlers got an envelope from Prazak.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The easiest way for David Starr to get back into BritWres is for him to come out as a pedophile

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as long as some promoter thinks they can make money on outrage of David Starr being at their show, they'll book David Starr. But since that's a stupid idea and most of the promoters(even the UK ones who are thick as mudpies) are smart enough not to.

Booking Drake Dweirtz is a little more palatable because he's currently not outed as a child molester. That may change the more he works. The dude's clearly gonna say or do something if we leave him in the public sights long enough.

And Marty Scurll is done. Unless he shows up at a show unannounced, that dude will never wrestle again. Even longtime friends can't have him backstage at shows without someone telling him to gtfo.

However, since the only barrier to wrestling promoting is a willingness to go into debt, expect to see all three of these morons headlining a shindie near you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'd not be stunned to see Marty turn up in Japan once the pandemic is over. Not for New Japan but he was over there & he's presumably fairly desperate at this point & so if he ended up wrestling for...Zero1 or All Japan I'd not be shocked. I'd hope CyberFight would have the sense to stay away from him at least, seeing their attempts at broadening their western audience.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

forkboy84 posted:

I'd not be stunned to see Marty turn up in Japan once the pandemic is over. Not for New Japan but he was over there & he's presumably fairly desperate at this point & so if he ended up wrestling for...Zero1 or All Japan I'd not be shocked. I'd hope CyberFight would have the sense to stay away from him at least, seeing their attempts at broadening their western audience.
Yeah, about that; Chris Brookes will absolutely not stand for that kind of poo poo and was very vocal during Speaking Out and I think he's very passionate about that because of his close relationship with both TJPW and ChocoPro

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I also doubt AEW would be especially pleased with that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I think Marty would probably end up wrestling in Mexico before Japan at this point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

I think Marty would probably end up wrestling in Mexico before Japan at this point.

and was never seen again, hopefully.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah, about that; Chris Brookes will absolutely not stand for that kind of poo poo and was very vocal during Speaking Out and I think he's very passionate about that because of his close relationship with both TJPW and ChocoPro

Don't know that I've heard a bad word about Chris Brookes, seems like a really good dude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

Don't know that I've heard a bad word about Chris Brookes, seems like a really good dude.

I'm still mad his limited run merch drops run out before I remember they dropped

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

I'm still mad his limited run merch drops run out before I remember they dropped
If you message him or any of the schadenfreude boys there's leftovers, you just have to pay extra.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

If you message him or any of the schadenfreude boys there's leftovers, you just have to pay extra.

I tried through the website but not having a twitter makes this poo poo hard.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

What British indie scene? It's still dead because of the WWE and Starr burned that bridge a long time ago

Irish promotion OTT has a thing set up where they'll email people that want tickets a trigger warning on "problematic" wrestlers they will book because they think they've been rehabilitated enough

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I met the ROH TV Champ Tony Deppen tonight and I feel really fat. He is a super nice guy from our brief conversation and I hope for the best in his matches.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oil! posted:

I met the ROH TV Champ Tony Deppen tonight and I feel really fat. He is a super nice guy from our brief conversation and I hope for the best in his matches.

I'm glad for Tony getting a push on TV, which is funny since my intro to him was him picking a fight with a legless plant and beating the poo poo out of him at Joey Janela's Spring Break.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

you looked great. Jade Cargill would look puffy next to Deppen. That dude's a freak.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

got two extra tickets to the ICW show in Indy tonight. Hmu if you want em face value or best offer.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Just finished watching the Resurgence "Theatre of Wrestling" video on Youtube. It's one of the most interesting things I've seen done with the form in a while. Very much wrestling within theatre rather than any sort of traditional wrestling show, it's an examination of the roots of wrestling in circus sideshows, strongman acts, and magic shows. The style takes a bit to get into but I found it very rewarding.

There's a short documentary on what they were trying to do with the project from a performance standpoint. Resurgence recommend watching it first (although I didn't). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er94F7QmGQk
The show is available here and is about half an hour long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHZfNdB2v7s&t=4s

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Nick Gage vs Sadika is apparently fans bring the weapons and Loko only told people in a Facebook post at 3 am this morning. Time to try and find a weapon in my car.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Drake's opponent for the show promoted by a guy that people kept calling "abusive" or "a loving pedo" has been announced!

https://twitter.com/realnickstanley/status/1413576424422785027

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oil! posted:

Nick Gage vs Sadika is apparently fans bring the weapons and Loko only told people in a Facebook post at 3 am this morning. Time to try and find a weapon in my car.

Your weapon IS your car

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Watching the Paradigm Middleweight tournament, is Donnie Janela related to Joey or what?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Watching the Paradigm Middleweight tournament, is Donnie Janela related to Joey or what?

Cousin, I think.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ICW's 2nd night in indy is on right now if you wanna see some dudes do some violent poo poo in a venue where horsecrimes usually happen

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Never too old to learn a new skill

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1414044653779836936?s=19

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

MassRafTer posted:

Drake's opponent for the show promoted by a guy that people kept calling "abusive" or "a loving pedo" has been announced!

https://twitter.com/realnickstanley/status/1413576424422785027

what verse of Philippians is on his singlet

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Effy is the greatest heel of all time.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Oil! posted:

Yeah Holy poo poo

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oil! posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeLewis216/status/1414337598659649549?s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I loving love wrestling.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Has anyone heard anything, good or bad, about Brew City Wrestling? They're my local indie, and a running on Sunday. I'm debating going.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I’ve seen some cards and they look safe.

If the tickets are affordable def go. Support you local indie until you find out they’re scumfucks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Every local indie here has turned out to be a scumfuck, but that consistently leads to them shutting down.

Effy will forever be the 51st State Champion, and I'm fine with that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How weird, Mike said he was completely innocent of all the allegations against him in a random video he recorded while driving!

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1415342678515015689

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And the next time someone tells you cancel culture ruins lives:

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1415347526908235780

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

And the next time someone tells you cancel culture ruins lives:

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1415347526908235780

I wouldn't go to this. But if you do, I'd wear a mask.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

coconono posted:

I wouldn't go to this. But if you do, I'd wear a mask.

It's Ohio, I'd wear a full biohazard suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

It's Ohio, I'd wear a full biohazard suit.

Rude!

anyway some local indie popped up and I'm just gonna post my twitter thread here because holy lord this weeb girl's shirt is loving incredible

https://twitter.com/djexile27/status/1416000615931650055

please click through and enjoy some of the gloriously local indie looks some of these other folks are rocking

also what does it cost to book Davey Richards these days

E: oh man they're doing a fantasy camp too and I think this is the dude that trained John Moxley

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 16, 2021