Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Choom Gangster posted:

speaking of deathmatches, who benefits more from icw shutting down, czw, xpw or circle six?

whoever wins, we all lose

RPW, the best indie DM company out there rn imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

yeah rpw is chill, that's why i didnt mention them

its also why they still get to run the berwyn eagles and icw does not

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

RPW is definitely the premier dm promotion with icw on hiatus but they still have the rot of xpw festering, that poo poo ruined a tremont match wm weekend

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1783943130854695361
15$ for Standing Only is good deal and yeah this is make or break for Enjoy

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1783943130854695361
15$ for Standing Only is good deal and yeah this is make or break for Enjoy

Stage AE was pretty good venue for ROH and NXT years ago; it still feels pretty intimate but it's a bit fancier for lack of a better term than Mr. Smalls. I will miss the unique vibes of Mr. Smalls, though, but I understand the need to expand a bit. The last few shows there have been jam-packed.

Fingers crossed this is a big show for them! I imagine they'll be advertising like crazy during Tacomania next weekend, too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Stage AE was pretty good venue for ROH and NXT years ago; it still feels pretty intimate but it's a bit fancier for lack of a better term than Mr. Smalls. I will miss the unique vibes of Mr. Smalls, though, but I understand the need to expand a bit. The last few shows there have been jam-packed.

Fingers crossed this is a big show for them! I imagine they'll be advertising like crazy during Tacomania next weekend, too.
Yeah they are still going to do Mr. Smalls, but I think this will be there mania show.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:woop:

It's going to be nuts and on fite too

https://vxtwitter.com/drainbamager/status/1785418275029164086?s=46

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Alex Windsor, too! Sounds like a great show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That’s a hell of a loving bunch of names.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

That’s a hell of a loving bunch of names.

https://x.com/xmxrr_/status/1785433010851979617

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:flashfap:

I just want it to be a LU reunion show, gimme Matanza, Killshot, Willie Mack, (ugh even Prince Puma). It's a loving shame Darby got his foot run over and hit by a bus cause he'd fit in perfectly with the LU aesthetic and probably given a zombie dead boy background story too.

HOLY poo poo SAMMY was on Lucha Underground??? Put him on the show to do dangerous flippy poo poo from that platform to the ring please. Son of Havoc, Drago, Rey Horus, Texano Jr., King Cuerno........

Takeshita is going to be so loving hype!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Do you want to live the dream?

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1786210316172337288

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jiro posted:

I just want it to be a LU reunion show, gimme Matanza, Killshot, Willie Mack, (ugh even Prince Puma). It's a loving shame Darby got his foot run over and hit by a bus cause he'd fit in perfectly with the LU aesthetic and probably given a zombie dead boy background story too.

HOLY poo poo SAMMY was on Lucha Underground??? Put him on the show to do dangerous flippy poo poo from that platform to the ring please. Son of Havoc, Drago, Rey Horus, Texano Jr., King Cuerno........

Takeshita is going to be so loving hype!

Sonny Kiss, too! And Luchasaurus. God, that show was good when it was good.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I went out to my parking deck today and there was a gatdamn wrestling ring set up on the bottom floor. Vary morales and Angelica risk were in the top two matches with nightmare factory belts on the line?!. I eventually got smartened up that it was a cinco(cuatro?) de mayo festival that moved there to get out of the rain. Anyway I wasn’t planning on eating carne asada tacos and watching a weird mix of 80% Memphis rasslin/20% lucha libre but I had a good Saturday

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That is cool as hell. Accidentally finding wrestling is the best.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cool Post Beg posted:

I went out to my parking deck today and there was a gatdamn wrestling ring set up on the bottom floor. Vary morales and Angelica risk were in the top two matches with nightmare factory belts on the line?!. I eventually got smartened up that it was a cinco(cuatro?) de mayo festival that moved there to get out of the rain. Anyway I wasn’t planning on eating carne asada tacos and watching a weird mix of 80% Memphis rasslin/20% lucha libre but I had a good Saturday

This sounds like an absolute dream come true

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cool Post Beg posted:

Hell yeah, this sounds awesome.

I went to a wrestling/heavy metal show at a local brewery today; all the wrestlers were local guys from Eastern Wrestling Alliance, including such luminaries as Oldman Youngboy, Beefcake (a cow from Hell), Hobo Harry, and Eel O'Neal. Needless to say, I hooted and hollered.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
For what might be the last ICW show it sure has been weird as hell. I don't know how I feel about it at all.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

For what might be the last ICW show it sure has been weird as hell. I don't know how I feel about it at all.

what makes u say that? i havent seen it yet

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It was in a venue that I can't recall them having done before in Chicago. There was a barricade in front of the crowd which was weird, I also think this venue was having some issues with death matches because during the second match one of the commentators had to go to talk to the venue owner and potentially grease them with some more money. There was no light tubes, no panes of glass, nothing excessively violent. In fact the first match (MM3 vs Jake Crist) is like a straight up wrestling match. The last ~3 matches saved the show, but boy was it weird.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I thought the show rocked except that Jake Crist match but yeah the planned venue pulled out at the last second so they ran the logan square auditorium, which requires barricades and doesn't allow glass

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

i was there last night, it was really loving weird. it was hot as gently caress and yeah the venue is no glass/limited blood, etc and after the first match someone squealed to the owner. justice was told he couldn't even jump off the modest balcony.

tbh, dillinger and doc had the best match, made the most of restrictions and dillinger was a last minute change.

i hope it was the last show under dannys leadership, he's just not any fuckin good at being a business man

i live in louisville and in the kentuckiana indie community we all know that if john wayne murdoch bails, things are dire

also it's worth noting that while danny insists the reason they couldn't run the berwyn eagles is because the owner says their insurance won't cover it any longer, what he's leaving out is that the insurance wouldn't cover the damage his company did, and that rpw still runs there

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 5, 2024

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
ICW has been my pandemic promotion

SalTheBard posted:

I don't know what the gently caress I'm watching right now on ICW NHB 20, but this match is loving insane. Satu Jinn vs. Hoodfoot

EDIT:

This match is loving incredible. Holy loving poo poo.

I've been watching since ICW 20. I have loved ICW and it's given me a huge appreciation for deathmatch wrestling. I've seen some incredible matches (Hoodfoot vs Sadika ICW NHB 31) and some really poo poo matches, but it's a promotion I watched religiously when they ran shows and I'm going to miss it a ton. I'm going to go back with a friend and watch the first 19 NHB's just so I can see I've seen everything :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Enjoy announced a couple fun matches for their big Immaculate show at Tacomania; Breeze and Dango vs The Runway and David Lawless vs Mr. Grimm in a steel cage match

Tacomania was fun too! Had to come in the clutch for the videographer since it started to rain at the end and gave my umbrella to protect the main camera. Also Edith Surreal did her match for the first block as champ and went straight out back to Philly since she has some shoot job she has to do.