Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

GCW hasnt had a deathmatch in a while lol theyre def moving away from that.

Still good shows tho.

yes and no, there are still no rules and weapons/blood in most matches. the roster has gotten more diverse, but that's just overflow from the one shots really. sgc is still destroying doors, and loving los mascizos are still tag champs, and headlined both nights this last weekend. bigger company also means new venues, many of which say no to glass. it's not jwm and the bulldozer bell to bell, but sawyer still used tacks, skewers and chairs on donnie primerib this weekend

Dacap posted:

Decided to buy a ticket to the Toronto GCW show in March on a whim. Never been to one of their shows so I’m a little curious what to expect.

they are blast, but don't be a dork and sit on your thumbs. get loud, get involved. also if you see tony deppen, tell him he sucks eggs, he fuckin hates that

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

if anyone wants to go to gcw in new york this friday, i had a family emergency come up and have two second row tickets i want to give to someone who can make it

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

itsnews posted:

Can’t take them myself but I hope everything winds up okay for you and your family.

thank ya, all is well.

who all is in la this weekend? i'm coming for the collective and mitvah mania of course, also that clockwork orange match at knucklehead looks sick

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

syzpid posted:

Out of everyone you could possibly fly into Finland for a match, why Allie lol?

because she's great you dummy. anyone going to revolver this weekend? i'll be there shooting at both events

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm thinking about it but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I don't think I can swing it :(

but its on sunday

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

I forgot to post that DPW Live was Live last night and it was real good, still the superindy.

it's funny that you say this, because i went to their doubleshot in north carolina a few weeks ago and it was exceptionally mid. the roster is pretty good, but barring the two recent nxt departures, you can see all of that talent elsewhere in front of a less perpetually online crowd (they chant memes ffs) and in probably better matchups. feels very much the same to me as wrestling revolver or any other tna-lite indie

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

All wrestling chants are memes

i dont disagree, but ill take the tropes of wrestling chants over chants literal memes from the internet every day of the week. also, don't bother getting good seats, they don't reserve them and it's just a free for all

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Grainbarn posted:

I miss legion hall pwg so much. :(

the legion hall was my original indie venue, i went to a decade of pwg, including the likely last show. i love that vibe, but that's not whats up at a dpw show, i promise. the gcw vibe is much more like a east coast pwg crowd to me, and in la, it;s all the same fuckin people anyway lol. the ringside barriers make that kind of vibe much less likely. pwg was rear end in a top hat to elbow and full contact, dpw shows are three rows spread out in the middle of a much larger room, completely different vibe.

i didnt dislike the shows, but they didn't give me any reason to come back. i will waste a lot of time and money on a fun wrestling trip and the dpw shows just didnt have it for me

i completely understand if you only watch online and never actually go to a show tho. i like live wrestling too much to do that, but i get not caring if it's just a stream. and ill give it to dpw, their shows look a lot better on stream

Gumball Gumption posted:

Can we get an example of a meme chant? I want to decide if it's more annoying than "both these guys"

i dont remember them all, but i recall "this poo poo fucks" being a constant, and it was awful. a lovely throwaway joke from a show that ended a decade ago ain't it. there were a bunch more, but tbh, i probably just look like a grumpy prick at this point. i go to, on average, one indie show a week, and have attended pretty much every company you can think of; i promise i love indie wrestling, just not dpw yet

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 11, 2024

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

we'll see how long it lasts this time

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

im here for it and would you believe it's the second time ive seen mecha mummy this year?

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

ten-out-of-ten, incredible work nerds

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

speaking of deathmatches, who benefits more from icw shutting down, czw, xpw or circle six?

whoever wins, we all lose

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

yeah rpw is chill, that's why i didnt mention them

its also why they still get to run the berwyn eagles and icw does not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

i was there last night, it was really loving weird. it was hot as gently caress and yeah the venue is no glass/limited blood, etc and after the first match someone squealed to the owner. justice was told he couldn't even jump off the modest balcony.

tbh, dillinger and doc had the best match, made the most of restrictions and dillinger was a last minute change.

i hope it was the last show under dannys leadership, he's just not any fuckin good at being a business man

i live in louisville and in the kentuckiana indie community we all know that if john wayne murdoch bails, things are dire

also it's worth noting that while danny insists the reason they couldn't run the berwyn eagles is because the owner says their insurance won't cover it any longer, what he's leaving out is that the insurance wouldn't cover the damage his company did, and that rpw still runs there

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 5, 2024