Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I went to see a local indie show in Finland again, this time it was an FCF Wrestling show here in my hometown. Never been to one of their shows before, but I'll definitely go again if they turn up. Very nice atmosphere and the crowd was very diverse, which was definitely not by accident. Their promotion's motto is "Pro Wrestling Belongs to Everyone", and the ring announcer leads the whole crowd in saying it before and after shows. They also state outright in their pre-show rules that there is an absolute zero tolerance on bigotry and abuse of any kind. You love to see it.

The venue was the so called "Theater Pit", which is the home venue of the University's theater arts program. It was a really cool small venue, and took in the biggest crowd ever for a FCF show outside Helsinki, still in the low hundreds. But the show sold out in minutes, so they're looking at a bigger venue for their return.

Show was fun. Most of the wrestlers were obviously very rough, but everyone was giving it their all. A few of the guys were surprisingly good, also. Everyone clearly loved the hot as poo poo crowd. It's always fun to see heels desperately trying to suppress grins as they get MASSIVE reactions for very basic stuff. Nothing but the biggest respect to everyone involved, you're not wrestling in front of 250 people in Finland to get rich.

The main event was Finnish wrestling legends Paini-Weikot vs The Brand. The Paini-Weikot are basically two "what if Stone Cold was a loveable buffoon instead" dudes and The Brand are two rich guys from the top heel group. The match was a hardcore texas tornado match, and once again, nothing but respect to four guys who took a loving beating in front of 250 people. Also, I have to say that chair shots sound a lot more brutal when you're sitting a couple of meters away.

Here's a Van Terminator from the match:

https://i.imgur.com/Axwk8Vy.mp4

and the finish

https://i.imgur.com/35VfNPd.mp4

As an aside, the Paini-Weikot had as their entrance theme Van Halen's Panama, except the chorus was their catchphrase, "Hiiohoi". It was really fun and after the first chorus the whole crowd picked up on it and sang along, which is pretty remarkable in Finland. Another fun point was that there was a guy who was basically doing Ryo Mizunami's Aniki gimmick, except he was a huge man -- but the same "fun loving big brother" gimmick complete with an entrance attire that was also basically a copy of Aniki's. Gotta love the indies!

Anyway, support your local indies, live pro wrestling is awesome even if it's the muddiest of indie mud shows.

looks like a fun good time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it looked like a fun show, thought about going

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

That’s a hell of a loving bunch of names.

https://x.com/xmxrr_/status/1785433010851979617