Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I hate woke culture, but not enough to swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

C'mooooon Speedball

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I loving love wrestling.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cart Mountain posted:

The GCW shows this weekend were my intro to Drew Parker.
Can anybody tell me anything more about him or suggest matches of his to track down because he really seems like he's going to be the future face of death matches

If you can get a hold of it without FCP profiting, the Death House match from Project Mayhem VII is incredible.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RealFoxy posted:

A different Shane Storm, this is a local guy.

But I guess I will go to this show

This guy appears to be an unironic Shane Storm.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lid posted:

There was some card this weekend where one of the... I guess it counts as a spot?... was one of the guys cut off part of the other persons finger with a box cutter. It clearly was planned which I don't know if that makes it better or worse. Pictures are around if you go looking but yeah some indies are doing the same dumb poo poo of those worst followers of ECW did to be "more" hardcore.

Edit it was IWA Deep South John Rare v Blaine Evans

Oh Deep South is a loving carny nightmare. I'm pretty sure it was Rare or Spidar Boodrow (RIP I guess?) who just got stabbed with a box cutter in a match. Also I think their promoter is a white supremacist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W38n60gBMlU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh hey they got Damo back!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hit em with the Music Industry Bomb, Jeff

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

oooooh he's the guy from Kudrow.

It is WILD that, out of all of them, this is the band that you know him from.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Like not in a bad way but it’s like knowing Jason Shevchuk as “the guy from LaGrecia.”

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fuckin WHAT

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/enjoywrestle/status/1466823510156795913?s=21
I love how they named the show after that weird Bruce Willis River Cop movie lol

It’s like one of six movie shot in Pittsburgh, we have strong feelings about it.

Also I guess I’m going back to Pittsburgh to see this.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

achillesforever6 posted:

Mr. Smalls is a nice venue too. Glad Enjoy is actually bringing shows to Pittsburgh since a lot of Pittsburgh Indies will say "We are coming to Pittsburgh!" and be at in loving White Oak or Elizabeth.

It was funny I was at the 7-11 in Bloomfield and nearly ran smackdab into MV Young, I didn't say anything because I never like being one of those rando fans in real life.

Oh I am super stoked. I saw just about every band I loved as a teen at Mr Smalls or Club Laga.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Benne posted:

-- The new project is basically just a rookie show for the trainees that worked as unpaid ring crew on Uncharted to get somewhat paid bookings Ticket prices are only $10 and the gate will be split evenly among the wrestlers/refs/announcers. Anyone who wants to work these shows can just sign up for them, so it's essentially an open tryout -- Drew compared it to comedy clubs running Open Mic Night.

That’s a neat idea!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is the kind of carny bullshit I love.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Makabe is amazing. His match with Nicole Matthews a bit ago was so good

Is he still coming out to Godspeed You Black Emperor? That was the first thing that caught my attention when I saw him wrestle in Southern Underground Pro.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1480676191703117830

I love that Deppen is the go-to guy for new GCW talent.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

What the gently caress is Psycho Clown doing in the pre-show battle royal?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah that was insane because the floor of Mr. Smalls is just wood and concrete. It was a fun show and I got to see a bunch of people I haven't seen before live in real matches like Ziggy Haiym (I saw her when she was Jinx at this very long 8 hour taping for a failed women's only promotion launch), Edith Surreal, MV Young (who I nearly ran face first by accident at the 7/11 near my place because it turns out he's also lives around Bloomfield), Violence is Forever, Darius Lockhart, and Lee Moriarty.

I'd say matches to be on the look out for will be: A Tribe Called Catch (Lockhart and Sugar Dunkerton) vs PB Smooth and Lee Moriarty, Violence is Forever vs Yokai, and EFFY vs Sonny Kiss.

Main Event was fun for an Indie Show Casket Match and 8 man opening tag.

I did learn it's much harder to write notes while watching live wrestling (working on starting a podcast with some comrades that will mostly be AEW review along with other wrestling shows we've watched and DSA stuff); was also sitting next to someone from the PWTorch and bumped into Thauros which is always a pleasure!

I was pleasantly surprised at how funny Darius Lockhart was.

I was on the floor for this and gently caress, Sonny lays his poo poo IN. Those forearms were thuddy as hell.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MassRafTer posted:

The CYN "leaks" are very fake with maybe two real details in there.

All I care about is the no booker part. Gimme that real-life eFed.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/TransGraps/status/1498045964011061255

Control Your Narrative is the funniest thing in wrestling

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It’s going to be very disappointing when Control Your Narrative turns out to be a domestic terrorism group and not a very funny wrestling promotion.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/WrestlePrestige/status/1501653147512492034

gently caress

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This looks like it’s gonna rule, absolutely go see the Mexican John Cena in what used to be the Rex.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

A Fancy Hat posted:

Excited for Enjoy Wrestling in Pittsburgh on July 2nd.

I bought tickets solely based on the announcement that Lee Moriarty was wrestling for the title, but the rest of the show looks pretty good. Willow Nightingale, Effy, Allie Katch, and a bunch of wrestlers I don't know yet but who look super interesting to me.

This is my first indy show in like 15 years, holy crap.

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice Mr. Smalls was as a wrestling venue. Still has the shittiest bathrooms in the world, but good for wrestling!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gumball Gumption posted:

Way to bury lethal who is also too good for this

Absolutely no one in this match is beneath it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

syzpid posted:

Are there any indies actually in Philly or the Philly burbs and not South Jersey? I finally have a car and weekends off and it feels like every show is an hour/hour and a half away now.

There are not. Chikara imploding and Voltage Lounge closing really hosed every venue that would do wrestling in the city. I’ve been going to the MLW tapings at 2300 and they’ve been great for $15 standing room shows.

Edit: wait the new deathmatchless CZW ran a show outside the art museum yesterday, my mistake

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 23, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Which is why Masashi Takeda is the best deathmatch wrestler.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

… yup, XPW sounds right for this.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MassRafTer posted:

Fascinated by Nicky Boy's upcoming opponent.

Oh hey it’s the We Live In A Society guy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God this is such a bummer, I love Big Wavy and he doesn't deserve to have his show used as a diversity card by PROGRESS management.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I think it’s to differentiate it from the ICW in Scotland

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's definitely a response to the popularity of the GCW Bloodsport shows

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Here’s to a quick recovery for Lio but for real BRYAN KEITH LETS FUCKIN GO

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ahahahaha they have a wrestler whose name is just HARDCORE

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

the escape goat posted:

sure is.

he got TRUCKED by Jacob Fatu once a few years ago when he crossed the barricade at a GCW (I think?) show but I guess he didn’t get hit hard enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62t5N3gEFTE

Yeah I'm gonna run up on the guy who calls himself THE SAMOAN WEREWOLF

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Enjoy's production values are filling a Riptide-shaped hole in my heart. More indies should shoot live and edit later.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

CombineThresher posted:

Court pays like poo poo, for one thing. He also used to pride himself on booking guys no one else would work with, so I imagine the locker room atmosphere wasn't the best.

And no one’s going to go 100% and maybe get injured on a show that pays poo poo.

It’s a bummer because MLW is like the only indie that regularly runs Philadelphia anymore. Just gotta sit through Enzo and DBS Jr segments to get to the lucha factory.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

syzpid posted:

High Tension Wrestling FKA Camp Leapfrog runs shows pretty regularly. They have a show this weekend, it's a mix of former Chikara people and students from Cheeseburger's school.

There's also Labor Of Love wrestling, who run charity shows every few months. It seems like it's mostly the same crew that do the LVAC Let's Hang Out shows.

Oh hey those are the folks who used to run shows at Everybody Hits! Glad to see that indie shows are coming back to Philly proper, I didn’t want to drive to Williamstown or Throop every time I wanted to see those ex-Chikara folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It’s not overwhelming but earplugs would definitely be a good idea. They don’t have to be like professional grade though.