Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NutritiousSnack posted:

Hey I'll be in Ohio at the end of next month, how are the AIW shows?

They're fun but I haven't been to any of the shows at the Odeon. What show are you thinking about going to?

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1418364409680863232

Terri Runnels is going to be there next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The AIW show from last night was fun.The crowd was really into it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

Ian Rotten allegedly paid either Trent Acid or JC Bailey in pain pills because they allegedly requested it.

Ian Rotten has had some pretty low points.

JC Bailey for sure.

There’s an old podcast where Ian Rotten gets eviscerated for two hours by Joe Bailey, Mickie Knuckles, and Pondo. It’s....something.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think they've been trying bring back XPW for awhile too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What happened to CZW?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1574460821001965577?cxt=HHwWksC8ycvxzdkrAAAA

Welp. This was one of the reasons I re-subbed every few months.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1575238981729792000?cxt=HHwWgMDR5cDgr9wrAAAA

AIW signed with FiteTV. I wonder if more indies will be moving over to their Fite+ subscription now.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
His "last" match ever or just his last no rope barbed wire match?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is it 2003 or 2023?

Those rules sound like what they enacted after a bunch of CZW/XPW shows went a little too far (i.e. Zandig meathook incident).

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Taxman posted:

Thanks for posting this, just bought my ticket!!

I opted for SRO over fifth row ringside, anything will be better than the stage seating last time

I have been waiting way too long to yell ITOH-CHAN

What was wrong with ringside seating? That show looks like fun.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Taxman posted:

Just bought tickets to next GCW show in Detroit yesterday, and about 3 hours later they booked Lio Rush v Mike Bailey. Beyond pumped

Is that the same venue as last time? Joey Janela vs Komander should be fun too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Candace Larae used to bring baked goods to some of the AIW shows to sell.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Chinook posted:

Went to "AIW Absolution XVI" tonight, had a complete blast. Front row, took my wife and kids, and saw the bloodiest match I've ever seen. Got hit with blood, which wasn't great. I think the guy (Joshua Bishop) bladed a little too hard. It made the Hangman match from a year or two back look fairly tame. It was against Filthy Tom Lawlor, who was so covered in this other guy's blood that he looked like a flesh golem in the end. Wonderful and stupid.

And I got to see Matt Cardona lose an indie championship in the main event. Not that I think anyone cares about AIW spoilers but just in case.

What a great time, holy crap.

Oh, and I got a fist bump from Eric Bischoff as he looped around the ring. That was neat, I guess :)

Joshua Bishop has done some crazy stuff. A few years back, he and Matt Justice recreated the Zandig/Mondo balcony dive. AIW has some good up and coming talent. I always enjoy their shows.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jiro posted:

Since this is the indie thread I just wanted to let y'all know if you're in the northeast check out her matches, she just had one against Mercedes Martinez, a personal friend of mine made the PWI500 List at 467!

Ruthless Lala, has been Senton-ing, lariat-ing everybody for years. I remember her being in a tiny bar in Alton, Tx having doing a lucha promotion, and motherucking Penta was there. This was the time during the early days of Lucha Underground when he was still Pentagon Jr. Staredowns, Cero Miedos, loving LOUD chops.

I'm so happy for her, she's busted her rear end over and over, and I'm just proud to see her get recognized and outrank Colt Canana no less. Anyway I didn't know where else to post this. Just a happy day for my friend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxEU5cZvqVL/?hl=en

Hell yeah!

Are there any matches online that we should check out?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Joshua bishop has been tearing it up in AIW for the last few years. I’m glad he’s finally getting some recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

graph posted:

it looked like a fun show, thought about going

I always had a good time at AIW shows.