Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

They're fun but I haven't been to any of the shows at the Odeon. What show are you thinking about going to?

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1418364409680863232

Terri Runnels is going to be there next month.
Is she still Runnels for real, or just gimmick name? I thought she went back to her maiden name when she and Dustin split up IRL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

that is a ridiculous number. i can't think of any other american indies that can boast a number like that since like... all in

It depends on your definition of indie. ROH and Impact can manage that for big shows. New Japan got about that many for the LA show they did with Archer/Tanahashi

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Maigius posted:

I would put money on the most Kevin Nash is doing physically is doing one Jackknife to a cruiserweight.

I think you can get one hair flip and a squisher out of him too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Could it be AAA and they're still pretending to have any kind of US expansion?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if MLW reached out to him to play Killshot again. Except to skirt copyrights they'd have to name him Murderbullet or something.

Deadshot-wait....

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Did Matt and Chelsea get hitched? Or is more of a gimmick/casual 'oh they're a thing' thing to call them the Cardonas?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

they got married in vegas in new years

Oh neat! :) Good for them!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Everyone forgot how to behave

edit: This isn't a joke post; there seems to be a pretty consistent throughline of this in a bunch of places that involve large groups of people congregating

I think it's this, but not in the way I think you mean. I think that yes, there may be some element of people being out of the habit of how to behave in large groups, but also there's probably a similar increased sensitivity to bad behaviour. If you're going to gigs or shows every other weekend, it's easier to become numb to some behaviour than if you haven't gone to one in 2 years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

wut

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Having seen the results from this show, I know the two people involved may be a bit past their primes, but (end of show angle spoiler)Psycho Clown vs Dr Wagner in an apuestas match is still pretty fuckin' big, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, i don't follow lucha that heavily, but I feel like Wagner at least has been a top guy for like 20 years? I realise lucha guys stick around forever, but that's still a long time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Fair enough, thanks for the education, lucha goons :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

are these dudes starting: a) a wrestling company, b) alternative right-wing media platform, c) a fitness podcast

Yes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Oil! posted:

She is the only AEW ref working under am alias. It makes the "Bryce Remsberg, if that's his real name" thing from Taz more funny.

Wait, Taz started that? I heard JR mention it a few times and was really confused. What's the bit supposed to be?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Can't believe he's working for these melvins

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sooooo... this is dressing up the usual 'nameless geek sets up ring and sells tickets to his friends and if they're lucky they can work a 5 minute match before the actual bell time' poo poo with a bunch of cult-esque nonsense, yeah?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I should've spent it on the GCW show

Hope you didn't want to see Bandido if you did

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blonde Force Trauma is a v good team name

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lol at the idea of Mox losing while he's AEW champion

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, is Titus wrestling twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jericho, Callis and Storm have talked about doing tours up in some of the small communities up there when they were starting out