Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

hoping we get babyface rsp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

It's raining and I'm lazy so I'm not gonna go to JCW today, but they're streaming it for free so that's cool. Starts in about 30min at 3pm EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7P_RDbcEI

the card for this is low key great
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1410996078879510528/photo/1

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

im personally very excited to spend the second half of the summer glued to a seat at h2o. idk if im gonna be back in south jersey in time for homecoming weekend though :(

its the big independence day for hardcore and deathmatch wrestling today

3pm eastern for gcw's backyard show on fite
5pm eastern for no peace's wacky thing on iwtv
8pm eastern for icwnhb in the chains on iwtv

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

is nolan edward on super dragon's radar and will he show him how to do the curb stomp without visibly trying to remember how its done

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Lord Crewe vs Davey would be fun, idk about those other guys

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

After last weekend I wouldn't wish Otis on my worst enemy (Davey Richards)

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

I'm going to be at that show! Excited to see the Duke irl for the first time

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Bobby Beverly, Eric Ryan's old tag partner

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Sticky Nate posted:

wrestling kicks rear end

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

I'd go to that show for shooter Ronny alone tbh

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

I looked that pwr show up and the card is mostly luchadors. Idk anything about Mexico but I'm sure someone here (in the lucha thread maybe) could hook you up with some pictures of masks and descriptions. I can tell you though that LA Park is a fat loving skeleton who wants to hurt you!

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Idk if it was audible on stream but when Rich said "thirty minutes remaining" there was a massive groan in the 110° F building

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

John Rare was in fact the gruesome stabber in both of those spots. You'd think he'd learn his lesson from how bad the spider boodrow match ended up being and how pointless the spot was. Shlak of all people has said that spot was stupid and went too far and he blew a guy's dick off with an m80 two years ago.

There's a shoot with Brett Lauderdale, who reffed the match, on iwtv where he talks about it being the worst thing he's ever been party to. He also talks about Boodrow pulling razors out of razor boards so they'd stand proud/be lethal before matches and he'd have to run around trying to re-gimmick everything before someone died. Brett makes deep south sound like a goddamn nightmare.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

tremont fresh out of the hospital after being burnt alive is doing no rope barbed wire tonight
https://twitter.com/TremontH2O/status/1464567116686938114

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

i really, really like h2o and never miss a show but its more about heart than workrate imo

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

few people in this world i respect more than jeff, very excited for whatever this thing is

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/drewcordeiro/status/1469106214894125059
https://twitter.com/Casshooole/status/1469109848881209344
https://twitter.com/drewcordeiro/status/1469110418429956096

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Let's Hear It Guys

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

The more I think about this show the less I like it and i was cold on it to begin with. I think the lost in NY comparison is apt but at least at lost in NY they didn't have practically all their regulars get chumped out by outsiders.

It is remarkable though imo that icwnhb, as hit and miss as they can be, have blown gcw out of the water every time they've run against or alongside their shows including this one. I'd go well out of my way to watch their show from Saturday.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Weird considering how basically all the other super indies got much better with this (with a few notable exceptions) over the pandemic. Maybe pwg need to book the rejects to threaten to beat the poo poo out of anyone being a bigot

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

I love struggles and ron but that's a story for a different time

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Suzuki vs Scorpio is an actually good match

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

beggar posted:

In person, light tubes have a deeper bass sound on impact than I expected.

So much of the auditory experience of wrestling, especially deathmatch wrestling, doesn't come across on tape and it's such a bummer. There's gotta be a way to make wrestling on TV sound like wrestling does irl

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Yeah, thanks. Time to break out the calculator

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Gcw cowards for not booking the uncivil satu jinn in that match

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Most powerful tattoo in wrestling

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

I love him

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

KRULE throwing worked punches is so funny

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

he's been kicking around south jersey. wrestled a few times for sean henderson, tagging with robbie mireno. he also put over calvin tankman and gave him a blkout shirt in gcw last year

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Any idea when the VOD from this will go up?

It's up now!
https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1530853390246461442?s=20&t=LNWEvWe6Zp1Fommz1dfaww

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

ToS was the most fun GCW show I've ever been to, an absolute blast.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Man my local group is putting on a banger next week. They just announced Akira vs Gary Jay

They had a loving incredible match in the pit for icwnhb last year

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Speaking of backyard wrestling, Matt demorest is wrestling Billie starkz at h2o next week lol

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Any CZW/GCW aficianados know when this photo was taken? I had a doubletake after seeing it since I thought Wifebeater had been dead for over a decade, but Nick Gage looks pretty similar to now. Although my perception of time is all screwed up, I thought Justice Pain died around the same time as Trent Acid but it was only in 2020

It was at gcw tournament of survival last month.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Same but jarek 1:20

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

She's the best, i miss her swinging tubes around in the crowd at the orlando soundbar (the american ichigaya chocolate square)

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Christian sucks and i cannot believe it took him this long to start getting boos, especially after the godawful nightmare cardona promo. I wish I knew why Brett kept giving him a microphone and ten minutes on every show

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Yes i understand last night. What was the motivation behind the last year's glut of bad promos from this dude that dragged every show down?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

kobk is a bunch of guys including brett ison, akira, hardway heeter, and mose. i havent watched the gcw show but theres no way possible that he's as bad as kg, he was totally competent on uncharted territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

ICW was a bloodbath tonight