Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
PWG should book Effy, and Lee Moriarty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
...who's the PWG champ? I remember WALTER having it, then I think he lost it to Flamita?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Bandido. While it is likely he will be able to do PWG I don't think we know for sure if the current ROH deals will allow it. They probably do but who knows if they tried to change things around during the pandemic.

I'd think they would let him lose the belt? If not, PWG can strip him and put the belt up in BOLA.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

yea ok posted:

PWG Mystery Vortex and Bill Cosby is out of prison lol. Makes you think a little bit, but I'm not saying anything just thought I'd put that out there.

Pfft who'd he ever beat

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oil! posted:

I met the ROH TV Champ Tony Deppen tonight and I feel really fat. He is a super nice guy from our brief conversation and I hope for the best in his matches.

I'm glad for Tony getting a push on TV, which is funny since my intro to him was him picking a fight with a legless plant and beating the poo poo out of him at Joey Janela's Spring Break.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I assume the pop for Super Dragon was nuclear

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

GCW has X-Pac and Effy calling Dark Sheik vs Nick Gage in an LA deathmatch.

Jesus, that's gonna be messy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

it was basically Nick beating the poo poo out of Sheik, Waltman sitting in stunned silence and Effy having a moment. Perfectly wild for 2am Wrestling.

How hosed up does something have to be for Waltman, who has seen some poo poo to be all :stare:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

wildly enough Yuta and Garcia both got WWE tryouts and were told they weren't good enough. Lmao.

Regardless of how you feel on long matches, this was at least a HM effort. The crowd was hot, the building was hot, they went nonstop. Meltzer needs to star this poo poo or he's a fraud.

So were Chuck Taylor and Eddie Kingston

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Who is on Nick's team? Please say Tom Santell

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

One of my local promotions is doing a show in September. Have never been to a live show, so hoping I can get tickets to this thing.

https://twitter.com/C4Wrestling/status/1425871255115378691?s=20

Those shows are fun, the one they ran prior to the pandemic had Cody & MJF team vs Tabernak de Team, I remember liking the match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

neoaxd posted:

gently caress yeah buddy. Those guys fuckin rule

I feel like AEW don't really need more teams but if they brought those two slabs of violence in I'd be okay with it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

gcw is booking disco inferno for some reason

GCW should rename the show The Last Days of Disco, Effy is gonna gently caress him up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Then give him a tetanus shot, yikes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Wait what? Is this something new?

Went on a podcast and said that trans folk are just a bunch of weird guys with purple hair

IIRC he basically admitted that the SpeakingOut accusations are true, also, but I think that was in the blowback on twitter

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Ian Rotten allegedly paid either Trent Acid or JC Bailey in pain pills because they allegedly requested it.

Ian Rotten has had some pretty low points.

He also supposedly showed up to Bailey's funeral, then tried to hit up JC's family's members for gas money to get home

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Like ok, cool, XPW is gonna have racists or whatever. I don't care. NPU is right there. If I wanna see people do dumb poo poo in dangerous places, I'll watch NPU instead and don't have to listen to people natter on about woke left hate mobs.

The last XPW revival failed, so will this one

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

And you can get to see champions Veda Scott and Speedball Mike Bailey...and TDT, which if you haven't seen them before....my god.

Co-sign on TDT, I'm hoping someone gives them a chance soon. ROH, IMPACT, AEW....any of 'em as long as they're pushed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Tabernac is where you buy cigarettes and stuff right

It's Quebec, you can probably buy smokes at baby clothing stores

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

I think they've been trying bring back XPW for awhile too.

Pretty sure it's not even the 1st attempt

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They should book Chuckie T, he loves Jeffy and also is good at wrestling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Like not in a bad way but it’s like knowing Jason Shevchuk as “the guy from LaGrecia.”

In coco's defense, Jeff gets around

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Well deserved and Punk's an appropriate inductor

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Masashi Takeda is retiring to take care of his kids following the surprise death of his wife. Alex Colon is setting up an auction for him

That's awful, he was great. Hope he can be there for his lil' Masashi

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Edit:n/m, thinking of a different guy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Reminds me of 2 Tuff Tony's finish, a running flaming punch called the Meteor

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t it some super rich religious school with a money mark principal or something

Not quite, the gate from the shows is used as fundraisers for school events (or at least that's what they tell the public, hopefully accurate).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Draxion posted:

He's been Matt Justice's manager in AIW for years now so he's a hardcore guy there specifically

He also had a match in ECW with Beulah that had to be amongst the bloodiest in wrestling history, guy must have tapped an artery

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

The spun off Chikara grads from LVAC (Ultra Mantis' promotion) are running a show in Bethlehem PA with Eddie Kingston and Orange Cassidy on it

https://twitter.com/the_LVAC/status/1558950021785165824

Dies LVAC run on IWTV?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Apparently someone tried to rain on the parade of Eddie Kingston donating his LVAC check to a local charity so more folks came out to donate even more money. Didn’t see whatever the interaction was with the grump but gently caress that person!

https://twitter.com/the_LVAC/status/1564410750248124416?s=20&t=CqJbxduyecR7ytAyLnUuVg

https://twitter.com/the_LVAC/status/1564411264855580672?s=20&t=CqJbxduyecR7ytAyLnUuVg

Edit: oh of course it was loving Mark Madden

God Madden is an absolute trashbag.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't that a sitcom plot

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

So uhh is it normal that murder grandpa smiles and laughs as he's getting the poo poo kicked out of him?

Yes, actually

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

So this is happening

Excalibur lookin' cut

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62t5N3gEFTE

Yeah I'm gonna run up on the guy who calls himself THE SAMOAN WEREWOLF

The best part is him trying to get up and his body being like "Nope", then Fatu boots him again, just to be safe

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Great

I didnt get home from teardown until 4 am

Going back to bed goons rip

Pre crash edit: nick gage is nice and friendly so uhh mdk in french or some poo poo

Meurtre Deces Tuer, I guess?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bonk posted:

tbh, e-fedding was more of a 2000s trend because people were so desperate for an alternative back then that they created their own. I'm sure it still runs in some small circles now, but the most I've seen in recent years surrounds wrestling games where you can have your CAWs fight. So it might be hard to find one nowadays, let alone a good one.

Also, being the 2000s, everyone had a dark edgy tweener character, so every promo would just be some dude brooding. Those arenas must have had like 20 boiler rooms.

I don't think this is true at all, the net was lousy with e feds during the Monday night wars.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

USA! USA! USA! Chants will never stop being funny in Canada

My favorite is when Duggan would wrestle an American and get a chant going

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 2, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I know a lot of indy folk say this, but UMB has been fairly firm on being anti-corporate wrestling, plus one of the reasons they did the phantom title change was they wanted to put the belt on him and his knee was hosed.

I did thoroughly enjoy his yuletide death match with nick gage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Ki already cancel once when he was scheduled to face Suzuki at Bloodsport or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
F1rst (arik cannon's promotion) just announced they're doing another Mall of America show in September