Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

This sucks regardless but "Cancelmania" was right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I guess Davey gave up on "medical school."

That Warrior Wrestling card does look pretty great! It looks like our local indie hasn't officially folded due to the pandemic but there's been no talk of shows now that restrictions are off, so we'll see what happens.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Apparently Jon Moxley and Mike Bailey had a match at Wrestling Revolver last weekend and that sounds extremely worth watching.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

It was really good, yeah.

I'll have to track that down. And Bailey vs. Takeshida the day before! Bailey's still getting around which is great.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Bonk posted:

I just watched the Warrior show from May and the card was great but they focused way too much on Frank in the storylines and even cut to him during a match when he was on commentary, so I'm looking forward to Rikishi getting clown makeup all over one cheek.

Yeah, Frank's presence is a big negative. It's generally well-produced with some great matches, though the cards haven't involved as many big names lately so I wonder if they're trying to save money. I'm not sure how an indie run by a teachers' association (or something) works from a financial perspective to begin with.

Here's a cool gallery of some indie wrestlers.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/C4Wrestling/status/1561721674227138569?t=KbZ1creLlfuSXk6yCinEQg&s=19

This sounds rad. Good to see Stu somewhere!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Oh hey, we have an indie again!

https://twitter.com/TopTalentBrand/status/1541484398976987137

Looks like they have Davey Richards and Gringo Loco booked for a show this Thursday, which is pretty decent for way up here.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

If this week wasn't a disaster I'd probably go.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Remembering going to see King Of Trios in 2017, which in retrospect was a perfect confluence of weird era Chikara and the last days of the BritWres boom. Picking out just the people who went on to do more, that show featured:

Chris Brookes (in DDT)
Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, and Tyler Bate
Fire Ant (Orange Cassidy)
Kyle Fletcher (immediately pre Aussie Open)
Millie McKenzie (who went on to NXT UK)
Sylverhawk (Wheeler Yuta)
A-Kid (Axiom on NXT)
El Phantasmo (in NJPW)
Meiko Satomura (Meiko loving Satomura)
Cassandra Miyagi (Michiko Miyagi in GLEAT)

Man Quack is a turd but he had a good eye for talent, pretty great taste, and mystifyingly deep pockets (or great skill in convincing people to work cheap).

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Every so often I realize how much I miss Tim Donst. I know he's doing a few indies here and there, mostly CZW (which...possibly isn't a thing anymore), but man. He's another guy I'm amazed hasn't been picked up for more.

Yeah, Donst was great. Let me see if I can find the gif...

https://twitter.com/AEWEnhance/status/1344585554483179521

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

That's a hell of a card and it strongly suggests a hefty NJPW presence at All In. Jacobs vs. Ishii should be brutal!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

It’s like Bam Bam from flinstones invented a move.

I'm pretty sure I saw Hulk do this to Loki one time.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 7, 2023

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I was going to ask why ADR isn't in jail, but I guess the charges were dropped for some no doubt legitimate reason.

quote:

Rodríguez was arrested on 9 May 2020, in San Antonio, Texas after allegedly battering and sexually assaulting his girlfriend. He was booked into the Bexar County jail and charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of assault causing bodily harm.[20][269][270][271] Rodríguez was later released on $50,000 bail at approximately 3:30 A.M. on 10 May.[272] On 9 October, Rodríguez was indicted by a grand jury and formally charged with aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault, two felonies.[273] Rodriguez's trial was delayed several times,[274] until the charges were ultimately dropped on 10 December 2021.[275]

CombineThresher posted:

Court Bauer going out of his way to book pieces of poo poo and/or guys disliked by most of their peers is a business strategy I've never quite understood.

There's money to be made by booking "politically incorrect" talent. I'm surprised no one has made that an explicit part of their promotion yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

There really isn't. TNA signed as many discount cancelled guys as they could pre-pandemic and it didn't work, it doesn't work in XPW and it doesn't look like it was working in Circle 6 either.

Interesting - I guess maybe the right wing grift doesn't work because WWE has most of that audience captured?

Glad to see the attempts fail, in any case.