Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ringo Roadagain posted:

man I really wish I wasnt paranoid about breathing in light tube mercury vapor

good news: it has never been more socially acceptable to wear a filter mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gcw almost got their tag belts back, but alas

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1416254196987408387

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

opening with a dario cueto promo, mlw still low key just the weirdest loving company in the business

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

why do this in this loving match lmao

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

nevermind this is the best booked match in gcw history

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm excited for Night 2.

yea, this is in like 40 minutes btw, early start since it's a sunday show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lmao @ the last 30 seconds

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gcw was a really fun show. missed gresh vs zayne unfortunately but loved sheik vs gray and got shockingly invested in the team of chris dickinson and starboy charlie by the end of that match, im glad the dirty daddy now has a son. the ninja mack/arez match was weirdly maybe the best "story" of the night? and then the main and effy/psycho clown were exactly what i wanted

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that is a ridiculous number. i can't think of any other american indies that can boast a number like that since like... all in

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it sucks that AEW has zero interest in actually pushing JD Drake but cool that this has inadvertently made him one of the top 16 guys on the indies

haven't actually seen any of his matches in like a year so maybe i'll keep an eye out on the DVD for this one

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gage is probably going to do a run-in after the match to set up Mox/Gage at the Mania weekend show, but yeah he's banged up or they'd be doing Mox/Gage 2 this weekend with a rubber match in Dallas

also Hammerstein is probably stricter than a lot of other venues so wouldn't be surprised if we see, e.g., no light tubes at this show - presumably they don't care about blood and there will still be a bunch of sicko poo poo, just some venues have rules against stuff that could be harder to clean up like tacks or glass or whatnot

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

coconono posted:

The show was much more like their Joey Janella produce than the usual bong rips and facebook messager booking Brett does

yeah it was basically the same lame-rear end show that Joey Janela Lost In NY was, just a slightly bigger building. like, as a reminder

quote:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman defeats Nate Webb (10:16)
KTB defeats Marko Stunt (7:36)
Teddy Hart defeats Chris Dickinson (15:21)
Nick Gage (c) defeats Sabu (7:35)
Grab The Brass Ring Six Way Ladder Match: Jimmy Lloyd defeats Eli Everfly and G-Raver and Gringo Loco and Orange Cassidy and Tony Deppen (23:56)
Ethan Page defeats Penelope Ford (5:55)
Jinsei Shinzaki defeats Joey Janela (11:13)
PCO defeats Matt Riddle (13:39)

pretty miserable show outside of wheatus. at least this one had the lucha tag which was better than any of gcw's lovely multi mans have ever been

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the only stuff that's been on is two early shows everyone was still working during and now AAA which everyone is too cowardly to experience with me

but yeah that's the live thread

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Killafornia loving sucks what the gently caress

EDIT: I'm actively mad I spent $20 on this

im confused, what about this isnt great

https://twitter.com/IsThisWrestling/status/1513030855639375873
https://twitter.com/IsThisWrestling/status/1513043438157062149?s=20&t=42Q_af7ZuiHuURIslP6snw
https://twitter.com/IsThisWrestling/status/1513034153285107717?s=20&t=42Q_af7ZuiHuURIslP6snw
https://twitter.com/IsThisWrestling/status/1513046221245628420
https://twitter.com/IsThisWrestling/status/1513047904264597504

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the show with maki itoh and miyu is on now! on iwtv and The Site With The Pirate Streams.

currently watching scotty 2 hotty make a strong argument for a NOAH run

e: i thought this one had itoh vs miyu but its actually the one tomorrow that has that i guess

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 29, 2022

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

between progress sss 16, nxt ppv, and gcw tournament of survival and a cage match show back to back, it is a stacked weekend of no one giving a flying gently caress about what used to be some of the hottest promotions in the world

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gage is extremely done but theres not anyone built up to defeat mox so yeah i can see it going either way which.. is kind of a bad thing lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

feel like this is a spot where you really need, like, a bail-out plan. bring one of the heels up with you and brawl to the top and then if you get up there and you look down and there is one less table than you had agreed upon, just tell the heel "hey yo gently caress this why dont you beat me up and gloat and act like you stopped me from doing this cool spot and we brawl back down"

like yeah it does deflate your match a lot but it is better than eating poo poo like that lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

big pet peeve when people use arabic characters to try and spell out some english poo poo, but it's even worse when they straight up invent characters to make it look right

ydlulghz teh doesn't mean anything!

it's one of the gcw shows that's just randomly named after a rap album but still goofy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/56_Nights

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

he got his face busted on a ramp made out of, like, linked metal grating in the first match at wrestle kingdom. i like to think he sacrificed his blood to save anyone else from doing an even stupider bump on that ramp, think the only other two we got were back bumps and not face first. when i saw that ramp i was like "oh huh that's kind of a weird construction but i guess preferable to the classic problem on people slipping on LED ramps" but lmao nope

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oil! posted:

If Joey truly wants to win booker of the year, have Kota Ibushi enter the Clusterfuck first and win.

at some point kota will forget the rules and throw himself over the top rope, causing joey to have to improvise some sort of spot to re-enter him in the match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

are those new rules, or are those just existing rules the tweet author is warning anyone who wants to run mania weekend about?

i've been expecting a very low key setup with like:

* mania at the eagles stadium
* nxt at the 76ers arena
* roh at the liacouras center (aew uses it and it's 10k capacity and easy to get to)
* wrestlecon shows at the ecw arena (njpw uses it so seems like an easy hookup)
* gcw somewhere across the river

if those are existing rules it does explain why gcw has basically never run philadelphia from what i can tell though, seems like it'd be a big market for them if they could

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

kobashi should be managing Cletus, gotta even the odds with This Guy being out there

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i can only assume that the point of half of those shows is to have a money mark "run their own promotion" (use the guys who are already in the building and get them paid again)

that ISW one has some guy's name in it even

also theoretically this is all IWTV content, which would matter if anyone anywhere in the world subscribed to IWTV. i think the last time i heard about anything on IWTV was when those cagefight shows were happening in a barn which was, what, early 2021?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Big Dave posted:

Excuse me but Sean Henderson is hardly some guy

not a great sign

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Kennel posted:

Overall the show had decent matches, but the booking ended up being pretty quite depressing. The babyfaces won only two matches (out of 7, I think) and only one of those wins was a feel-good victory. The other babyface win had an abused heel tag team member finally turning on his partner, but then getting dick punched and eating the pin in the most unsatisfying way. It all could have been saved if the crowd's favorite SAN would have won the main event, but in the end the main heel stable successfully defended the tag titles, won the "money in the bank" and also grabbed the heavyweight championship, ugh.

man, this is one of those classic indie show fuckups - i mean, it happens in wrestling at any scale, but you feel it in an indie show because you're in a venue with like 50 to 300 other people (usually on the lower end of that scale). i pretty firmly believe that every indie show should either have a majority of faces winning, or at least have a main event that sends the crowd home happy. tv wrestling can get away with more because you'll have audience buy-in that there's a build to a payoff coming but when you're running once every two months or whatever to a crowd that probably majority is not gonna watch the shows unless they're there live, you really shouldn't book a main event angle like "bad guy heel stable runs wild!!" without, at minimum, all the faces in the locker room emptying out to beat em up to a satisfactory extent before the heels turn tail and run

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

has scott steiner wrestled since having a heart attack backstage at a tna taping

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i also think theres far fewer people going to mania weekend and skipping mania in 2024 than there were in, say, 2019

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

we got the first hint that ibushi was washed as hell in the match where him and joey janela kept eating poo poo, and the tjpw show was a good vibe, and i cant remember anything else from that weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

big fn joe is apparently a british deathmatch guy, which was not a guy i knew you could be

i guess drew parker couldn't exist in isolation but still