Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bonk posted:

It's pretty bad but it's still really hard to top Byron Saxton's. It's like he told his opponents "I have no idea what the move actually is, just sell it no matter what I do."

the comment that says "this looks like something from create a finisher in the Smackdown vs Raw games with the incomplete animations" is 100% accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I was just listening to the GCW podcast and Alex Colon mentioned how the most dangerous thing in deathmatch style is people who don't know what they are doing. Besides the chief concern of injury and death, it also sucks because someone who doesn't know what they're doing can accidentally force their opponent to flip the script or break kayfabe to avoid serious injury or death.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

If anyone has independentwrestling tv sub, the Ask MDK vids on the GCW channel are hilarious.

Host:

"Our next question from twitter user XYZ:
Hey Nick, what is your favorite ice cream flavor?"

Nick Gage:
*15 seconds of silence*
What the gently caress kind of question is that?

Then the host eventually pries it out of him and in case anyone was wondering, his fav flavor is vanilla

It's really funny watching Nick just be absolutely miserable answering the dumbest twitter questions.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the good news is its got Tekada and if youre watching Tekada youre gonna have a good time

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shlak looks so tough and dangerous but has that giant warhammer 40k (or at least thats what my friend told me it is) face tat, NERD

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Yeah I agree I think he's got the terrifying image/physique/persona but his actual wrestling is holding him back. In my opinion deathmatch wrestlers are 100x more interesting when there's actual wrestling, and technically competant wrestling. It makes the show better, and allows the match to build before the blood starts flowing heavy.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Big Dave posted:

gently caress Rob Black but also i once watched Shlak fail to powerbomb 100lb Kennedi Copeland three times before giving up

it is weird because he looks pretty ripped but you guys are right when you say he struggles with the lifting, im curious why he cant pick em up lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

has Shlak ever had a match against a high flyer? I feel like that'd be fun to watch

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Are non-aew matches part of AEW kayfabe? I'd assume if they let him wrestling in other leagues they don't really bring it into the AEW world. I could be wrong I'm just taking a guess, I don't watch AEW

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

oh so GCW can book events but not send me my drat hoodie :mad:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

GCW is my fav indie because they really know how to retain an audience's attention. There's a lot of variety and they have a great eye for picking talent that actually knows how to build a match and not just 2 dudes smashing 200 light tubes in the first two minutes.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bonk posted:

What I would like to see from GCW is a separation/categorization by name for all the different stuff they do, like what ICW is doing with the NHB branding. They simultaneously want to be the biggest super-indie, while also being the goriest deathmatch & backyard fed, while also doing international shows, while also hosting crossover shows with other indies. So if you only dip into them casually, you don't really know what you're going to get. It feels to me like they should consider moving toward something closer to the old NWA-style governing body instead, before they spread themselves too thin. I know The Collective is a thing, but that's more of a collaboration with BLP/GPW/Bloodsport/etc.

That's kinda what I like about them, but I do agree that it can be tough to follow for casual fans. Even some sort of weekly or every X period show where they can keep people updated with highlights and storylines so it's easier to follow

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

oh so GCW can book events but not send me my drat hoodie :mad:

thank you to the GCW merch guy itt because as soon as I made this post i got an email it shipped

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i love how the guy in white just kinda crawls over to a spot and goes "yeah ima just keep sellin this" lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

couldnt the guy in the singlet and the guy who crushed the table have just brawled while the other two do the big spot? Seems like an easy solution instead of one guy selling a lame table collapse and the other just walking around

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Whatever happened to that dude who (IIRC) John Wayne Murdoch killed with the most dumbass destroyer in history off a balcony in a bar onto the bare wood of a half dismantled ring?

Last thing I saw was he was hospitalised because loving duh but nothing after that.

this was an update posted to reddit in 2021, that's the most recent info I could find.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shlak may look scarier but he hasnt been suplexed onto a board of syringes afaik, so my $$$ on Drake. Will be a good match up tho.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

jee see dub war ready tonight, always a treat to watch Jun Kasai

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

yeah i had kinda figured this was the deal and Tony told Mox "you can do the career match with Gage then youre done with indie"

sucks tho

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Anxiety is setting in and now I don’t know if I want to go to the wrestling show in the city tonight! Why am I like this!!!

ive regretted staying home often and very rarely regret going out

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i just got ringside seats for GCW, my first show im pumped up. Always wanted to be in a Gage walkout mosh.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Speaking of indie wrestlers aging it was great to see Sick Nick Mondo lookin healthy as he ages bc he retired at 23 like good for that dude for being a legend and takin care of himself

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

e:nm i fell for a fake article lol and thought Ric Flair was gonna wrestle Shlak

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

He would definitely die

Yeah Ric Flair would prob feel bad about killing Shlak

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

anyone know who won TOD today i dont wanna buy the PPV replay

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the ring at GCWHitEmUp tn is so bouncy rn its great watching this 8 man tag desperately trying not to accidentally break thru it lol it feels like watching the logo go into the corner of an old TV "Oh this bump someones def going thru...damnit...now THIS one someones def gonna actually go thru! damnit"

also how are indie companies affording an ambulance match, do they have more $$$ than i think or is it like an old decomissioned car painted like an ambulance

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 30, 2022

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its great news bc theyve leaned a little more into stories recently and hopefully all the new people signing up to watch will keep encouraging that

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

https://wrestlingrepublic.com/stephanie-mcmahon-frustrated-that-gcw-turned-down-wwe-network-offer/?amp

im assuming this is fake but its funny

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

This'll be a good one

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

For real guys. This is the final one. For real. The last one. Feels like KISS announcing another final tour lol but Ill still watch it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

His "last" match ever or just his last no rope barbed wire match?

the latter, I believe he's currently on the wrestling equivalent of a final tour

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Has anyone hear with asthma ever had a reaction to the light-tube dust?

I have ringside tix for GCW tomorrow and my gf really wants to come, but has problems with asthma and is worried about the light tubes. Any advice should she skip it or is it NBD? Maybe bring a bandana or mask?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bonk posted:

I mean, mask up anyway.

Ive never had problems with the dust personally so i dont need one but i dont have asthma thats why i was asking, she will def be wearing one tho as she is determined to see some of her favs live

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 19, 2022

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks everyone! We'll bring some masks for sure.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The implication is that there's a really good reason to mask up when you're at a wrestling show, sat in close proximity with other people who probably aren't wearing masks & likely would attend even if they have an illness that is causing them to have a fever & cough & a loss of sense of taste.

my dumbass thought everyone here was talking about the dust and didnt even think of COVID so ty for this lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no tubes so no masks needed but we had a great show!! We got to meet Sawyer Wreck after the show who was super nice (my gfs favorite wrestler) and I finally got to be in the crowd for a Nick Gage walkout, so great show overall

the only lovely part was Chris Hamrick came out and used the F-slur during his match which clearly made all the other wrestlers/audience pretty uncomftorable. Manders immediately snatched the mic away after he said it thankfully, and GCW posted this after the show.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TUS posted:

I was there too, up on the stage and Hamrick's promo really deflated the crowd. Thankfully everyone else in that scramble knew how to pick us back up. Manders and the company handled it the best they could and there was also this from Effy- https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1594479826081136642

I am so happy Alec Price is getting noticed, dude is awesome!

Were you wrestling? (And obviously you don't have to answer if you'd like to retain anonymity). Overall I thought everyone handled the situation very well, you could tell from everyone in the ring's body language and actions that they were very clearly not okay with the slur but also adapted well and kept the show going.

Effy is once again a class act as usual. Fuckin love that dude!

EDIT: Separate question. I've been watching ICW NHB shows, and I'm enjoying them but I'm kinda confused as to what NHB is. Is ICW the promotion and NHB the show? (like Monday Night Raw?) or is NHB some kinda seperate brand (like ROH in AEW?)

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 21, 2022

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks for all the ICW info everyone! I'm really enjoying watching the shows. I really like Krule, "monster" characters are so hard to do well and he does a great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I bought ICW NHB tix through IWTV and the email said "your tickets are attached", but there was no attachment, the email was a noreply, and I can't find any support or contact info on the website. Anyone know where I can get some help?