Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Finding myself in an interesting situation as I'm going to the GCW show this Sunday, mostly to see some old friends work and Maki Itoh, but also am well aware of Brett's reputation and some extremely shady things he's done, particularly during the pandemic. Before the gimmick shows took off they were kind of a step above shindy. Looks like little has changed. Pay Alex, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw man, Detroit gets LuFisto but not Columbus? drat.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw man, I'm glad I know not to be disappointed at the lack of Brooklyn the Hole tonight. I was gonna buy some glowsticks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's such a shame what happened with CHIKARA. That was the first indie I got really into way back when and I still have the fondest memories of so many of their angles and it's great that some of their guys have been making it in AEW. I was at one of the Devastation Corporation's first shows, A Piece of The Action, and they're one of the things I remember the most about it because of how fun they were. Shame about the personality issues.

In other news, GCW last night was insane. My throat hurts from screaming and a friend of mine nearly got in a fistfight with Matt Cardona. It's crazy how the dude really feels like a star more than ever. He had that entire ballroom booing him out of the building; it was great. And seeing Maki Itoh live was fantastic. Glad I got the chance. I realized it's been six years since I last went to a proper indie that had that energy and I forgot how much I missed it. Gonna have to pay more attention next time Revolver is in town.

On the subject of CHIKARA, I still consider Ultramantis Black one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I wish he'd get booked more, even just get a cameo on AEW or something.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Honestly fair play if he is happy where he's at. This is a business that if you aren't careful can destroy you. I just, selfishly, miss watching him work. He was my guy for so long and I feel like he was really ahead of his time in many ways. The newer wrestling fanbase would love him.

One of my biggest regrets is losing his Bad Brains-inspired shirt in a move. It definitely wouldn't fit me now since I bought it while in my first year of college ages ago but it was such a cool shirt. Would love to get another run of his merch.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Every so often I realize how much I miss Tim Donst. I know he's doing a few indies here and there, mostly CZW (which...possibly isn't a thing anymore), but man. He's another guy I'm amazed hasn't been picked up for more.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh poo poo, Pivotshare was the only place left to get a lot of the fed I worked for's stuff since a lot of the masters were taken by a bad video guy and the fed shut down during the pandemic. Luckily the episode I did commentary for was on Fite as well but I may have to pony up $5 just to grab a few shows so they don't get lost forever.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm thinking about it but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I don't think I can swing it :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

But it's gonna be in a cool movie theater and my friend and her soon-to-be wife are cute and we've been friends for years and I will get free food and drink :(

I need to make it to a Revolver show again some day, though, just to reconnect with the old crew while seeing some great matches.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah but it's also like...six or seven hours of wrestling between both shows on a weekend I'll have done a long drive the day before, I have to make some decisions depending on how I feel, and how my partner is doing too.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

GCW I Can't Save You was a lot of fun but I definitely credit a lot of that to me just being excited to see Maki Itoh perform and meet with some old friends. Helped that they had a lot of our local guys on the show.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That's a great joke but they could have cut out the middleman and just called themselves Clussy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

ARMBAR A COP posted:

There’s an indie show today in Vancouver with an Oregon Trail Elimination match

You better believe there’s going to be a dysentery chant

One of my favorite memories is going to a con that had a drunk live Oregon Trail playthrough and whenever we got to a river the entire room was chanting "FORD IT FORD IT" so you know wtf to do!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Ortiz comes out to Sade at Wrestling Revolver

https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/189pfvw/saw_ortiz_tonight_at_wrestling_revolvers_season/

Do the needful TK, I wanna hear five thousand dorks sing Smooth Operator

This loving owns, let's get this man and this theme on TV ASAP.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That was an open secret around locker rooms I was in. Glad he's getting publicly called out for it. Gross.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MLW has the Battle Riots, which are always fun Rumble-style shows with some great folks and surprises, all free on YouTube. I wouldn't regularly watch it outside of those, but it's a huge reason I became such a Tom Lawlor fan; he shines in every single one.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Dayton was such a hotbed before the pandemic, loss of venue, and a lot of unfortunate incidents shut down the local promotion. I was thinking of going to that PWR show myself but I'm not ready yet and it wasn't at a good time. Really glad you had a fun time. I'll always have a soft spot for Sami and Revolver, and a lot of those talents are great ones that wrestle in Ohio often. Depending on where you're at I can also recommend Unsanctioned Pro in Columbus, as well as when GCW stops by there.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw man, not VENY. That sucks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Holy moly what a card. :eyepop:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Yeah the clip cut out before you see me and my wife run for our lives because he went to puke in the garbage can next to us. Then he got dropkicked. It was the best wrestling show I’ve ever been to

hahaha gently caress yeah. Independent wrestling rules

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Before it turned out that 75% of their roster was made up of terrible people and they sold out, PROGRESS was my jam. I loved them from the moment I saw Ringkampf and Pete Dunne. It was one of the companies that brought me back to pro wrestling after one of my hiatuses and something that eventually lead me into training myself.

Shame about, well, gestures at all that.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

They had some really cool poo poo, barely any of which I can comfortably watch again. The world title picture is particularly cursed. Loads of long reigns with loads of matches from... El Ligero, Jimmy Havoc, Marty Scurll, and Travis Banks.

God it sucks so much. It was where I first saw Matt Riddle, and Jack Sexsmith was huge for me too. I was happily subbed to their network for a while, and had big dreams of wrestling for them when I first started. A real who's-who of awful people who should gently caress off, and even now I just don't feel good about watching the product. I'll never forget how absolutely thrilling it was checking out my first show and watching Ringkampf vs. The London Riots just in awe.

Ah well, plenty of other wrestling out there. Best to leave the past in the past.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

All wrestling chants are memes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Breaks my heart how many lovely little indie venues that felt like the center of the universe have been shut down. :( Furious sweaty concrete "arenas" are the best. I miss Rockstar Pro's punk rock warehouse every drat day.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This is the worst way to discover that Bubba The Love Sponge is somehow still a thing.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

AUDIBLY GASPED

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

HOLY gently caress

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Well I have to watch that show now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Alex Windsor, too! Sounds like a great show.