Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I signed up for the Fite TV free trial. Anything recent I really need to check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't think this is true at all, the net was lousy with e feds during the Monday night wars.

Yeah, people were excited about wrestling and wanted to do it themselves. But better. :smuggo:

Me, I'm content now with just playing some TEW and then getting mad and quitting because I make the jump to Cult status and the costs outweigh the profits.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SG Bamboo posted:

But for real most of the good guys from Chikara are now with AEW, with the rest either in the WWE system (Drew Gulak, Riccochet, Sara Del Rey) or hanging out with Ultramantic Black

Sara really went off the grid after becoming a trainer, now that I think about it. (Which is fine.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LionYeti posted:

I've loved what I've seen of Edith, she is/was my local indie, LLL's womens champ and she does great even with some of the less skilled workers she faces. Speaking of they're doing Heidi Howitzer vs Miyu Yamashita vs Masha Slamovich in June which is gonna kick substantial amounts of rear end.

I love how Miyu came over and all these promotions want to work with her.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

He ran an indie in the late 2000s and 2010s, there was a lot of talent available. He was also very, very cheap. He was paying Hero peanuts even though Hero was the company's biggest star and trainer. The pay was so bad that it dominated the discourse about him leaving CHIKARA even though the rumored other reason (him sleeping with Shane Storm's girlfriend) was a pretty valid reason not to want to use him.

I always wondered about that. I remember a story at the time was Quack was mad Hero had an international tour but Claudio was on the same tour because Kings of Wrestling and somehow Quackenbush knew about Claudio but not Hero question mark.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

On the subject of CHIKARA, I still consider Ultramantis Black one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I wish he'd get booked more, even just get a cameo on AEW or something.

I think Mantis is happy running LVAC and keeping his dates to a minimum.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

syzpid posted:

Reminds me of how the guy who wrote Forrest Gump took points on the net profits instead of gross and has never made a dime off the movie because the accountants continually find ways to claim after expenses it didn't make any money.

The cult favorite cartoon Freakazoid the main character explicitly tells somebody to always take a piece of the gross, never the net. The net is fantasy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

IIRC Jack Nicholson took a piece of all merchandise AND box office take, and made out like a drat bandit because Batman was EVERYWHERE that summer.

That's like Mark Hamill. He also gets a piece of merch and residuals from the movies, even more than just the original trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1769877495656935566

I'd be very excited to see Micro-Man live.