Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SalTheBard posted:

This is the first time I've seen VENY and holy poo poo they are awesome!

VENY loving rules.

If you'd like a little insight on her, you can check out her interview with Mr. Hakusan/Kotatsu Studios from a few months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG7NPaWO2y0

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

born on a buy you posted:

Lesson learned tho: the speaker on the left side of stage is loud af and my ear is still ringing

Things like this is why I started carrying musicians earplugs everywhere. You never know when you find yourself in a situation louder than expected, and I already have permanent hearing loss as is.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Ganso Bomb posted:

What kind of earplugs do you use and recommend? I’m going to a concert for the first time in ages soon and have been looking at Loop earplugs to replace my old pair that I bought off the shelf at the pharmacy.

Personally, I use and recommend custom fit earplugs, but I know that's not really a solution everyone is willing to do. For something off the shelf, there are a lot of brands out there, and different ones will have different fit and comfort for you. You may have to try several different pairs before you can settle on one that works best for your ears. The ones others have already mentioned would be a good place to start.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Emsee posted:

Definitely looking forward to seeing the DPW show when it's online, I've only heard good things.

Someone caught a great slowmo video of the BestBros in action.

https://twitter.com/KitSabrefang/status/1670844996461658113

Lol I was just going to post this. Mei is also using one of Miyuki's hair ties, wearing Mizuki's shoes, and using Emi's makeup because the Best Bros flight got all hosed up and their luggage didn't arrive at the same time.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

coconono posted:

I snuck out of work and had to pay a local kids $30 to leave my rental unmolested. My only regret was not getting any merch because they moved everything before the show even started.

TJPW better double up on the merch.

Not only did the merch sell out before the show started, the merch sold out before they even finished letting in the people with seated tickets before they even opened the doors to the standing line.

I was one of the first people in the doors (which meant that I was near the start of the line and had to wait around by that box that someone literally poo poo in), and they brought an incredibly small number of shirts to sell at the table. Like they seriously wildly underestimated how many people wanted to buy a shirt.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Their website is also just completely gone and replaced with a generic placeholder for when there's a domain but no site.

They just had some events there recently, and were advertising future events as of yesterday.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Bonk posted:

False alarm and the Globe has been saved, apparently. :shrug:

Owner of Prestige made this comment on Reddit:

quote:

Owner of Prestige Wrestling here. No one lied or was fed bad info. People at the highest rung told The Globe they were closing. Management at Globe told me our event is cancelled and they’re closing. Today “the highest rung” reached out to management and they came to an agreement to fix some issues. Thus - The Globe is open again.

If true, I would have zero trust in The Globe moving forward.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Wow that loving sucks. Was wondering why she got to the US and then just left.

I really hope this doesn't gently caress things up for her.

She hasn't had the greatest track record for US experiences.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 28, 2024

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Dango Bango posted:

:stare:

Wasn't VENY the one who had to stay with the creep too?

Yeah Wrestle Queerdom was a bad time for her. IIRC she was straight up like "don't ask me about it" when she got back to Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

It's going to be a fun time when the most sane looking person in a tag match is Maki.

I also hope it makes people look up Ram to find out more about her and find the Kotatsu Studios interview where she reveals that the only reason why her face is painted like that is that her parents thought it would be funny to do that to a 9 year old and she's just rolled with for over a decade.