Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

y'all done hosed up and forgot about the important indies.

first up: ICW No Holds Barred!! Its where you can watch Dan Maff.

John Wayne Murdoch is what happened if Kenny Omega's ship crashed in texas instead of the sticks of Manitoba

https://twitter.com/ICWNHB/status/1411034164623818758

Also No Peace Underground, which is like watching a riot at the daddy bar

https://twitter.com/NoPeaceFL/status/1407712429396705280

And the purveyors of the greatest combat spectacles you're not watching, Paradigm Pro:

https://twitter.com/ParadigmProWres/status/1410633558780219395

And finally the grandaddy of east coast hardcore reincarnated, reimagined and redefined:
https://twitter.com/H2OWRESTLING/status/1409634451710087168

all these feds are available with your sub to IWTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Paradigm Pro did a UWFi rules match between John Wayne Murdoch and Reed Bentley without either really understanding the rules. What followed was some of the greatest pro wrestling I've ever seen. It was on the Terminal Combat show which was full of fun matches. The gimmick was UWFi rules for the first few minutes then garbage/hardcore to finish. Its fast paced, violent and engrossing. I hope one day to see Minoru Suzuki come through.

I can understand people not liking ICW, sometimes the commentary and the content is a bit dicey. They've gotten better under the IWTV banner, however. That and John Wayne Murdoch will pull a knife on a motherfucker that comes disrespectfully. The weed convention weekend they just finish up has a great run of Sadika matches I'm currently enamored with.

I'd also be remiss to not mention IWA-MS. Its gone from being a running embarrassment to fun southern Indiana party destination. Ian Rotten didn't change overnight, and he's still, well, Ian but he's got a lot of people helping him out. Again, I think IWTV acting as the baseline purveyor of decency, along with JWM's crew being regulars has been a force keeping the lockerrooms clean.

The same can be said about Tremont's H20. The place he runs out of looks like black mold shaped into a wresting arena, but by several accounts, its a safe fun environment. Tremont and Jeff Cannonball's respective familes are the backstage enforcers there Sometimes Tim Donst comes through and its also the place to see what shitbaggery RSP is up to. This is a far cry from the days of Zandigs and DJ Hyde's assholery.

So basically, don't bother giving XPW any energy. Rob Black is a relic of an era where dudes thought Guns'n'Roses made good life choices.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ICW hooked up with a dispensary and suddenly their shows are date nights. And date afternoons. Overall it was a great weekend of dumb bullshit. I didn't get to catch all of it, but I'm told they booked the NPU show especially for me. Get that vod up on IWTV, you cowards.

Pitfighter was a great show that oftentimes looked like a crime scene. Satu Jinn vs Max The Impaler delivered exactly as advertised. The rest of the card is absolute banger with Cogar vs NDC, JWM vs Cannonball(total :gonk: finish), Eric Ryan vs Dale Patricks(who is working on getting the deathmatch journeyman award). Other matches worth a watch.

Just getting to the chains show from the 4th and we need to talk about how Danny Demanto inducts people onto the roster. He comes out, tells the prospect that everyone loves him. These dudes are sheeting blood and its getting replaced with love. Idk if that's healthy or not but its held in public sight for discourse. Either way, the vibe is overwhelmingly positive, which you really don't see in wrestling?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lumbermouth posted:

C'mooooon Speedball

somehow I don't think the guy under NXT contract is gonna show up in the promotion run by AEW's announcer.

Personally, I'm pulling for Herzog.

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 6, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If Nolan doesn’t do a PWG spot there’s no point talking about PWG

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

They really just wanna follow AEW around, huh? Can't say I blame them.

its not a bad strat if AEW sticks to Sunday PPVs. You can turn a PPV weekend into a party destination which is what really drives wrestling live gates anymore.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

PWG Mystery Vortex and Starr puts out an apology notes tweet after being a big focus on the last few shows before covid. hmmmm

I don't even want to entertain the thought.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Coincidence.

ICW changed their entire audience draw from loner bloodthirsty weirdoes to a date night just by adding a dispensary next to the merch table.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pfft who'd he ever beat

he was the shooter version of Andy Kaufman

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh that's huge. All your fave women wrestlers got an envelope from Prazak.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as long as some promoter thinks they can make money on outrage of David Starr being at their show, they'll book David Starr. But since that's a stupid idea and most of the promoters(even the UK ones who are thick as mudpies) are smart enough not to.

Booking Drake Dweirtz is a little more palatable because he's currently not outed as a child molester. That may change the more he works. The dude's clearly gonna say or do something if we leave him in the public sights long enough.

And Marty Scurll is done. Unless he shows up at a show unannounced, that dude will never wrestle again. Even longtime friends can't have him backstage at shows without someone telling him to gtfo.

However, since the only barrier to wrestling promoting is a willingness to go into debt, expect to see all three of these morons headlining a shindie near you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

I think Marty would probably end up wrestling in Mexico before Japan at this point.

and was never seen again, hopefully.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

Don't know that I've heard a bad word about Chris Brookes, seems like a really good dude.

I'm still mad his limited run merch drops run out before I remember they dropped

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

If you message him or any of the schadenfreude boys there's leftovers, you just have to pay extra.

I tried through the website but not having a twitter makes this poo poo hard.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

I met the ROH TV Champ Tony Deppen tonight and I feel really fat. He is a super nice guy from our brief conversation and I hope for the best in his matches.

you looked great. Jade Cargill would look puffy next to Deppen. That dude's a freak.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

got two extra tickets to the ICW show in Indy tonight. Hmu if you want em face value or best offer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ICW's 2nd night in indy is on right now if you wanna see some dudes do some violent poo poo in a venue where horsecrimes usually happen

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I’ve seen some cards and they look safe.

If the tickets are affordable def go. Support you local indie until you find out they’re scumfucks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

And the next time someone tells you cancel culture ruins lives:

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1415347526908235780

I wouldn't go to this. But if you do, I'd wear a mask.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lord Crewe is a loving badass. He looks like a poser but I saw that dude spike Mathew Justice a few times.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I want Lord Crewe to put a pig's head on Davey

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I totally forgot to mention I got fist bump Calvin Tankman at that ICW show. Big thick fists on that dude. I stan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Impact isn't your bag, IWTV is showing IWA-EC's Masters Of Pain 2021

https://independentwrestling.tv/live

its from june 12th of the this year so if you wanna spoiler yourself for what you're getting into:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=315455&page=2

it opens with Shlak vs Shane Mercer outside. there's a car and medieval weaponry.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

Hey, IWA-EC is my home promotion! But I don't check Facebook so I only found out about the show an hour into it.

its a pretty good turnout. Looks to be about 200-250.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

I've been to loads of IWAEC shows, other than the bad commentary everyone there is super cool. At the Masters of Pain there's always a bunch of people driving out of state to see it which is really awesome.

deathmatch hippies are the best

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Mittens is running IWAEC now but Pondo is still the faceman. At least he was for the Masters of Pain.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Is she still Runnels for real, or just gimmick name? I thought she went back to her maiden name when she and Dustin split up IRL?

you running a credit check on her or something

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Matt Cardona is a pain pig.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RSP hosed up his driver's back for that dick kick.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was absolutely chaotic in the intro part until the jericho music hit. I think people really wanted to see the Painmaker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they gave the crowd a good bit to really get their energy up for the MDK moment. So when all the bullshit went down you could feel the ugly vibes right through the stream.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I too am young dumb and broke

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Starboy vs Gresham was fresh as gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joey just pulled a fast one on Atticutie

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

Looks like a skinhead

its the suspenders. Everyone I know that wears suspenders is a real douchebag.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

yo wtf was that chair doomsday device spot?

sgc hit on Ninja Mack for something, not really clear.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok that's enough syringes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

beggar posted:

https://twitter.com/GOProWrestling/status/1419351739287932929?s=19

The pizza cutter flies in so gracefully five seconds in, awesome videography

tag yrself I'm the forlorn snapple bottle

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cart Mountain posted:

The GCW shows this weekend were my intro to Drew Parker.
Can anybody tell me anything more about him or suggest matches of his to track down because he really seems like he's going to be the future face of death matches

he's a regular for BJW in japan, which has their own streaming service that I've never used. I think the Puro thread has all the details. He did Miyacoco's birthday show which is an absolute must to track down if you wanna see Jun Kasai do karaoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

is posting just the matches that happened so far, no results, OK? looking at past mystery vortex stuff and the card is no longer a secret after it happens

I'm ok with it since I'll forget the results by the time the DVD comes out