Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s obviously the venue’s business and not GCWs, but the thin blue line flag being visible up there in the background of the NGI is both disturbing and very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Looking forward to watching it in 2023 when they finally ship the DVDs and I’ve hopefully forgotten all the spoilers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s £10.50 in the UK on FITE living on a plague island pays off again

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

So jealous you get to see speedball vs bandido live and I have to wait 3-4 months to order the dvd and then another several months for it to arrive, if it ever arrives

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Could just be that the group consisting of “people willing to go to crowded indoor events during a pandemic” contains a higher percentage of assholes who aren’t going because they feel like they’ve taken enough suitable precautions to be safe about it, but because they think the whole pandemic thing is bullshit and gently caress everybody else for ruining their fun for the last 2 years over a fake news virus.

They’re also the crowd most likely to be shouting dumb poo poo in public places.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This feels way too soon after Fenix’s arm turned into rubber

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they aren’t skipping ahead one show’s worth of storyline progression and then running 4 as though it was the missing link in between then they’ve absolutely squandered all the potential of this insistence on keeping the numbers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

lmao apparently nZo lost a trademark battle because MLW bleeped every reference to his name this week and now he's just called "Real1".

Genuinely surprised that enough people watch MLW for them to have to give a gently caress about anyones copyrights

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Very cool and smart of Ninja Mack to just go lift up his head then drag him around by the shoulder.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Backyard Wrestling is the best GCW event of the year every year so I’m very ready for it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like that Effy is on the poster twice

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mance Warner seems like a cool guy and I liked the time he called out that fan from the ring for making a rape joke but I never really got the point of his gimmick and his work is pretty ok.

MLW seems like a fair place to put him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oil! posted:

I really hope Hoodfoot is ok, but why was there a light tube stabbing spot?

Because it’s a GCW show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah never don’t be lying to get out of work unless you think someone else from work will be at the show to narc on you

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe it's music rights for the entrance music that prevents them from streaming.

This doesn’t stop anyone else, even indies that run on FITE use whatever the hell they want

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m just catching up on GCW before I catch up with backyard wrestling tomorrow after work and hooooly shiiiiiit Hoodfoot’s arm.

I heard it was bad but god drat.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t it some super rich religious school with a money mark principal or something

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I keep confusing Ace Austin with Austin Aries in my head momentarily every time he’s announced somewhere, and am then relieved when it’s not actually Austin Aries getting paid.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aren’t they staying at this dumbass’ house too? What a loving nightmare.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hey now, they said they made it, not that they designed it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What did he do to upset them so bad I’m way behind on GCW

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Fightful reported before the show that he signed with AEW/ROH

Oh like their current world champ they all go loving berserk for

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

deathmatchless CZW

Why bother

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It worked when wrestling was mostly local promotions where you were only familiar with the rules and the work at the show you go to, so seeing a dude do something that you wouldn’t usually see and break them was a big deal.

It doesn’t work now that anyone can watch wrestling from all over the world including matches where dudes carve each other up with light tubes and boards of knives being completely kosher.

Nobody is going to pop for a closed fist after seeing that poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That looks like poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

Shlak looks so tough and dangerous but has that giant warhammer 40k (or at least thats what my friend told me it is) face tat, NERD

Yeah it looks like the Chaos Undivided symbol or whatever GW are calling it these days.

Shlak looks like a killer and he comes out looking mean as gently caress and you go ‘holy poo poo what a beast this is going to kick rear end’ and then he starts wrestling and oh no.

This was pretty cool though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

it is weird because he looks pretty ripped but you guys are right when you say he struggles with the lifting, im curious why he cant pick em up lol

He is gassed to the gills but has no conditioning so he’s tired as poo poo about 30 seconds into any given match.

I just remembered that time he gave some dude a sit out powerbomb onto a filing cabinet and impaled his thigh on one of the drawer dividers lol.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I miss RSP and the rest of 44OH and I keep forgetting I could just see them all if I started watching Circle 6

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whatever happened to that dude who (IIRC) John Wayne Murdoch killed with the most dumbass destroyer in history off a balcony in a bar onto the bare wood of a half dismantled ring?

Last thing I saw was he was hospitalised because loving duh but nothing after that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Maybe Shlak will drop him on his head and he’ll go back to normal

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

GCW is still good if you only count the times when Matt Cardona is there doing his gimmick poo poo, tbh

A wild sentence in 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I went to a local indie show and it wasn't the best they've done BUT they have a dude named Filipinot Grigio so I bought a shirt from him.

Best name since Neil Diamond Cutter

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It is when you’ll probably fail because you’re a stupid piece of poo poo that didn’t take Covid seriously.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He would definitely die

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah that’s a killer deal, but that said I’m not gonna bite unless GCW come out of the funk they’re in right now and/or there is an unmissable sicknasty deathmatch card on the horizon.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ll wait for his next last ever no ropes barbed wire deathmatch, personally

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There is nothing more punk rock than selling out, if anything this is the most on-brand any promotion has ever been

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Simpsons dental plan meme but it’s “Charity Show/Lets book Nick Aldis’ and ends with Homer realising if he books Nick Aldis nobody is going to want to watch his charity show.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That card is all just friends and acquaintances of Cardona and Myers because it’s their yearly charity show for their toy collecting podcast which already has a rabid built in audience who can’t stop setting money on fire, so it’s less that they’re trying to get people through the door with Tyrus and Riley and more that they know Tyrus and Riley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I really want that to be a fake Kane like the early 00s WWF ‘tribute’ cards used to have