Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I love that Cornette's lawyer is on the flyer in a better spot than some of the wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

stab posted:

Yeah look who they're wrestling too hahaha

There may be a murder

Oh I remember those two lumberjack dudes now! I saw a match of theirs on IWTV where they wrestled Dark Order in what looked like a hotel conference room and it ruled.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

the escape goat posted:

it’s wild that it took PWG so long to book a women’s singles match (like, over a decade) and that it’s been pretty much THE most discussed thing about the lineup.

It helps that Yuka vs Masha will very likely be awesome.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tampa Bae posted:

So is he like a MASADA or Mr Pogo where you know his style is going to overtake the whole match

If we're talking about Shlak, no. MASADA can work when he has to and Mr. Pogo was cool. Neither of those apply to Shlak.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tampa Bae posted:

I grew up on FMW, Mr Pogo could not work even when he wanted to. He took like ten bumps during the 90s

And still managed to break his neck! Pogo's incredible laziness adds something to his matches, in my opinion. Plus he was pretty cooked by the time he got to FMW - he was much less of a slug in Puerto Rico and smaller US territories before then.

coconono posted:

I’m sorry did I scroll past Mean Mitch slander in this thread

Mean Mitch sucked but Fat gently caress Barrel Boy was a legend.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

It's wild to think that Suzuki's strikes were considered the weakest part of his game in his MMA days.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Sawyer Wreck is pretty cool too, and Maki/Masha should be wild.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The whole MAGA Butcher thing is really depressing; Necro pretty much brain-damaged himself into going full Republican.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

duckdealer posted:

Yeah agreed.

I never did figure out how they managed to make everything so dull. Haven't tried watching any of their stuff in years though.

Court pays like poo poo, for one thing. He also used to pride himself on booking guys no one else would work with, so I imagine the locker room atmosphere wasn't the best.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

forkboy84 posted:

But banning blading is not one of them

That's more of a Maryland athletic commission thing, and their rules for wrestling/boxing/etc haven't been updated since the 70s.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I love that a man as soft-spoken and kind as Andy Williams has such perfect unhinged facial expressions.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Court Bauer going out of his way to book pieces of poo poo and/or guys disliked by most of their peers is a business strategy I've never quite understood.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, and it's been utterly ignored. Nobody cares, nobody should care.

It was also original XPW, and to an extent the original ECW as well, though that was more about branding than Paul E. going out of his way to hire dirtbags.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Interesting - I guess maybe the right wing grift doesn't work because WWE has most of that audience captured?

Glad to see the attempts fail, in any case.

Not only that, the right wing grift promotions all suck just like every other right wing parallel attempt at something within pop culture.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Big Dave posted:

The xpw/C6 poo poo makes me so mad. It sucks when people who pay lip service to progressive causes are okay with sharing a locker room with some of the worst scum in wrestling and it's very interesting that the "woke" promotion everyone in the scene complains about packed the heart ballroom last weekend when xpw is drawing single digits to the same building.
I'm only on the peripherary of the scene, I'm not in any of the Facebook groups and mostly keep to myself, and I get poo poo irl for not supporting xpw or c6 like I'm betraying deathmatch or that I'm a fake fan trying to destroy it with wokeness and I can't wrap my head around it

XPW sucked the first time around and it sucks now. Good on you for passing on that bullshit.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok was wondering if it was worth anything. I saw Matt Riddle signed with the MLW promotion after being let go from the wwe.

MLW is the same now as it was during its first iteration: a roster of talented guys completely half-assing it and a handful of toxic dickheads who've burned all their other bridges.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

I was always bummed Salina de la Renta never got out of MLW. I thought she made a pretty good manager at times, though mostly in backstage stuff and less with in-ring promos.

I think she's a producer there as well.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Show was fun. Most of the wrestlers were obviously very rough, but everyone was giving it their all. A few of the guys were surprisingly good, also. Everyone clearly loved the hot as poo poo crowd. It's always fun to see heels desperately trying to suppress grins as they get MASSIVE reactions for very basic stuff. Nothing but the biggest respect to everyone involved, you're not wrestling in front of 250 people in Finland to get rich.

This is by far the best part of indie wrestling and it's almost better when the wrestlers aren't that good.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lumbermouth posted:

what the gently caress Hallowicked is on this show

He recently started taking bookings again and Hero trained him. Also, he's great.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jiro posted:

I just want it to be a LU reunion show, gimme Matanza, Killshot, Willie Mack, (ugh even Prince Puma). It's a loving shame Darby got his foot run over and hit by a bus cause he'd fit in perfectly with the LU aesthetic and probably given a zombie dead boy background story too.

HOLY poo poo SAMMY was on Lucha Underground??? Put him on the show to do dangerous flippy poo poo from that platform to the ring please. Son of Havoc, Drago, Rey Horus, Texano Jr., King Cuerno........

Takeshita is going to be so loving hype!

Sonny Kiss, too! And Luchasaurus. God, that show was good when it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cool Post Beg posted:

I went out to my parking deck today and there was a gatdamn wrestling ring set up on the bottom floor. Vary morales and Angelica risk were in the top two matches with nightmare factory belts on the line?!. I eventually got smartened up that it was a cinco(cuatro?) de mayo festival that moved there to get out of the rain. Anyway I wasn’t planning on eating carne asada tacos and watching a weird mix of 80% Memphis rasslin/20% lucha libre but I had a good Saturday

Hell yeah, this sounds awesome.

I went to a wrestling/heavy metal show at a local brewery today; all the wrestlers were local guys from Eastern Wrestling Alliance, including such luminaries as Oldman Youngboy, Beefcake (a cow from Hell), Hobo Harry, and Eel O'Neal. Needless to say, I hooted and hollered.