Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That might be the flub of the century, good God Ross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

THE COWARD TONY FINALLY SOLD THE COMPANY

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh no JR revealed that con. Vince is bankrolling AEW

Vince hired Khan and Khan to destroy HHH

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hahaha, oh JR. Just retire soon.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

kicking out of crazy moves can be awesome but nah i'm not with this, these two haven't earned it

Why?

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

The contract does say Khan... however!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The inner circle just can't win with these post-match production flubs

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

it's not the fact that it was the "tombstone" no one gives a poo poo about the undertaker. it was a mid rope piledriver something we never see in wrestling ever. kicking out of a move like that is like kicking out of the burning hammer it's dumb pal

If MJF were as cool and smart as PAC he would have been able to win with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EReO9tTiy_M

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thread should be renamed wwe dynamite

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Because having the two most antagonistic heels in the company go after each other is a really bad idea.
Unless Hangmin's winning the title and MJF is his first challenger...which might make sense actually.

That's always been my guess. Either Hangman loses the first time or his first run with the title is very short.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat it JR

Maybe when he said Jacksonville had become home to some he meant he was staying there when AEW went back on the road

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kunabomber posted:

now we know what it feels like to be peyton royce

jesus

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I know AEW is a positive wrestling environment, but somebody's gotta rip JR's rear end for that one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

it's not the fact that it was the "tombstone" no one gives a poo poo about the undertaker. it was a mid rope piledriver something we never see in wrestling ever. kicking out of a move like that is like kicking out of the burning hammer it's dumb pal

masahiro chono kicked out of an avalanche tombstone in loving 1987 its fine

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJF hurt his leg so he couldn't secure the pin and the move wasn't as impactful. There's your wrestling logic so that it fits the rules you got in your head.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

thread should be renamed wwe dynamite

Karmicknight.

Please.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Dimebags Brain posted:

If MJF were as cool and smart as PAC he would have been able to win with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EReO9tTiy_M

Exactly, MJF should have used his finisher move instead of a random power move he rarely does.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Because it's been a couple days since a thread became all about him.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

New thread title "WWE DYNAMITE" or gtfo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Big Queefy posted:

I know AEW is a positive wrestling environment, but somebody's gotta rip JR's rear end for that one.

He misspoke it's fine

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Eat My Fuc posted:

this generation should be kicking out of avanlanche tombstones and burning hammers, op

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

That sucks for JR, and is 100% just muscle memory or subconscious habit.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Cael posted:

New thread title "WWE DYNAMITE" or gtfo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

there wasn't the level of heat of say Omega kicking out at 1 on the golden trigger. The move was loving insane it made no thematic sense to have someone kick out like it was a piss ant move if you're going to end it with a regular rear end chair shot.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
first dynamite is spelled wrong in the thread title, now JR calls it WWE dynamite. will the tyranny of the mods ever cease

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The only bad part about MJF-Sammy is that Sammy losing makes it more likely that Jericho beats MJF down the line, which would be truly dire

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Like, poor JR, it's just instinct and all that, but I am *so* hyped for when Jericho finally replaces him.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Because it's been a couple days since a thread became all about him.

dude you really need to chill with the obsessive hatred for me, just hit ignore or better yet mellow out

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

there wasn't the level of heat of say Omega kicking out at 1 on the golden trigger. The move was loving insane it made no thematic sense to have someone kick out like it was a piss ant move if you're going to end it with a regular rear end chair shot.

Why didn't it make sense?

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

first dynamite is spelled wrong in the thread title, now JR calls it WWE dynamite. will the tyranny of the mods ever cease

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Coaaab posted:

this generation should be kicking out of avanlanche tombstones and burning hammers, op

yeah burning hammers and avalanche piledrivers are last-gen supermoves. this generation is going to do top rope destroyers and avalanche burning hammers!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

How dare you call a chair shot from Shawn "The Chairman" Spears a regular rear end chair shot!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
should have kicked out of one chair shot if his head could take an avalanche tombstone imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, pandemic AEW is over

what a long strange trip it's been

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

He misspoke it's fine

I mean, speaking is literally his job. I feel like it's kinda not fine.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

More like AEW Vegemite, amirite?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why didn't it make sense?

because the structure of the match until that point and the level of wear they were selling it didn't match what they were portraying at all, it was a huge spot for the sake of a huge spot and didn't lead to anything.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
On the great list of JR gently caress ups this one is just funny and perfectly timed not racist of sexist or accidentally transphobic everybody chill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

But they both sold it perfectly. I legit thought MJF was injured and that is why Sammy could kick out. And to further sell it MJF showed he couldn't use his leg for like the rest of the match.

And they could both kick out of sick poo poo because they are the future of the company so you wanna show they are tough. AND they are fueled by their utter hatred of each other. The story was that these two bring out the best in each other.