Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was that real rad-looking game that was using claymation at one of the E3 directs. Not a fighter though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

haveblue posted:

I'm prepared to buy a tiny replica of a Voodoo2 card that plays a selection of mid-90s FPSes

As long as it makes a loud "CLICK" when it switches from your 2D card. That ruled.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr2yr1Z7RW0

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Infinitum posted:

Clayfighter 63 1/3 on the N64

Thank you for reminding me of that silly videogame name

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

Clayfighter 63 1/3 on the N64

Technically the "Sculptor's Cut" of said game, which was a Blockbuster rental exclusive.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Technically the "Sculptor's Cut" of said game, which was a Blockbuster rental exclusive.

tag yourself, I'm the blockbuster rental exclusive

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think I remember reading about that game in Nintendo Power back in the day. Was it any good?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Larryb posted:

I think I remember reading about that game in Nintendo Power back in the day. Was it any good?

Do I have some good news for you if you own a Switch!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
oh wow, Wildermyth is insanely, insanely amazing

like for real, wow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

Sorry, I only played like 1 level at my cousin's house so I only remember the game existing and not much else :( Sorry

Simone Magus posted:

oh wow, Wildermyth is insanely, insanely amazing

like for real, wow

Hello simone welcome back

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Do I have some good news for you if you own a Switch!

Neat, but is the game worth playing though?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rare for a game to accurately predict its own Metacritic score in the title.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

Larryb posted:

no.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s what I figured, thanks

Speaking of Clayfighter, were any of those games ever put on the Virtual Console?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Larryb posted:

That’s what I figured, thanks

Speaking of Clayfighter, were any of those games ever put on the Virtual Console?

You can literally play as Santa, shove characters up your arse, and then fart them to death as a Claytality.

Reckon it's pretty low on the Virtual Console list :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 90s were loving wild

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I won a local store Blockbuster video game competition and could choose from Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 3, or Clayfighter Tournament Edition as a prize.

I chose Clayfighter because it was the exclusive one lol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Getting Over It is very intentionally a B-game, isn't it? Or at least it's intentionally mimicking one, and the game it's based on, Sexy Hiking, very much is one.

Although I'm not 100% sure what a b-game even is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Larryb posted:

I always remember Clayfighter 63 1/3 cause N64 gave it their lowest rating of all time (25%) and absolutely savaged it in the review

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rarity posted:

I always remember Clayfighter 63 1/3 cause N64 gave it their lowest rating of all time (25%) and absolutely savaged it in the review

I was talking about the completely unrelated SNES game Claymates

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I won a local store Blockbuster video game competition and could choose from Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 3, or Clayfighter Tournament Edition as a prize.

I chose Clayfighter because it was the exclusive one lol

If you have it still its gotta be worth a bundle right?

GlyphGryph posted:

Getting Over It is very intentionally a B-game, isn't it? Or at least it's intentionally mimicking one, and the game it's based on, Sexy Hiking, very much is one.

Although I'm not 100% sure what a b-game even is.

Getting Over It is just an indie game, I don't quite get b-game feeling from it. But it is hard to nail down exactly what that means.

To me "b-movie" means its on a budget and cheese/schlock/camp (usually unintentional but not always).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

If you have it still its gotta be worth a bundle right?

I have never been good at keeping things that ended up being collectible :sigh:

In any case it looks like even the complete box+manual+game like new is only ebaying for 30-60... someone is trying to sell a graded version for 900usd lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Probably doesn't help that a couple of the characters are super problematic in 2021

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I bought Banners of Ruin on the Switch because I saw a good bit of a sponsored stream of the Steam version and it looked cool and fun, but I really wish I had waited a bit more. The UI us horrible on console, especially handheld, and like most PC ports there was zero optimization for handheld. The text is loving microscopic, it freezes constantly and the drat splash screen still says Early Access. I'm glad it was only $16 but here's hoping for a patch soon.

What I have been able to play of it seems pretty fun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Probably doesn't help that a couple of the characters are super problematic in 2021

Like who, idk poo poo about clayfighter

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Like who, idk poo poo about clayfighter

Most of them are just kinda dumb but yeah some...

https://clayfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Kung_Pow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Green Wing posted:

I'm stuck in hospital for several days recovering from massive blood loss, I only have my low-spec laptop for company so uh if anybody has any good reccs for very low-spec RPGs or something, like, itch.io stuff, let me know eh.

That sounds rough, get well soon.

While getting well play Reccettear.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Reccettear and Atom Zombie Smasher are the only two games that have bluescreend my PC, very strange

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Green Wing posted:

I'm stuck in hospital for several days recovering from massive blood loss, I only have my low-spec laptop for company so uh if anybody has any good reccs for very low-spec RPGs or something, like, itch.io stuff, let me know eh.

Never a bad time to get deep into Nethack

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

Never a bad time to get deep into Brogue

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

God, even with Gentleman Saints Row 2 on PC is dire. I've been trying to finish off the Chop Shop and Hitman and the game just keeps crashing and removing my progress. I don't like these HD "remakes" but if you gave me a stable version of 2 I'd be overjoyed. 1 as well, as someone who never had a 360, Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, and Saints Row 1 are my holy grails of games that I should play, but cannot justify buying a console for

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

It's time for an august games chat thread for august gamers

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

also put viva piñata on steam

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
kinda surprised that's not on game pass by now (unless it is and I don't know)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1421161069180071938

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

haveblue posted:

kinda surprised that's not on game pass by now (unless it is and I don't know)

If Rare Replay is on Game Pass then both VP games should be as well by default of being in the collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

rare replay is on console gamepass but not pc, because otherwise i would have been "piñata-ing" months ago